If money were no object - What car ?

124»

Comments

• debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    bg13 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Still no idea how to do the picture thing, but this is the one for me! http://www.eaglegb.com/pages/eagle-low-drag-gt

This is certainly lovely and fast and full of prerequisite testosterone substitute, but is it really the most desirable?

It is a re-worked, re-engineered mock E-Type with more grunt and better running gear.

I am in the minority in thinking that no E-Type re-hash quite captures the essence of the original and that no production model had the exquisite economy of line of the Series 1 FHC.

The drophead is not quite such a happy-looking creature and the later 2+2 was approaching ugly. The Eagle just seems clever to me, not really very wantable or covetable.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I drove a Series 1 E type back from Le Mans once. Looked fabulous, great engine and sound but what a dreadful car to drive. Steering, brakes, gearbox, headlights and just about everything else were awful. A Series 1.5 was a better car to drive and still looked right.
    How strange that nobody chose this as their dream car:
    fluffykillerwhale6.jpg
    Apparently one was outside work last week. Hopefully the only one.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Agent57 wrote:
    Karmann Ghia

vw-karmann-ghia.jpg

Or a split camper.

split+screen+camper+1963.jpg

I would agree with you about the Karmann Ghia, but the roof on that bus :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • peteone
    peteone Posts: 152
    2273_1.jpg
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny