• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    marcusjb wrote:
    Golden rule of marriage - the wife is always right.*

Fixed that for you.

*except when she isn't!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    been told NO..... :cry:
    I'm working on the Mrs, I've suggested it a few times. I don't think I'll convince her though.

roped in my 10 yo daughter to persuade her, as she's keen on the idea
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    I'm working on the Mrs, I've suggested it a few times. I don't think I'll convince her though.

Try the romantic angle - One of my wifes friends couldn't stop going on about how romantic it sounds. Not sure she'd agree if she had to look at my sweaty arse for hours as I drag her around the Kent countryside but there you go....
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

I broached the subject again last night. She grunted and said that our daughter would probably enjoy it. There was a hint of menace in her voice so I don't think it would be prudent to take it as a yes.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

I broached the subject again last night. She grunted and said that our daughter would probably enjoy it. There was a hint of menace in her voice so I don't think it would be prudent to take it as a yes.

heh! nice to chat by way!

seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWFrl4e7l4
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    We did a "training ride" for 3 people riding the Ride London 100 for The George Oliver Foundation (see my sig) on Sunday. 67 miles including Leith Hill and Box Hill (and the "wrong side" of White Down). The tandem was at the front for the entire time and it was the longest ride my missus has done ever by about 15 miles. Brilliant fun and apart from the front left hand side crank bolt unscrewing :shock: , the bike didn't miss a beat.

Average moving speed of around 15mph which was pretty pleasing as we were going at the speed of the slowest rider (which wasn't the tandem!). Kept on dropping everyone on the downhills as well!