2015 Gear

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Maybe they haven't sold many so he is freed of the contract?
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    The Nike thing always seemed weird - they haven't sold any bike gear in years. I don't really get what they're trying to do.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    k-dog wrote:
    The Nike thing always seemed weird - they haven't sold any bike gear in years. I don't really get what they're trying to do.
    That is a bit odd
  • Paul 8v
    Now this is interesting:
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_complete_road-600x353.jpg

Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_BB-600x353.jpg
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_BB_chainstay-600x353.jpg
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_seat-cluster-600x353.jpg

http://www.triplebottomline.cc/

Just by looking at the website you can see that will be a pretty penny! Liking the 'lugs' though. Look like something out of Tron
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Surprising cav wearing nikes and not s works?, can you buy the nikes shoes seen few riders wearing them but nowhere sells them
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    You can't buy the Nike shoes. If I recall correctly, they aren't even made by Nike, just branded by them.
  • Paul 8v
    Yeah, I really don't see the point then!
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    That's just bizarre. Wear your own kit eh.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Crampeur wrote:
    You can't buy the Nike shoes. If I recall correctly, they aren't even made by Nike, just branded by them.

I guess that sponsoring a few cyclists is a minuscule part of their marketing budget. The rest is just about aligning themselves with "the sporting lifestyle"

Imagine the difference in endorsing an NBA All Star vs a cycling manxman...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ddraver wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

I guess that sponsoring a few cyclists is a minuscule part of their marketing budget. The rest is just about aligning themselves with "the sporting lifestyle"

Massively different clothes sizes, I would imagine.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Now this is interesting:
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_complete_road-600x353.jpg

Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_BB-600x353.jpg
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_BB_chainstay-600x353.jpg
    Triple-Bottom-Line_DFM01_seat-cluster-600x353.jpg

http://www.triplebottomline.cc/

Just by looking at the website you can see that will be a pretty penny! Liking the 'lugs' though. Look like something out of Tron

Looks like something designed by Buckminster Fuller, it would be cool if it's made with nanotubes reinforced with Buckminsterfullerene.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Ben6899 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

Massively different clothes sizes, I would imagine.

:lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    11240729_394985450695846_801190646_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Cervelo-Aero-Handlebar-One-Pro.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    Christ. You'll be able to eat your dinner off bars soon.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Crampeur wrote:

Well my cycling shoes are proper Nike, actually made by them. I picked them up in the sale as a consequence of them deciding to stop doing cycling gear. Must've been over 10 years ago...
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

Whose are those then?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • gweeds
    Might be some of those custom ones for David Millar. Can't be sure.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    They look like the Giro Empire SLX - that's the Easton carbon sole (same as Rapha use) but the giveaway is the edge of the stripe texture on the sides - those are the laced ones.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • frenchfighter
    Photo by Kare
    tumblr_no33gl8gEE1r4o0yso1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Wiggins now has Pantani's Giro GC jersey:

https://instagram.com/p/2O8LkDTL5b/?tak ... radwiggins

Niiiiice!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    11013264_10152856044053657_4587508143445447339_n.jpg
    11150402_10152856043863657_5153595281418229829_n.jpg
    11209624_10152856043948657_9076171786715760982_n.jpg

CEZ1p4LWIAAXGjR.jpg
    CEZ1qnoWYAAtwH5.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Wiggins now has Pantani's Giro GC jersey:

https://instagram.com/p/2O8LkDTL5b/?tak ... radwiggins

Niiiiice!

That sleeve looks terrible. The quicker they go out of fashion the better.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

so wiggins now falls off so often that they've followed the boxing route of sponsoring the bottom of his shoes!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • frenchfighter
    This is frankly one of the worst things Contador has done. Really shocking to see this. The only thing to hope is that they are some special advanced model and so are just being tested.
    i-CzPdmXT-X3.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    This is frankly one of the worst things Contador has done. Really shocking to see this. The only thing to hope is that they are some special advanced model and so are just being tested.

Yeah the Clen I can forgive but this? !?! Good golly no.

They're not normal S Works. More heel stuff going on there Than normal. Although wit out the silly coloured dial they would be pretty sweet.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    LeePaton wrote:

They're not normal S Works. More heel stuff going on there Than normal. Although wit out the silly coloured dial they would be pretty sweet.

Funnily it's the socks that bug me, but then pretty much the whole peloton has naff socks these days.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    LeePaton wrote:

The heel detail is just Contador with the Pistol logo- so he must like them to have his brand on there