Why I always wear one

124»

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    arran77 wrote:
    Hey Pina, any chance you can give me a quick resume of the salient points of this thread so I can get involved without reading all the previous pages?

Mikey summed it up really except neglecting the bit about another famous thread about lids which went a bit silly too (funny that). So we're all a bit fed up of the whole helmet malarkey. But hey, same old sh1t chucked at the fan and as they say, when the sh1t hits the fan - duck*.

*There are exceptions though, when the word 'duck' is shouted out here, many people pop their heads up.
    It's great, I love it.

When they pop their heads up are they wearing helmets and are they tweed?

I thought about getting a tweed helmet for when I ride in the countryside, you've got to blend in you know, I'm also trying to source a pair of plus fours with a padded insert.

...and a reinforced bowler hat for the city, a titanium lined Trilby for the suburbs. This could catch on. How British, how quaint? Why not a tea rack for the front of your bike with wicker paniers for Tiffin?

Jeeves rides ahead with the tea and finds a suitable spot for me to stop for tiffin :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • bluefinch
    bluefinch Posts: 20
    Your bowler won't need reinforcing, it was specifically designed as personal protective equipment for gamekeepers when riding and when fighting poachers, as a stronger and more secure alternative to the top hat. They are at least as robust as cycle helmets.
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    What's wrong with a nice looking ' Headscarf'
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Doris Day wrote:
    What's wrong with a nice looking ' Headscarf'

...and glass goggles, leather gloves...Contact Ginger, tally ho.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Aah, my favourite book, Biggles flies undone...
  • cyd190468 wrote:
    including penetrative tests which is where many helmets fail.

Can we make this a sticky.....? :shock:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    cyd190468 wrote:

No-one agrees about his one so lets keep it unsticked. As Bruce Willis said in Pulp Fiction, "The threads dead babe, the threads dead".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cyd190468 wrote:

No-one agrees about his one so lets keep it unsticked. As Bruce Willis said in Pulp Fiction, "The threads dead babe, the threads dead".

Oh dear. Double-entendre fail..... :shock:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Oh, I get it, ha ha