Women's Tour *spoiler*

1235»

Comments

• larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    larkim wrote:
    Just saw that... no idea why they felt having a car literally in the middle of the bunch on a road like that was a good idea :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Is this the Pooley photo? Can't get onto emails at the moment.

The others ones are different.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mikenetic
    mikenetic Posts: 486
    mikenetic wrote:
    I think it's been a fantastic event. Went to the stage on Saturday for the depart and the finish.

Crowds were excellent & the media coverage has been substantial. Hopefully it will be the start of a virtuous circle of increased sponsor interest and a consequently bigger event.

I agree with all of this.
    The only thing lacking was variety.
    Variety of parcour, variety of racing and variety
    of winners.
    Hopefully, the former can be addressed in future editions.

I did wonder about that, but I suspect they set a course that wouldn't shatter the peleton all over the road, keeping the result in doubt as long as possible, and to keep the entertainment value up.

The amount of attacking on the last day was great. Looked like Vos pretty much burnt her whole team to cover the early moves, and then had to follow pretty much every move over the last 20km.

I hope next year they can move it around the UK a bit more, would be good to have some sort of Queen stage with terrain that can really force a selection.

But, I can see why they did what they did this year. Keep it tight and tidy, prove it works, then push on. They'll need a better driver for the race director's car, though :)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Hmm. I wonder how that affects her season jersey. I wonder how bad it is and whether she should continue - after all these stages are very short and this season jersey is a good one.
    Still, it avoided having to attend Trott's leaving do.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    adr82 wrote:
    larkim wrote:
    Just saw that... no idea why they felt having a car literally in the middle of the bunch on a road like that was a good idea :shock:

It's still in the neutralised section, there shouldn't be any riders in front of the car whilst the checkered flag (which you can see hanging out of the passenger's window) is being displayed.