Guess the object

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    I'm sure I've seen one of these in a bond film.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Thought I recognised it, i think its a baccarat paddle.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    simonhead wrote:
    a baccarat paddle.

That was my first thought, but surely it is too thick??
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • simonhead
    natrix wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    a baccarat paddle.

I thought it was to thick too, but unless its a dice paddle i cant think of anything else
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    simonhead wrote:
    natrix wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    a baccarat paddle.

I thought it was to thick too, but unless its a dice paddle i cant think of anything else

Not dice, but a paddle of sorts.

Super close now.

This is primarily an Aussie game.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    A two up paddle?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    guinea wrote:
    This is primarily an Aussie game.

So it is to do with sheep then?
  • guinea
    arran77 wrote:
    A two up paddle?

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

More correctly called a kip.
  • arran77
    Woohoo :mrgreen:

Knock yourselves out with this...

FTzemt.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Is it a device that is the only thing that will kill the undead zombie vampire sheep?

Or a trivet ?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • simonhead
    We are sailing, we are sailing...........
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    Is it a device that is the only thing that will kill the undead zombie vampire sheep?

Or a trivet ?

It does look a little buffy the vampire slayer esque but nothing to do with killing undead zombie vampire sheep :lol:

Not a trivet either.
    simonhead wrote:
    We are sailing, we are sailing...........

Dunno, are we?

seanoconn
  • guinea
    I know this one as I used to make things that you make with things this thing makes for a summer job.
  • arran77
    guinea wrote:
    I know this one as I used to make things that you make with things this thing makes for a summer job.

:? :lol:

It would appear that there are a couple of uses for this item.

The one that I think guinea is alluding to is not the use I was aware of :wink:

seanoconn
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Everybody is getting too clever by half. Knowing what things are... Not saying etc...
    I don't know what it is - an underpants weight for sailors :shock:
  • team47b
    The spirit of mr P said...

Is it for trimming sheep hoofs
  • arran77
    Nothing to do with sailors pants or sheep :lol:

seanoconn
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Some sort of threading something or other?
    tick - tick - tick
  • I was thinking it was a rope thimble. I used to splice rope for towing and a friend who had been a sailor recommended those for protecting tight loops, however looking at the three holes in the top I'm wondering if it is an old design to do with abseiling.
  • arran77
    Tyred&weary is getting closer with some of what he says :wink:

seanoconn
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I was going to suggest knitting of some sort. Knitting a hammock?
  • arran77
    coriordan wrote:
    I was going to suggest knitting of some sort. Knitting a hammock?

Getting colder.

seanoconn
  • team47b
    I was thinking it was a rope thimble. I used to splice rope for towing and a friend who had been a sailor recommended those for protecting tight loops, however looking at the three holes in the top I'm wondering if it is an old design to do with abseiling.

Did you mean a piton?
  • team47b wrote:
    Did you mean a piton?
    Not knowingly. It just looked like it might be designed for something like that.
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    Did you mean a piton?
    Not knowingly. It just looked like it might be designed for something like that.

Not a piton but you were close with some of what you said yesterday.

seanoconn
  • natrix
    Tight loops were mentioned, is it a device for making holes in ladies tights??????

Or maybe it is for twisting strands in order to make rope??
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    It's a hand guide used for rope making.

You'd start off with three bundles of threads attached to a hook at one end. They are all pulled tight and the hooks rotate to twist them together.

Each of the three lots of twisted thread goes through one of the three notches on the hand guide. As they pass through they are twisted all together to make rope.
  • natrix
    Assuming that I've won, what is this? An exact description is required i.e. tell me what has gone wrong...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    On my screen it's about the size of a postage stamp so can't really see it. Any idea on how to enlarge?
  • arran77
    natrix wrote:
    Assuming that I've won, what is this? An exact description is required i.e. tell me what has gone wrong...

Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups :wink:

I'm going to let Tyred&weary have this as he was closest.

As I said it does appear to have a couple of uses, lots of people suggested rope making which is one use but the one I had it down for was as an aid to climbing using single rope technique so Tyred&weary saying abseiling will do for me.

Over to you Tyred&weary :D

seanoconn