Those Wacky Gumball Rally Types

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I explained that fully earlier.
    The fact is that with money, they can buy a higher value car. Trying to suggest that someone with the means to buy a super car isn't a petrol head is daft, very daft. Yes it may well be the case at times but not by definition !
    The love of cars in the middle east is second to none, if any forum members have been they will surely back that up. I go every six weeks or so and it has never changed.
    Living MY dream.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    VTech wrote:
    The fact is that with money, they can buy a higher value car. Trying to suggest that someone with the means to buy a super car isn't a petrol head is daft, very daft. Yes it may well be the case at times but not by definition !
    The love of cars in the middle east is second to none, if any forum members have been they will surely back that up. I go every six weeks or so and it has never changed.

Ok... so they are also all interior decorators at heart, they're not showing off by painting everything in gold leaf, they just love decorating.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

Ok... so they are also all interior decorators at heart, they're not showing off by painting everything in gold leaf, they just love decorating.

Expressionism.
    Kids do this with adding a carbon wrap to their bonnet or roof whereas someone with a little more cash can wrap or paint the car in gold. I don't understand your point ?
    Living MY dream.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I'll put it another way

They have the best housing, the best assets, the best everything pretty much - fair enough on them spending their money on the best.

But the fact they have the best supercars is just a coincidence because really, they just love cars in general????
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    V-Tech: what could you do with a Panda? Serious question. Essentially I see it as an ironic better take on an Abarth.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    I'll put it another way

They have the best housing, the best assets, the best everything pretty much - fair enough on them spending their money on the best.

But the fact they have the best supercars is just a coincidence because really, they just love cars in general????

No, only the ones who love cars are the petrol heads.
    I have clients who buy airliners because jet is no longer an option to suit their needs. thats extravagant but its all relative. Normally it takes an interest to start an obsession and that is helped to a greater level if funds permit.

as for the panda, its nice as it is.
    Living MY dream.
  • Matthewfalle
    Cool - thank you. Any suggestions re the radio and speakers inside?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    Cool - thank you. Any suggestions re the radio and speakers inside?

I think they are nice as they are.
    Living MY dream.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    That Ferrari is something else !!

I like.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • VTech
    That Ferrari is something else !!

I like.

I think the white theme suits them, I've always preferred red until I started working not he white.

7410ba000183576a2b630ad430b81471.jpg
    ferrari-ff-oakley-h2.jpg
    76.jpg

But I've also been tempted by the white lambs we have done;

2436094551317274921.jpg
    vorsteiner-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera-01.jpg

And for the new Lamborghini Huracan;

19239481191685112631.jpg
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Whether the driver of the Lambo was racing someone else or not, he was driving like a tw4t. There's another video kicking around of the Lambo driving away from traffic lights at a stupid pace, just before the accident.

Your usually great at providing evidence so any chance of posting up the video ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NqmQlbDXeP4
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • upperoilcan
    VTech wrote:

I think the white theme suits them, I've always preferred red until I started working not he white.

ferrari-ff-oakley-h2.jpg

That thing is a brute !!

And for the new Lamborghini Huracan;

19239481191685112631.jpg

This would also work for me ! :D

Although I'm strictly a manual gear box man !! Paddle shifts would for me feel like the car has no soul. ( not yet tried them tho).
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    VTech wrote:

Although I'm strictly a manual gear box man !! Paddle shifts would for me feel like the car has no soul. ( not yet tried them tho).

A bit like mechanical vs electronic shifting eh :lol:
    Insert bike here:
  • VTech
    Paddle shift is far superior. A different league.
    Living MY dream.
  • upperoilcan
    mpatts wrote:

A bit like mechanical vs electronic shifting eh :lol:

Something like that !!!! :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    The 70% of the sale value of the car to ascertain whether it is a right off or not goes out of the window with this one:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8293426 ... hits-1-97m
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    The 70% of the sale value of the car to ascertain whether it is a right off or not goes out of the window with this one:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8293426 ... hits-1-97m

That repair bill was around 30-35% of the resale value of the car.
    I know this crash personally and it was a mess but there were lots of talks about what to do and te article is wrong because Rowan requested the repair as a replacement wasn't possible.
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Much prefer this topic when it avoids the crash debate and just focuses on cars :) Now back to hunting for an old 911, mid 70's would be nice but early 00 will do for now.

Was surprised the Ferrari worked in white but it does look top
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Finally just watched this vid. Looks like a simple fail to give way to me.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • VTech
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Much prefer this topic when it avoids the crash debate and just focuses on cars :) Now back to hunting for an old 911, mid 70's would be nice but early 00 will do for now.

Was surprised the Ferrari worked in white but it does look top

When I left school I got a break working for the original Porsche GT racing team and loved them ever since.
    Ways wanted a flat nose porka and one day I'm sure I'll get one.
    The best sports cars I've ever owned have been Porsche and also the cheapest to insure, run and service too !
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Found a blog the other day which was all about people buying new ones and retro fitting them, getting that old shape back but keeping the heated seats etc. Made me wonder how they would all compare.
    Loved the look for years but fell head over heels my ex got a 996 TS for her birthday and it became a car I was sitting in, riding, driving, and ofc hearing.

Due to that love I would take the 918 over the P1 (ignoring drive etc)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • VTech
    I'm with you. I had a 996t and it was a great car. It was the first Porsche I actually owned and was a dream. Drove it from the midlands to hamburg and back averaging 29mpg ! And we were hitting speeds of 190mph on the trip.
    I sold that and got a 360F1 Spyder which was a backwards step and I regretted it immediately.
    I'm working on the latest turbos right now and they are a dream and mega quick.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    cyd190468 wrote:
    How about instead of having a long winded and pointless arguement about whether the guy was speeding, someone with video editing software do a frame by frame and measure how fast he was going. Then we'll all know. ;)

Good call and funnily enough this has already been done yesterday. I also heard that Cobra who are the oem tracking system for Lamborghini have been asked to provide a speed log of the car to prove speed although I personally didn't realise they did that. I have the same tag on both of mine (yes I know I'm vulgar) and only thought they were for theft but apparently not so hopefully the truth will out very soon.

I have my money on 27-33mph.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    cyd190468 wrote:
    Yes that would be about my estimate. When your average joe hears a Lambo or Ferrari pulling 6 or 7grand they assume it's going fast because they're not used to hearing street cars that that redline at 9 or 10. It's like when a CBR250RR takes of and hits the limiter in first. Sounds like it's doing 100ks but is actually doing 50.
    This is what they sound like when you're really being irresponsible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA0d5LRxIlw
    I would say in the OP's clip it was doing maybe half redline??

Great clip although I'm baffled how they get away with that in Belgium, we were arrested as we entered Belgium just for Having Gumball3000 stickers on the cars as we entered the country. They are super strict on these types of things.
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Finally just watched this vid. Looks like a simple fail to give way to me.

Just watched as well and I agree although I would have thought that Lambo should have stopped on a sixpence with brakes like that. Scary how the Lambo gets lifted off the road, shows how light these cars are these days.

I do like the Ferrari shooting brake pictured above. Looks like it has sensible boot space.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Just watched as well and I agree although I would have thought that Lambo should have stopped on a sixpence with brakes like that. Scary how the Lambo gets lifted off the road, shows how light these cars are these days.

Yeah - one and a half tonnes. I can juggle three of them! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm still thinking of the Panda - can I lower the suspension so it handles better but is still comfy for the wife and children?

Would a power pipe and a Dynojet kit work well as well?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mpatts
    I'm still thinking of the Panda - can I lower the suspension so it handles better but is still comfy for the wife and children?

Would a power pipe and a Dynojet kit work well as well?

The panda 100 is a great car out of the box - I wouldn't be an advocate of just lowering it to make it handle better. You'll get minimal impact from the power pipe/dynojet.
    Insert bike here:
  • Matthewfalle
    Cool - thank you.

How about the radio? I am not after "chavtastic" (to quote young people's vernacular) but I must admit a bit of Verdi played loud does break up the motorway journeys somewhat.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mpatts
    Cool - thank you.

How about the radio? I am not after "chavtastic" (to quote young people's vernacular) but I must admit a bit of Verdi played loud does break up the motorway journeys somewhat.

There are some with interscope (I think) sound, which has a sub, sounds OK.
    Insert bike here: