Those Wacky Gumball Rally Types

1235»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Finally just watched this vid. Looks like a simple fail to give way to me.

Just watched as well and I agree although I would have thought that Lambo should have stopped on a sixpence with brakes like that. Scary how the Lambo gets lifted off the road, shows how light these cars are these days.

I do like the Ferrari shooting brake pictured above. Looks like it has sensible boot space.

I doubt he even had a chance to get his foot on the brake, 1 second from the time the car started to pull out until the impact. I believe average reaction times for braking are around 1.5 seconds and then even with the best brakes in the world physics still plays a part and a mass of 1,700 kg (allowing for occupants) travelling at 50kph can't stop instantly.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It often amazes me at just how good a driver they think they are yet when on a track they fall to pieces.
    There is no luck or chance that certain people excel in racing, you can't learn it, it is just their.
    Perception, quick mental processing and ultra sharp reactions.

In this instance I would also think it impossible for a good race driver to have stopped in time. The driver wasn't at fault at the time of impact and immediately leading up to it.
    Living MY dream.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    VTech wrote:
    It often amazes me at just how good a driver they think they are yet when on a track they fall to pieces.
    There is no luck or chance that certain people excel in racing, you can't learn it, it is just their.
    Perception, quick mental processing and ultra sharp reactions.

In this instance I would also think it impossible for a good race driver to have stopped in time. The driver wasn't at fault at the time of impact and immediately leading up to it.

I used to regularly surprise badly driven very quick cars in my 115bhp MX5. it was very easy to drive at 10/10ths. As a sweeping generalisation, Evo's often found themselves testing the 4wd in a gravel trap trying to follow me.

HOWEVER, I used to have a Vx220, and my reactions weren't good enough to keep it on the black stuff. First time I knew something had gone wrong was when I was hurtling backwards on grass/in gravel.

I did once see Mike Wilds (a veteran driver) overtake just about everything on track in a Scirocco TDi. Most improssive.
    Insert bike here:
  • VTech
    I have raced Darryl Wilson at silverstone with me in a 458 and him in a 1.9d VW beetle (tuned) and he takes every lap.
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    tumblr_mwmx3ioRyn1t1t1tvo1_500.jpg

Bikes and cars, so I thought why not
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sa0u823e wrote:
    tumblr_mwmx3ioRyn1t1t1tvo1_500.jpg

Bikes and cars, so I thought why not

What bike rack is that?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • VTech

Im with you, what a stupid cyclist, bloke is an idiot by the looks of it.
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081

What bike rack is that?

Think it is just a single bar and a luggage rack. I suppose the car should become an alpha for true romance
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy