2015 Gear

Comments

• TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Front fork looks very slim to be hiding an integrated brake.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I like that a lot.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    tumblr_n8wcbu4FIK1qzxpybo1_1280.jpg

The display looks like it's beautifully clear. I don't understand why there isn't a single good colour display on a bike computer yet though, they all look 10 years old, if they can't get one that's got enough contrast then they could at least provide one with a good resolution. Also, the GUIs on all the colour ones look 10 years old, it's weird how not a single one of them look 'slick'.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pokerface wrote:
    look-795-aero-klein.jpg

This would appear to be the new 795: attachment.php?attachmentid=379120&d=1371933876

The photo is actually from 2013 so it must have been a prototype, but it has all the makings of what I would expect to see in the 795. It's a cross between the 675 and 695.

My mistake! It appears that was a photoshop job and actually WAS a blend of 695 and 675 bikes. New 795 looks to be even more aero.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    They're awesome looking bits of kit those LOOK bikes.
  • frenchfighter
    Campag 2015
    Shamal Mille
    2015-Campagnolo-SHAMAL-Mille-road-bike-wheels.jpg
    Bora One 50
    2015-Campagnolo-BORAone35TB.jpg
    Bora Ultra 50
    2015-campagnolo-BORAultra35TB.jpg
    Bora Ultra 50
    2015-Campagnolo-BORAultra50TBdark.jpg

The Bora wheels are only available as tubulars. Claimed weights for the new models are:
    BORA ULTRA 35 – 1,179 g
    BORA ONE 35 – 1,223 g
    BORA ULTRA 50 – 1,267 g
    BORA ONE 50 – 1,313 g
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Maybe it is this:
    unnamed.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Maybe it is this:
    unnamed.jpg

That looks like another Photoshop job. Looks like the seat post off a Venge on it! That and the fact the photo was taken in someone's living room....

Doesn't look like the seat post height can be adjusted. No cap on top of post and it doesn't go inside frame.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Maybe it is this:
    unnamed.jpg

Just think of the cleaning...
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    davidof wrote:
    they've copied my bike!

20140620_133507.jpg

Is that the top of the Iseran ?
  • frenchfighter
    Doesnt look photoshopped but neither did the other! Not sure what you mean re seatpost...surely just a standard integrated seat post.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Doesnt look photoshopped but neither did the other! Not sure what you mean re seatpost...surely just a standard integrated seat post.

Look closely. If an integrated post, then it would have some sort of 'cap' at the top. You cut a ISM to length, but then you need to have something at the top for small adjustments up or down. It doesn't look like there is.

And where the post meets the frame it also doesn't look like the post slides inside the frame. Therefore this would be a bike with a pre-molded and predetermined seat post length. Which doesn't exist.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Pokerface wrote:

Look closely. If an integrated post, then it would have some sort of 'cap' at the top. You cut a ISM to length, but then you need to have something at the top for small adjustments up or down. It doesn't look like there is.

And where the post meets the frame it also doesn't look like the post slides inside the frame. Therefore this would be a bike with a pre-molded and predetermined seat post length. Which doesn't exist.

Well I'm sure all will be revealed at Eurobike, if not before. I'll be there if you want photos, or of anything else.
  • Pokerface
    Photos of the Look bike taken down off the Weight Weenies site and Moderator said they are 'time embargoed'. I assume this means they are actually genuine and someone leaked the photo early.

I also think it must be due for introduction sooner than Eurobike.
  • Coachb
    Coachb Posts: 68
    Pokerface wrote:
    Photos of the Look bike taken down off the Weight Weenies site and Moderator said they are 'time embargoed'. I assume this means they are actually genuine and someone leaked the photo early.

I also think it must be due for introduction sooner than Eurobike.

There is a photo of the Look on WW with normal brakes. The one above was taken down.
    It has a new innovative brake system built into the hubs of what look like normal Cosmic Wheels.
    Braking has just gone into the star trek age.
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n92daoj1qd1qkzgwco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n925gyczCZ1s79jgxo4_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    inseine wrote:
    cavendish-4-600x324.jpg
    The sound of observing how much green Dr Dre made when off loading an entourage of marketing jiggery pokery for beats sonic bonce receptacles.
  • frenchfighter
    New Bianchi TT bike will be shown in the TT
    BtPnRrnIEAEF4Cd.jpg
    BtPnSHbIIAAgQlE.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    tumblr_n925gyczCZ1s79jgxo4_1280.jpg

I like that, what is it?
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    There are some really nicely designed bikes on there
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sounds like he's been in a pretty serious bike crash while racing so that could be a while longer as his arm is paralyzed for the time being.

Also, some of those bikes are hideous - notably the one quoted above
  • frenchfighter
    10550869_10152593552608454_6142647262278092982_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    More and more TT bikes now drifting towards a unified shape. Obviously something in it from and aerodynamics point of view. Makes me wonder if we'll ever see any more significant changes made under the current rules.
  • apologies if already posted. Wilier Strada

Zip ties on the top tube??
    10557191_10152118770611582_2959885774064361340_n.jpg
  • Pokerface
    FocusZing wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    cavendish-4-600x324.jpg
    The sound of observing how much green Dr Dre made when off loading an entourage of marketing jiggery pokery for beats sonic bonce receptacles.

The headphones aren't made by Beats. They are made by Vibe Audio.

Dr. Dre just sold Beats to Apple for $3 billion.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2014
    Pokerface wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    cavendish-4-600x324.jpg

The headphones aren't made by Beats. They are made by Vibe Audio.

Dr. Dre just sold Beats to Apple for $3 billion.

Yes. An incredible amount of money, I could not believe how much Beats headphones cost. It did seem at one point many top sports people had them on post race, certainly prompted well.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Yep, the price for a pair was as pathethic as the quality..

People should just go out and give the 80-100 for a pair of Audio Technica and you are pretty much sorted.