Buying a new bike - red rims

13»

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    cooldad wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Red rims look shite

I disagree, I love my red-wheeled bike so much I even gave it a plank of wood to lean on in the garden:

pic_08.JPG

OP, Have you considered black with red wheels?
    Obviously needs a crutch, being old and from an era before suspension was invented.

No, it's fairly new, but suspension just adds weight and complexity to a kid's bike. Note the disc brakes - I didn't entirely reject the 21st century
    Have you got a picture of the bike with the red wheels fitted and not the pink ones in the photo then?
    You're a cruel, harsh woman. Or man, it's hard to tell on a web forum. Anyway, if you want to see the proper effect, just colour the rims in on your monitor with some fire engine red felt tip pen.
    cooldad wrote:
    Wheels, stems, bars etc and finishing kit should be black. If it's not the law it should be.
    If the frame's black as well it can look a bit too much as if you're going for the "stealth" look, and then you'll worry about any non-black bits like nuts and bolts. Better to go for a colour scheme that would have looked cool to you when you were ten. Which may be the OP's motivation.

By the way, and for the OP's benefit, the rims are Superstar Sentinels. Also available in blue, black and silver among others.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    Oh Marone wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I once had a white Raleigh Burner with red Skyway wheels. Thats the bike you want.

That bike was actually awesome. I had the blue one with yellow wheels.

I had one of those as well, thanks to the BMX bandits film. Mine was gold with black padding, normal wheels though. Loved that bike.

think that would have been an ultra burner, at least it sounds like my old ultra burner
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Oh Marone wrote:
    [
    No my bike was cool as it had spokey dokeys :lol: . I was always jealous of my mates blinged out Mongoose (rich parents) as it had the plastic race number dodah on the bars and weighed about half the weight of my Burner, loads of chrome/polished bits. Was living in South Africa at the time and the Mongoose was the bmx to have.

yeah I had mates who had just moved back from Australia and had mongoose bikes like that. I was well jealous....they didn't have red wheels though :?
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Do you also require locking dustcaps?
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike