mooro Posts: 483
    Mooro wrote:
    Never trust a woman with a wine glass in hand

Is that related to this race? :lol:

The bird who took pop down

Oh, ok. All i saw was the red coat
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    They are looking great aren't they. Wonder when Guilletom van Kiersboonen will finish his shift to ease the confusion.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Has anyone seen Degenkolb?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,537
    Songezo Jim still hanging on :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Pross wrote:
    Wiggins doing a decent bit of work towing the second group back up (for future reference when the 'Wiggins is a joke' comments start).

I'll get my chance ... Seeing as you had to do the inevitable and mention it ... Rock for your own back and all that ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Gallopin the latest to practice his dismount. Wiggins doing a decent bit of work towing the second group back up (for future reference when the 'Wiggins is a joke' comments start).
    He is the engine room today, pulling well. We seem to have motived Bradley today, who I much prefer to can't be ar$ed Bradley we have seen a bit of recently

Yeah but you know someone will tune in for the last 50km, not see him and decide he pottered around having a laugh and joke before going back to the hotel early. For regular viewers of pro cycling I'm amazed how some on here still don't know how it works.
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    "Paris-Roubaix is the one where you can... have a lot of difficult when you go to... do your pee."

Kelly is a poet.
  • EKIMIKE
    The pile-up's seem to have left some favourites poorly positioned for the moment.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Pross wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Gallopin the latest to practice his dismount. Wiggins doing a decent bit of work towing the second group back up (for future reference when the 'Wiggins is a joke' comments start).
    He is the engine room today, pulling well. We seem to have motived Bradley today, who I much prefer to can't be ar$ed Bradley we have seen a bit of recently

Yeah but you know someone will tune in for the last 50km, not see him and decide he pottered around having a laugh and joke before going back to the hotel early. For regular viewers of pro cycling I'm amazed how some on here still don't know how it works.
    True. I think people are used to seeing him try and win and it's just a bit weird seeing him be a domestique
  • EKIMIKE
    As far as Kirby is concerned, every MTN rider is Devolder :roll:
  • Paul 8v
    Songezo Jim still hanging on :-)
    Go Jim! At the tour of Britain he was chatting up all the podium girls, and he signed my program so I always root for him. :mrgreen:
  • Crankbrother
    If Wiggins is going to get praise for being a vastly overpaid Gregario, please treat him as such and ignore his presence in the race ... Some random dude at FdJ isn't getting praise for giving a wheel, is he?
  • Paul 8v
    "Maaaakkiiing the calceeeelllleeeshhhuuunnn" Down your Belgian beer people.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,537
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    As far as Kirby is concerned, every MTN rider is Devolder :roll:

How does he manage that? MTN Qhubeka have one of the most distinctive kits in the peloton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Rowe going well again, seems to like the cobbles.
  • Pross
    Emilia Fox on an ad break to make the day even better.
  • Paul 8v
    Pross wrote:
    Missed that one, was preparing my Frites and mayonnaise :-)
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Paul 8v wrote:
    "Maaaakkiiing the calceeeelllleeeshhhuuunnn" Down your Belgian beer people.

Achel Brune for me. Yum.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Backstedt now stating that Fabu could beat Boonen in a sprint....
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • EKIMIKE
    Pross wrote:

A bit like Pozzato - not quite as good anymore (still would... this is where the Pippo comparison ends).
  • Paul 8v
    If Wiggins is going to get praise for being a vastly overpaid Gregario, please treat him as such and ignore his presence in the race ... Some random dude at FdJ isn't getting praise for giving a wheel, is he?
    So we can praise OPQS domestique s but not Sky's? Sorry I had not read the brief :)
  • Pross
    As someone who has only managed to get back in a race twice after losing the wheels I always admire the ease with which pros can drop out for a 'comfort break' or to get a bottle and get back on!
  • EKIMIKE
    Crazy Belgian hanging out of dorma window. Yes!
  • Pross
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Pross wrote:

A bit like Pozzato - not quite as good anymore (still would... this is where the Pippo comparison ends).

I think I'm a bit older than you, she probably say I'm passed my best too.
  • Crankbrother
    Paul 8v wrote:
    So we can praise OPQS domestique s but not Sky's? Sorry I had not read the brief :)

Just trying to nip the nonsense in the bud ... If they're at the sharp end when the proper racing starts then feel free to blabber on about SKY ... Until then lets just enjoy the racing and hopefully the spoiler thread ...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Pross wrote:
    Rasch down, punctures galore. Considering it's so dry it seems even worse than usual.
    It was wet at the beginning and that probably contributed to the crashes before the race became shown live, e.g. the wet road here - I think it is the crash with Thomas and Vanmarcke, after they’d been on the road about 1-15/1-30.

13665449563_2047351768.jpg
  • Pross
    Why does the OPQS DS give instructions in English?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Pross wrote:
    Why does the OPQS DS give instructions in English?

It's a Bikeradar requirement.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pross
    knedlicky wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Rasch down, punctures galore. Considering it's so dry it seems even worse than usual.
    It was wet at the beginning and that probably contributed to the crashes before the race became shown live, e.g. the wet road here - I think it is the crash with Thomas and Vanmarcke, after they’d been on the road about 1-15/1-30.

13665449563_2047351768.jpg

Yep, but I've seen at least half a dozen crashes and countless punctures since going live. Maybe the punctures are due to the rain washing debris onto the road.
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    I think Kirby is doing a bit better today. He seems to be a bit more serious.