2015 Gear

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    9806_559402350863611_573036557367184865_n.jpg?oh=22914507867bfb22450c459a36f6b603&oe=554C096C

When you say 2015 gear....
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_nkoolx0uQb1s4ev68o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

Wonder why cut off long sleeves still happens. Also seems to mean he has no WC or NC bands ring
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    sjmclean wrote:

Wonder why cut off long sleeves still happens. Also seems to mean he has no WC or NC bands ring

Do you mean why it still happens and why they don't just make a warmer short-sleeve jersey?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Pokerface wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Do you mean why it still happens and why they don't just make a warmer short-sleeve jersey?

I guess because it's so easy to cut the arms off a LS jersey... :)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Anonymous
    Pokerface wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

I meant why, but you answered my question in your reply.
  • rick_chasey
    Generally there's a thing for longer sleeves at the moment.

Is pretty common to see jerseys go down to basically the elbow. Does not compute with my '90s sensibilities...

Unrelated to Cav, just reminded me.

Most pros get made-to-measure kit (hence the lack of creases) so presumably early in the season they haven't made it all yet.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I will also point out (As the poor sod gets loads of stick for it normally) No post-winter belly on Cav ;-)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I will also point out (As the poor sod gets loads of stick for it normally) No post-winter belly on Cav ;-)

Yeah but even the team thinks he's only worth number 2... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Is pretty common to see jerseys go down to basically the elbow. Does not compute with my '90s sensibilities...

Most pros get made-to-measure kit (hence the lack of creases) so presumably early in the season they haven't made it all yet.

Long sleeves probably make sense because they don't ride up if they are cut longer than the bicep? or for weather protection? (eg. Gabba.. but works for sun protection too I suppose)

I actually think it looks better... unlike the longer shorts that seem to be accompanying them (or maybe its just a quickstep thing?!)

PIC464898454.jpg

horrible shorts.
  • Anonymous

Castelli don't do much made to measure stuff now, as they think that their stuff is very good and doesn't need custom fit.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Longer sleeves and longer bibs = more aero
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Weights.
    B-7CzYNWwAAd4f0.jpg

I guess this shows once again that the pros don't really give a monkey's about aero....
  • rick_chasey
    Grill wrote:

Is it?

How is a skintight sleeve over your arm more aero than your naked arm?
  • rick_chasey
    Weights.
    I guess this shows once again that the pros don't really give a monkey's about aero....

No it doesn't.
  • Pokerface
    Grill wrote:

Is it?

How is a skintight sleeve over your arm more aero than your naked arm?

Because it's been proven that some skinsuit materials are actually more aero than skin. That's why there is a predominance of long-sleeve skinsuits instead of short-sleeve ones. (Some DO prefer short sleeves in particularly hot conditions).
  • Pokerface
    Weights.

No it doesn't.

+! to Rick on this. Under the BB is where a lot of 'dirty air' goes. It's why DI2 batteries used to be mounted there, why some TT bikes have the rear brake there, etc - because it doesn't affect the aerodynamics of the bike.
  • Anonymous
    I think he means that they are all riding lighter bikes (emonda) and prefer to get to the UCI limit rather than heavier and Aero.

As someone said elsewhere, look at the number of Tarmacs vs Venges in the pro peleton
  • Pokerface
    coriordan wrote:
    I think he means that they are all riding lighter bikes (emonda) and prefer to get to the UCI limit rather than heavier and Aero.

As someone said elsewhere, look at the number of Tarmacs vs Venges in the pro peloton

I have both the Tarmac and Venge - and they just feel different. You can get a Venge to the 6.8kg limit if you desire. It's not really about the weight. But the Tarmac is more comfortable to ride. Not sure why, just is!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A touch over the top for someone who's going to trundle round in his own time.

B_a6KdMXAAMdrTH.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Porte's TT bike:
    ZUPER-24669.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    I'm glad they haven't put insulation tape round the handlebar tape like Orica do with their green and yellow. Looks awful!
    insulation%20tape%20-%20GampY.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    That however is a lovely looking bike
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Also noticed this in the Vulpine Hoy collection....

2847_Image.jpg
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    They are all going GB retro... I have snapped up the Prendas one, great value.
  • Anyone know why Voeckler had quad brakes fitted for stage one at PN?
  • frenchfighter
    The question was asked on the Paris Nice thread but no one really knew! Either he had them on for when he was training in winter and couldnt be bothered to take them off or maybe he wanted to get used to it before the Classics.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    The question was asked on the Paris Nice thread but no one really knew! Either he had them on for when he was training in winter and couldnt be bothered to take them off or maybe he wanted to get used to it before the Classics.

Wondering if he had a bike change, and maybe the only spare he had is an adapted cross bike. That wouldn't surprise me for that team.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Is he riding on top of the bars more because of his shoulder?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.