Wiggins to Orica?

124»

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    TMR wrote:
    Wiggins has just signed with Alan Sugars new team ,,,check Velo news , Incredible :shock:

Link please, because I can't see anything. Unless it's a crap joke of course...

Fancy asking for a link :lol: You got reeled in which is quite funny ,come on.

It be a surprise to me particularly.. . so it's not that funny.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    ju5t1n wrote:
    If we’re dreaming then I’d like to see Wiggins move to Orica right now and take on Froome at this year’s Tour, and for Quintana to ride too. That would be a cracker

That can kick off when Froome loses 3 mins on the cobbles because Sky have packed the team with climbers for whom the cobbles are merely something they've read about, with the sole exception of G who was held up by a crash and unable to help his leader.

This dreaming lark is interesting...

But if you remember the last time the tour hit the cobbles the GC contenders did not do to bad. It's more a case of not getting any bike issues and it was very exciting as well. I think Froome would cope as well as anyone else. Contador rode well last time.

The last time the tour hit the cobbles Frank Schleck crashed out with a broken collarbone and Bertie lost a minute - there were 7 sections / 13.2km

In 2004 Iban Mayo wiped out and there were only 2 sections about 4 km!

This year there are 15 km of cobbles spread out over nine sections!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    ju5t1n wrote:
    If we’re dreaming then I’d like to see Wiggins move to Orica right now and take on Froome at this year’s Tour, and for Quintana to ride too. That would be a cracker

That can kick off when Froome loses 3 mins on the cobbles because Sky have packed the team with climbers for whom the cobbles are merely something they've read about, with the sole exception of G who was held up by a crash and unable to help his leader.

This dreaming lark is interesting...

But if you remember the last time the tour hit the cobbles the GC contenders did not do to bad. It's more a case of not getting any bike issues and it was very exciting as well. I think Froome would cope as well as anyone else. Contador rode well last time.

The last time the tour hit the cobbles Frank Schleck crashed out with a broken collarbone and Bertie lost a minute - there were 7 sections / 13.2km

This year there are 15 km of cobbles spread out over nine sections!

Yeah, but apart from that they didn't do too badly. One of the main contenders did quite well even though he only had well known climbing domestiques like Cancellara to help him out :wink:
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    ju5t1n wrote:
    If we’re dreaming then I’d like to

In 2004 the postals basically assassinated Mayo, the average speed for the stage was over 46kph and at times they were touching 40mph (apologies for mixing metric with imperial, the 40mph bit is from memory) - Mayo had no chance of closing the gap.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    After the protracted and complex nature of Bradley's transfer from Garmin to Team Sky, I would expect his exit to be similarly lengthy and complicated.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    mroli wrote:
    Not if he's out of contract...
    good point well made :)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Interesting that Gerry Ryan says: “Bradley rang Whitey up and had a chat. We haven’t gone out [for him] because he is still under contract,"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/orica-g ... r-strategy