Rob Hatch

13»

Comments

• argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    I'm sure Kirby was wittering on, on one of the long Tour stages when he was safely locked away in the basement back in Paris and Harmon was commentating, about living in northern France, perhaps a farm of some sort?

The manure is now on the airwaves sadly.
  • argyllflyer
    Contradicting myself, I'm enjoying a bit of Kirby meandering on Sky just now. Rob Hatch wouldn't have anecdotes about costs of entry to Italian beaches! :o

He's a comfy pair of slippers really.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,911
    I'm amazed at the number of posters who seem to prefer to have mediocre, stand up comedian accompany their cycling, rather than a sports commentator.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • argyllflyer
    I'm amazed at the number of posters who seem to prefer to have mediocre, stand up comedian accompany their cycling, rather than a sports commentator.

Do you follow his 'crap joke friday' thing on Twitter?
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459

To be fair, he's the guy who fills in between the expert analysis and sometimes he has to talk a lot because the expert hasn't much to say, and sometimes when there's nothing happening a bit of light banter breaks the monotony.

I'm sure I'll get used to Rob Hatch once I work out what he calls AG2R :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    TMR wrote:
    Misread thread title. Expected to read about Liz Hatch. Left disappointed :(

I'm with you on that score. To console ourselves here is the bonnie Miss Hatch.

Liz-Hatch-cyclist_zps0fd1dcd6.jpg
    I love you, too.

DD.

Not looking too happy...
    I guess that's Liz Hatch with the tight Sn..
    oh never mind..
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Elfed wrote:
    Ok, I'll accept if he speaks that language he'll do it naturally without thinking, still confusing as I'm having to re learn who's who and what teams are which.

There's a woman on Sky Sports News who does the same, Kate Abdo, she's a fluent in French, German and Spanish. She's stunning though, so forgiven :D:D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Abdo

Are you 12?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    RideOnTime wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    Misread thread title. Expected to read about Liz Hatch. Left disappointed :(

I'm with you on that score. To console ourselves here is the bonnie Miss Hatch.

Liz-Hatch-cyclist_zps0fd1dcd6.jpg
    I love you, too.

DD.

Not looking too happy...

There is a video on youtube where she talks about her life prior to her involvement in cycling and she mentions being depressed so perhaps she is a melancholic soul. Maybe she didn't enjoy being one of the poster girls for cycling all the time.

DD.
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    Elfed wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Kirby speaks a foreign language, and to be honest his or any of the other commentators mispronunciations have never spoilt any race I've watched.
    Nor mine, to be honest.

However, I can’t imagine why the correct pronunciation would bother you. If anything it adds a bit of Continental flavour to what is, ultimately, a sport that developed on the European continent.

By the way, you’ll be pleased to know most of the French commentators mangle the English and Italian names. :mrgreen:
    Ditto the Italian commentators on RAI3 with pretty much all the foreign names, although they should manage Ben Swift. ;)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I'm sure Kirby was wittering on, on one of the long Tour stages when he was safely locked away in the basement back in Paris and Harmon was commentating, about living in northern France, perhaps a farm of some sort?

Yes in 2012. He was talking about roofing tiles and bricks. Jesus why do I remember this stuff.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    The_Boy wrote:
    Elfed wrote:
    Ok, I'll accept if he speaks that language he'll do it naturally without thinking, still confusing as I'm having to re learn who's who and what teams are which.

There's a woman on Sky Sports News who does the same, Kate Abdo, she's a fluent in French, German and Spanish. She's stunning though, so forgiven :D:D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Abdo

Are you 12?

Are you another internet tough guy hiding behind a keyboard?
    Would you say something like that to a complete stranger in the real world, I doubt it, learn some manners boy!
  • The_Boy
    Deleted
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    At the risk of making a dangerously on topic post on this thread, I'm rather a fan of Rob Hatch. See also: whoever it was doing ToC.

Then again I'm also a fan of Kirby which, judging by the opprobrium heaped up him, means I must be easy to please.
  • argyllflyer

Yes in 2012. He was talking about roofing tiles and bricks. Jesus why do I remember this stuff.

Ah, you recall more than me!

I can see the pictures in my mind though!

And The Boy, California was a debut lead commentary by Matt Stephens, who up to then has done the summarising role on various races.
This discussion has been closed.