Basingstoke is officially a shite hole

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
Google maps has at last acknowledged what anyone who knows the place has known for years, Basingstoke is a sh*t hole......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27252841

:lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bet its not as gash as Alsager.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    nothing to see here.....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

I thought I was working class until I went to Alsager. :wink:
  • arran77
    nothing to see here.....

Yes, quite literally, best to avoid the place at all costs :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Ballysmate wrote:

I thought I was working class until I went to Alsager. :wink:

And yet that's the upper class area for the Crewe & stoke residents
  • arran77
    Stoke, now there's a shite hole :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:

No charity shops there as it's where they deliver to, not collect
  • arran77
    Those charity bins you get in car parks are like drive through clothes shops for stokies......well they would be if stokies actually owned cars.

seanoconn
  • matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

No charity shops there as it's where they deliver to, not collect

:lol:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I love reading these posts. For decades I have been brain washed by the media into thinking that every where north of Stoke ,including by birth place Manchester, was part of the deprived inferior "north". The more I learn about the "south" the more I believe what I have always thought is correct. The north, especially west of the Pennines. is where the real quality of life in the UK exists.
  • tlw1
    lesfirth wrote:
    I love reading these posts. For decades I have been brain washed by the media into thinking that every where north of Stoke ,including by birth place Manchester, was part of the deprived inferior "north". The more I learn about the "south" the more I believe what I have always thought is correct. The north, especially west of the Pennines. is where the real quality of life in the UK exists.

Sshhhhhhh don't tell everyone
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Basingstoke is thinking of re branding a bit like St Anus has, now becoming Staines on thames.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Morecambe, the west end area was twinned with Beirut :lol:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    matthew h wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

But you live in the Midlands :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

I thought he was from Stoke :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Maybe, but that's still the bleedin' Midlands :) It has it's uses though, as we need somewhere to put the motorways linking the (real) North to the South.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    The word Shithole was born straight from High Wycombe.

Never known a place like it,I will curse it everyday until someone has the good sense to move the office.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Maybe, but that's still the bleedin' Midlands :) It has it's uses though, as we need somewhere to put the motorways linking the (real) North to the South.

If you think of all the bogs that have been made over the years in stoke you've probably sat on one when on the throne, quite apt really that they're from Stoke and you sit there dropping your guts :wink:

seanoconn
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Morecambe, the west end area was twinned with Beirut :lol:

I drove through there and it looks like the ideal holiday destination :shock:
  • ballysmate
    Kajjal wrote:

Are you Terry Waite?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Where's Cleat when you need him?

Staffordshire lad exiled in Hampshire for now. The Council plan is to build over the fuc*ing lot.

Missus ain't gonna move north ( her's from Stoke ain't anner goin back :wink: ).

So brushing up on the "parley voo fransay" if you know what I mean
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • ballysmate

Staffordshire lad exiled in Hampshire for now. The Council plan is to build over the fuc*ing lot.

Missus ain't gonna move north ( her's from Stoke ain't anner goin back :wink: ).

Does she still call everyone "Duck"?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Ballysmate wrote:

Does she still call everyone "Duck"?
    No she dunna. Shame in a way cos I love a bit of Stokie, me.

People from Hampshire are practically Frenchmen and speak funny.

(Ducking head now - I loves it really :o )
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:

Are you Terry Waite?

Luckily I made the choice not to stop or get out of the car.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

;)

Born in Manchester now live down south in Shropshire ;)
  • arran77
    Staffordshire lad exiled in Hampshire for now.

Life turned out pretty sweet for you then didn't it :)

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    I too am from Staffs and live in a shitehole, but I have to say I am as happy as a pig in... er... well, shite, really. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    According to some, Alsager isn't very nice.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=alsager&fid%5B%5D=30005
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    I'll play the Ace of Spades here - Middlesbrough. Basingstoke - wannabe sh1thole :)
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll play the Ace of Spades here - Middlesbrough. Basingstoke - wannabe sh1thole :)

Pfft. I raise you: Immingham. It makes Grimsby seem nice.

It's just a hill. Get over it.