Paris Roubaix 2014

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    I will be at Wembley while this race is on, I have a decision to make.

Think I will record it and watch it later on as live, but not sure if I can wait

My wembley visit is better timed. It's Saturday.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    iphone and headphones ;0
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Where online can I view the race before Eurosport comes on?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    I think Eurosport is on live from the very beginning of the transmission.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    ThomThom wrote:
    I think Eurosport is on live from the very beginning of the transmission.

12:15 the program is supposed to start on my VM TV guide, think the race is longer than 3 hours.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited April 2014
    Eurosport is on 12-16 here (13-17 cet) just like the other channels that air it here.

I'm pretty sure Eurosport is live as soon as it's possible.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Me and the gf make a day of it.

We get chips and tonnes of mayo and a few nice beers and watch it together.

Mayo? Or fritessaus? Mayo's just not the same is it?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Yuk, fritessaus is horrible Dutch stuff; give me good slightly sour Flemish mayonnaise (with lemon?) anytime
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

Well i feel all pathetic, lonely and single now... :(

;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    BktmZIyCUAAnEgH.jpg
    Bkwvb5WIcAA9E-4.jpg
  • ddraver
    PBo wrote:

Mayo? Or fritessaus? Mayo's just not the same is it?

Yes! Yes it is!* no Dutchie could tell me the difference so yes it is! Same with the whole Shatje mag ik je foto/chair lifting thingum!

*excpet the one from Burger King which is just weird!!
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:

Well i feel all pathetic, lonely and single now... :(

;)

Get yerself to one of the cafes, loon. Even think about stretching your legs on the bike and ride out to GIRO in Esher - I watched the last 3 hours of RVV there last week, and its a good spot.
  • ddraver
    Is it? Cos that's quite close....

The trouble i have is finding somewhere that ll be good. I suspect that the Rapha Club may not actually be that fun...
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    Is it? Cos that's quite close....

The trouble i have is finding somewhere that ll be good. I suspect that the Rapha Club may not actually be that fun...

Friendly atmosphere, lots of cyclists, but also some non-cyclists. Not at all precious. Decent grub and good coffee.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Anyone know anywhere in East Surrey likely to be showing it? I'm racing in Bletchingley, likely to be done by 2pm which probably won't leave me enough time to get home and watch the finish.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ICONS - Hell of the North

Magnus Bäckstedt had the ride of his life a decade ago. In this intimate vignette, we look into how the 2004 edition of Paris-Roubaix played out.

The 'Hell of the North' is one of cycling's oldest races. It is known for its many 'cobbled sectors' and its iconic finish in the Roubaix Velodrome.

The new ICON web series from BikeRadar aims to get under the skin of cycling culture with the people that where there and made the sport and culture of cycling what it is today.
    -Bikeradar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dum8ar8iyw
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Chava's out of P-R with bronchities, according to IAM
  • frenchfighter
    In case it hasnt been posted.
    Pave Power
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/t ... wer-119743
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Quite liked this one:

UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 22 hrs
    Don't confuse the Hell of the North pâté with the Ardennes pâté next week. That's altogether smoother stuff and easier on the cyclists
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Can't believe this is clashing with Liv-ManC
    exercise.png
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    TheStone wrote:
    Can't believe this is clashing with Liv-ManC

To be fair no-one would have expected that match to be of any significance when PR announced the date
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    You have got to respect Wiggins for racing PR and racing to place highly as well. I am really excited about the prospect and think he will do better than expected if he doesnt crash or have a mechanical.

Worth reading his comments on Cnews article. Very bullish. Said he can take risks (he wasnt joking) and that he was on fire at Flanders but suffered with his positioning.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Anywhere in london showing it live - apart from LMNH's? Long shot but do you think it will be on at the Handmade Bike Show at the the London Velodrome?
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Went with GvA each way last week (44/1), fancying a similar bet on Wiggo for this one.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    I watched the first half of RVV live whilst checking out the web, and the comments here which was ace. The second half after watching the young'un play football and you do miss a few things not being able catch up on updates, get views on events etc. Can't wait for this Sunday!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    You have got to respect Wiggins for racing PR and racing to place highly as well. I am really excited about the prospect and think he will do better than expected if he doesnt crash or have a mechanical.

Worth reading his comments on Cnews article. Very bullish. Said he can take risks (he wasnt joking) and that he was on fire at Flanders but suffered with his positioning.
    Agreed. The Wiggo element does add a bit of something and I'm looking forward to it.

PR though - such a lottery. It is as likely to see Wiggo having a serious dig for the win as it is seeing him 5 mins off the front with a bike in pieces!

Either way hopefully this Sunday will be another cracker.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Mooro wrote:
    I watched the first half of RVV live whilst checking out the web, and the comments here which was ace. The second half after watching the young'un play football and you do miss a few things not being able catch up on updates, get views on events etc. Can't wait for this Sunday!

If it wasn't for the gigantosaurus TV and the colour saturation, I'd swear that was a scene from the 1950's ...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    3 classic editions of P-R with nice long highlights: 81 (Hinault), 87 (Vanderaerden) and 09 (Boonen) http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... ngramberen
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I will be at Wembley while this race is on, I have a decision to make.

Think I will record it and watch it later on as live, but not sure if I can wait

Me too - come on you Red & White Wizards!!!

When we get back everyone wants to watch the Masters golf and I want to watch Paris-Roubaix. It's my TV, so I'm setting the rules.

Hopefully.