The French, The Germans and the Italians...

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Answering both of the above. It is kind of fun, although as with any job frustrating and boring a lot of the time. I mainly deal with Triumphs, MGs, Austing Healeys, Minis plus various bits for others in a similar vein. The down side of a hobby turning into a profession is it can put you off the hobby a bit. I still get to go to the odd event for fun but I pick and choose what I go to and I try not to work them any more. The Goodwood Revival is probably my favourite event, the static shows I've been to so many they all start to look the same.
    I worked for a main dealer doing Ferrari. Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls Royce and Bentley for a few years but left and came back to this. Different world and I didn't like it.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Well this thread keeps going off track. As much as I like to see a nice Healy 3000 in racing green with that amazing engine sound it's not what I came into this post.for.
    I just can't get over how fine French women can be. Wish I had a pic of that lifeguard I bumped into on holiday near Nice (appropriate place). They officially work.for fire department but she was so fit I keep having flashbacks so vivid it's like I'm still there.
    If only memories could be turned into pictures. Fitter than any pictures shown so far.
    Once knew a French lass who was part Italian. Can't get better pedigree.
    Why is there less obesity in France?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Because they don't live on a diet of shyyyyyyyt food, cheap booze and fags like the Brits.

They also go out side, take pride in themselves and are aware of the importance of washing themselves and their clothes.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Oh yes. I knew there were good reasons.

I just got amazed how eeven the worst areas there weren't obese women. Near the end of my week there I spotted a fat woman. With some satisfaction I'd found French obesity. Then she opened her mouth...American! Left Nice thinking they must have a ghetto where they stick their fatties.
    BTW I apologise if anyone finds my post offensive.

BTW where are the Germans in this thread?

What about widening it to Scandinavia. Or is that worthy of their own thread?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Oh yes. I knew there were good reasons.

I just got amazed how eeven the worst areas there weren't obese women. Near the end of my week there I spotted a fat woman. With some satisfaction I'd found French obesity. Then she opened her mouth...American! Left Nice thinking they must have a ghetto where they stick their fatties.
    BTW I apologise if anyone finds my post offensive.

BTW where are the Germans in this thread?

What about widening it to Scandinavia. Or is that worthy of their own thread?
    Germans undoubtedly have fat women so are not as worthy. Scandinavians are completely different so probably deserve another thread.