Basingstoke is officially a shite hole

Comments

• florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    matthew h wrote:

;)

Born in Manchester now live down south in Shropshire ;)

thought you were north of Wenlock Edge, that's not down south in Shropshire.

see you at the Shropshire Hills 100 in July?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    florerider wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

;)

Born in Manchester now live down south in Shropshire ;)

thought you were north of Wenlock Edge, that's not down south in Shropshire.

see you at the Shropshire Hills 100 in July?

Down south compared to Manchester! Def north of wenlock edge, I'm not entered in for the hills but doing the Shropshire highland challenge
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    SecretSam wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll play the Ace of Spades here - Middlesbrough. Basingstoke - wannabe sh1thole :)

Pfft. I raise you: Immingham. It makes Grimsby seem nice.
    Hmmm - you obviously haven't been to the Brambles Farm estate in the Boro. South Bronx is for pussies...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Born in Verona, brought up in Wimbledon now living in Kingston. I guess I'm pretty lucky not to have lived any shitholes. Perhaps working in Hanworth is a way of redressing the balance.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll play the Ace of Spades here - Middlesbrough. Basingstoke - wannabe sh1thole :)

Hmmm - you obviously haven't been to the Brambles Farm estate in the Boro. South Bronx is for pussies...

I've just googled it. It looks like the better side of Alsager. Alsager also maintains the higher percentile of resident fuktards.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Born in Verona, brought up in Wimbledon now living in Kingston. I guess I'm pretty lucky not to have lived any shitholes. Perhaps working in Hanworth is a way of redressing the balance.
    Cool, Montague or Capulet?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm sure it's truly lovely, but all cities have horrible bits - I'm from Bristol which has a few tasty areas. But Immingham as a whole is a hole (geddit!?!?!!?)

Anyway, my Gran came from 'Boro' and my lot have played some marvellous matches against them so I simply can't dismiss the whole place.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Stevo_666
    SecretSam wrote:
    Anyway, my Gran came from 'Boro' and my lot have played some marvellous matches against them so I simply can't dismiss the whole place.
    Never been to Immingham so can't compare, but apart from the Riverside Stadium, what nice bits of Middlesbrough are you talking about? 'Cos i'd like to know about them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    However bad morecambe is as a town, and it is bad, no it's worse than bad, if you cycle along the prom from the midland hotel towards Bolton le sands (AND ONLY EVER LOOK LEFT), it is a truely beautiful ride .
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Am currently in Basingstoke, in a serviced office in the middle of an industrial estate. Its not great.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    ...but at least you are in the nice bit :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    ...but at least you are in the nice bit :D

I'm not sure such a thing exists :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I use to work there, and the industrial estates were definitely a lot nicer than the town, but that was about the same time you were born Arran, so I guess a lot has changed in the last 37 years :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • simonhead
    Software training with my colleagues, so far all the daft questions from the ginge.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Never been to Immingham so can't compare, but apart from the Riverside Stadium, what nice bits of Middlesbrough are you talking about? 'Cos i'd like to know about them :)

The more places I visit of comparable size and history to Boro (Old Steel or Mill towns) I think it's fair to say Boro is doing pretty well. Not the greatest place in the World granted, but everyone I know who's visited has loved the town and the people.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Matthewfalle
    It was reported in the The Times a while ago at the residents of Alsager feel that Saville, Hall and Harris are perfect examples of their kind of person and that they are trying to organise a campaign to clear their names.

I say "trying to" because a) they are all such a bunch of fuktards that none of them can write very well and b) they are having trouble finding the time to organise the campaign because they are all paedo'ing or dogging. As in shagging canines, not watching people get shagged.

I reckon that Hamas and Israel should stop bombing each other and just take it out on Alsager. No one would really care once its wiped off the map and Stevo and his mates could use the ruins as a cross country course to ride their bikes around really slowly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

The more places I visit of comparable size and history to Boro (Old Steel or Mill towns) I think it's fair to say Boro is doing pretty well. Not the greatest place in the World granted, but everyone I know who's visited has loved the town and the people.
    Note smiley :)

Maybe you've never been to the Bongo club? And the train from Darlo to my parents place in Redcar is a study in industrial dereliction for a good part of the journey. But true, I spent about 20 years of my life round that end of the world and it isn't all bad :wink:
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Note smiley :)

Maybe you've never been to the Bongo club? And the train from Darlo to my parents place in Redcar is a study in industrial dereliction for a good part of the journey. But true, I spent about 20 years of my life round that end of the world and it isn't all bad :wink:

I've only been to the Bongo once, well, stood in the queue, till my mate got offered out for no good reason. Decided to head back to town. My girlfriend lives in Saltburn so get the train over regularly. I love the journey through the British Steel site, past the old Dorman Long blast furnace and the Coke Ovens, but I'm a bit of a fan of the industry.

Redcar is a grim place however. I feel out of place on the highstreet because I seem to be the only person who isn't walking around with a gammy leg.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Redcar is a grim place however. I feel out of place on the highstreet because I seem to be the only person who isn't walking around with a gammy leg.
    :lol:

When I go back I feel like the richest man in town - and I probably am if you ignore Roy Chubby Brown...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Corby has to be the worst town in England surely? It's so bad all the jocks moved there to be reminded of home.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pross wrote:
    Corby has to be the worst town in England surely? It's so bad all the jocks moved there to be reminded of home.

No, sorry, it's still Alsager. They were going to turn it into a sewage holding vat (ie build a big wall around it and fill it with shittt and wee wee before treatment and onward disposal) but then they realised it would make the town look and smell nicer than it currently is and so would have trouble moving the resident paeds on.

They also built a bomb factory on the outskirts in the hope that Mad Adolf would bomb it and therefore get rid of the town that way but Mad A felt that it was worse for British morale to have Alsager still standing and the local paeds a' paeding.

Horrific psychopathic figure he is, seems that Mad Adolf has had the last laugh (and by this statement am I in no way condoning Nazism or Mad A in any way, although it does seem that I may have inadvertently bought Godwins' into play).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Still sounds like Utopia in comparison to Corby.

If Northamptonshire is the Rose of the Shires then Corby is the steaming pile of manure (except that would imply it has a place in helping it grow which it doesn't). It is like someone modelled it on Newport but felt Newport was too posh so roughened it up a bit.
  • simonhead
    In Basingstoke again. Great.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nathancom wrote:

There's enough pricks in Basingstoke as it is :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    No one has mentioned Hinckley, Leicester, Luton or Dudley.

Of course all the comparisons to Basingstoke have been English.

Here is a more comprehensive list:

1. Wishaw
    2. Cumbernauld
    3. East Kilbride
    4. Maybole
    5. Girvan
    6. Stranraer
    14. Alsager
    15. Crewe
    16. Basingstoke
    17. Stoke
    18. Middlesbrough

Fill in the blanks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • simonhead
    Getting my ticket on the train yesterday it kepst suggesting that i may want to go to Basildon........just as bad
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    matthew h wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bet its not as gash as Alsager.

I thought I was working class until I went to Alsager. :wink:

And yet that's the upper class area for the Crewe & stoke residents

Like F Uck it is :evil:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    JGSI wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bet its not as gash as Alsager.

I thought I was working class until I went to Alsager. :wink:

And yet that's the upper class area for the Crewe & stoke residents

Like F Uck it is :evil:

I can tell you are a big fan
  • Matthewfalle
    I have it good authority from a friend based at H that ISIS/ISIL were planning to take over a town in England as a terrorist act to show people that nowhere was safe and had actually considered Alsager as a possible target (for some reason).

This idea was shelved one they realised that no one would care and, if they did, would probably be glad that someone was wiping the highest concentration of rapists and paedos in the known universe.

They also realised that as the place looked worse than Aleppo that even by bombing it they couldn't make it any worse.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.