The French, The Germans and the Italians...

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,089
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Italy is good for pasta, wine, old buildings and Quatro Fromaggio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6fcjum_8-U
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You'll get this thread locked too :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Red flagged and reported
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Off to Italy on Monday to visit a couple of customers. One has a showroom in the middle of Milan, with a bar next door and opposite a modelling agency.
    There are many fine things about Italy, although I must admit Milanese traffic isn't one of them.
  • pinno
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Italy is good for sitting in the sun in the main square in Verona, drinking several carafes of Prosecco, then cycling 30 miles home :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Off to Italy on Monday to visit a couple of customers. One has a showroom in the middle of Milan, with a bar next door and opposite a modelling agency.

Need any help with this customer visit?
  • veronese68
    Funny how many are volunteering to help with this customer visit.
    MattC you're dead right there. Main square in Verona is only a couple of minutes walk from my Mum's flat so not far enough to warrant riding the bike.
    Unfortunately I'll be in Milan and Brescia, but won't make it to Verona. Even worse failed to make the trip coincide with the Mille Miglia because the boss was being awkward. When he realises what he's missed he may regret that decision.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    I went inter railing through Europe before uni in September 99. Verona stands out as one of the prettiest places of all, and somehow all the people were amazingly good looking too.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Nearly bought a company in Verona, bl@@dy German company beat us to it.

Would have been a great place to hold a directorship, esp with tax advice from Benito 666 :D
  • veronese68
    jawooga wrote:
    I went inter railing through Europe before uni in September 99. Verona stands out as one of the prettiest places of all, and somehow all the people were amazingly good looking too.
    8) or more likely I'm the exception to prove the rule.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Veronese68 wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    8) or more likely I'm the exception to prove the rule.

:D and that was the first time I ever saw a McDonald's with silver arches - I'm betraying my inner chav now that I thought at the time that that was a classy touch!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    There are many fine things about Italy, although I must admit Milanese traffic isn't one of them.

Don't forget the pictures :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • brianonyx
    brianonyx Posts: 170
    There is an italian educational countdown programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjD3ylMYyc
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Italia - the home of evertything that is good and comical in the worls.

Wonderful, wonderful place. And I have 2 1/2 weeks in the mountains at the family house on the bike in the summer to look forward to. Followed a month later by another 3 days.

I might get this lady to serenade me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-LqAWZw02o
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Might pop across to Rome and see if I can spot Caterina Murino...

My other giddy aunt...sigh

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3673266432/ ... m_phs_md_6
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/f7eaac12793170
  • Matthewfalle
    I must admit that I am hoping to get arrested at some point

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=itali ... B362%3B500

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Good luck with that, do you need a plan?
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Italy is a wonderful place, only issue we see daily is the governments inability to close the door to the countless companies that thrive under the radar of taxation, which although no where near as bad as portugal, is however very bad for the country as a whole.

Ive had a business in Torino for a while, absolutely love it and try to visit twice a year. Food, wine, fun times.
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    VTech wrote:
    Italy is a wonderful place, only issue we see daily is the governments inability to close the door to the countless companies that thrive under the radar of taxation, which although no where near as bad as portugal, is however very bad for the country as a whole.

Whose radar gun are you using? Portugal is trying to thrive by allowing the large conglomerates to avoid tax and with the agreement of Germany who pay the bills. So the português government is not trying to close the door and the gun is switched off.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle

Good luck with that, do you need a plan?

I'm just going to ask them to.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    VTech wrote:

I'm sorry, but what utter tosh are you speaking?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

I'm sorry, but what utter tosh are you speaking?

I have 6 companies in Portugal and from first hand experience it is a fact that many companies exist without paying tax.
    They have recently tried to legislate with PayPal because the problem has grown so badly and have already requested schemes like western union money transfers are copied to the taxation department to catch people transferring money without payment of tax.

I'll await your response.
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    Give it up, tax avoidance and tax collection attempts are a national pastime here :D

The GNR are now required to check your financial tax records and collect outstanding tax on the spot using your bank cards when they stop you at one of their fundraising roundabouts.

If you actually 'have' six companies in Portugal you will know the real reason why companies avoid tax
  • VTech
    team47b wrote:
    Give it up, tax avoidance and tax collection attempts are a national pastime here :D

The GNR are now required to check your financial tax records and collect outstanding tax on the spot using your bank cards when they stop you at one of their fundraising roundabouts.

If you actually 'have' six companies in Portugal you will know the real reason why companies avoid tax

As you live in portugal can you confirm wether what I have said is 100% accurate or not. I guess that would be the way to verify or not.
    I have 6 companies I am a shareholder within and what I have said I believe to be true.

This of course is backed up by the EU Banking system which ruled that both Portugal and Greece were in similar positions relating to governments ability to collect tax.
    People who know little about national debt would think that Portugal and Greece owed way more money that the likes of the UK and France etc but that is false. The fact is that we keep a better credit score within the UK due to the fact that the money agencies believe our government have the ability to collect more money if needed to feed the debt we are in which is significantly greater than that of Portugal and Greece (ireland too).
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    Yes, I can confirm that that you 100% believe what you said is true :D
  • VTech
    team47b wrote:
    Yes, I can confirm that that you 100% believe what you said is true :D

Why remark to discredit something then jest when put on the spot ?
    Remember, its the rest of the EU that bailed out the corruption in your country. I often feel we shouldn't jest in such matters because there are people here who suffer needlessly to pay for the corruption in other countries.
    Now I'm not saying it is the fault of the people in whatever country but the fact that so many business operate under the radar wether through the haphazard methods of the government in finding these people or the company directors who simply do not wish to pay their dues. It doesn't really matter.
    Living MY dream.
  • Matthewfalle
    Do you own these companies or are you a shareholder?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    Do you own these companies or are you a shareholder?

Does it matter ?
    I am a shareholder.
    Living MY dream.
  • Matthewfalle
    Yes, it does matter.

Majority or minority shareholder? Voting rights? Receive a dividend? Any other positions?

There is a point to all this.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.