What is your weight and height?

Comments

• sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    200cm x 80kg
    bike which one
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • tapscrew
    tapscrew Posts: 56
    Who gives a monkeys? Just ride and enjoy, its about fun and enjoying yourself not obsessing over what anybody weighs isn't it???
  • sub55
    tapscrew wrote:
    Who gives a monkeys? Just ride and enjoy, its about fun and enjoying yourself not obsessing over what anybody weighs isn't it???

Personally I don't care if you give a monkey or not. I certainly don't get the need to respond to tell everybody about the fact that you don't give a monkey. Many things on here I don't care about but don't feel the need to tell everybody , I don't give a monkey.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I don't give a monkey about whether you give a monkey about his monkey giving. In fact I am incapable of giving a monkey about anything since I do not have any monkeys.

That's all I have to say about that.
  • sub55
    :D:D:D
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    If I had a monkey to spend, I'd put it towards another bike.

6ft and about 11st10lbs
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    170/62/295/7

I think you can work out which is which.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    55kg I have pets that weigh more than that. Go and eat some pies you skinny whippets :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    102Kg, 6ft tall, on a 8kg bike

That's where I am going wrong.... lol no wonder hills are a killer for me

believe my optimum weight is around 85-90Kg but will get there one day.
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race
  • ai_1
    Markwb79 wrote:
    170/62/295/7

Because it was easier to write that comment than add a word after each figure :roll:

So you're 5'2" weigh 295lbs and your bike weighs either 7lbs (unlikely) or 7kgs.
    Can't figure out what 170 is.
  • markwb79
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:
    170/62/295/7

Because it was easier to write that comment than add a word after each figure :roll:

So you're 5'2" weigh 295lbs and your bike weighs either 7lbs (unlikely) or 7kgs.

Thats part of the fun!

5"2 and 295lbs on a 7kg bike would make for a great advert for wheel brands I think.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:
    170/62/295/7

Thats part of the fun!

5"2 and 295lbs on a 7kg bike would make for a great advert for wheel brands I think.
    Ok I'm going with: weight 170lbs, height 6'2, FTP 295, bike 7kg
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • ai_1
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:
    170/62/295/7

Thats part of the fun!

No he didn't specify so I think he'll have to take what he's given.
    So it's:
    62" Tall = 5'2"
    Weight = 295lbs
    Bike weights = 7kgs
    FTP = 170

Once again I'd like to register my disapproval of mixing units of measure from two different systems.
    Maybe he hasn't but if he weighs 295kg or has a 7lb bike I'd be worried either way!
  • markwb79
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:
    170/62/295/7

Thats part of the fun!

No he didn't specify so I think he'll have to take what he's given.
    So it's:
    62" Tall = 5'2"
    Weight = 295lbs
    Bike weights = 7kgs
    FTP = 170

Once again I'd like to register my disapproval of mixing units of measure from two different systems.
    Maybe he hasn't but if he weighs 295kg or has a 7lb bike I'd be worried either way!

hahahaha, this is fun!

My only clue then...who said I mixed any units of measure?
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Markwb79 wrote:
    hahahaha, this is fun!

You need to get out more :wink:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Especially if he weighs 295kgs :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tapscrew
    tapscrew Posts: 56
    give a monkey, take a monkey, who gives a monkey
  • Height - was 5'10 years ago but think I've shortened slightly over the years
    Weight - haven't weighed myself for years but have lost loads over the last year as people keep telling me I have, how nice
    Bike - don't have a clue, should I?
    And as for that power thingy?????? Not the best I would have thought but better than some
  • Ringpeace
    Ringpeace Posts: 105
    “What are these stones of which you speak?

55kgs including clothes, shoes and packed lunch, two snacks and a full water bottle.

8.25kgs bike”

Hey please don't bring The Rules into it. I'm not an American boxer. I am an Englishman so I weigh myself in stones. Although perhaps I should include some kind of converter because cyclists seem to prefer lbs and Kgs!

“its a bit personal this post, what's the point behind asking everyone their weight and height? “

Not really. Asking whether you appear to have a maggot in cycling shorts would be personal. As you can tell – I have major shrinkage so no white shorts for me!

“As its in beginners, I'm just guessing its for comparative purposes.”

It is, and like my Mrs, I am a nosy bitch.

“6'2" 16.5 stone. Bike 8kg, regular club rider. Maintain speed with the light whippets. Since riding I find fitness levels rather than weight is what I aim for and training on hills is a must.”

Completely agree. I'm not a club rider but can lead a pace when out with mates that are much smaller on the flats. I expected them to be much better on climbs seeing that they are so much lighter but no.

It was surprising. I think it is fitness and experience. And I ain't even fit!
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    Oh what the heck, I joining in...

As I seem to spend my winters injured from various work related incidents & lose half a years riding, I fluctuate in weight & am currently at 70kg. I usually end up around 65kg by July/August. My height is around F5'10.

No idea about my bikes. Mostly pretty light I guess.

No idea what my FTP is!

Isn't it all about power to weight ratio anyway? Which I still don't know anyway...
  • 56/57kg, 164cm, bike is 8.5kg. No idea what my FTP is, I'd need to do a test, but putting it off. I am a girl so to be a better climber I could do with being a bit lighter, but I like wine and cheese too much.
  • Up to about six months ago I was the same height and weight as Thor Hushovd. I'm still the same height but after a winter of guzzling beer and eating starchy food I'm about Hushovd's weight if he was giving EBH a piggy-back. And suffering mightily as a result. Bike is an old knacker, about 9kg.
    And offhand I can't remember how heavy the Norwegian guy is, but on a bored afternoon in the office I worked it out from a post a fellow forumite placed on here.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • MrJoe23
    MrJoe23 Posts: 21
    diamonddog wrote:

Muscle weighs more than fat or maybe a slightly heavier frame, I wouldn't worry about it.

Explain this please? 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited March 2014
    MrJoe23 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:

Muscle weighs more than fat or maybe a slightly heavier frame, I wouldn't worry about it.

Explain this please? 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat

OK Mr Pedantic, muscle is about 18% denser then fat therefore it occupies less space than fat in the body. :roll:
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Alternatively, you could just say that muscle has more mass than fat.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    DKay wrote:

Depends how much muscle vs fat you are comparing...if you're saying muscle has more mass than fat per unit volume, then you could just say its more dense :?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    drlodge wrote:
    DKay wrote:

Depends how much muscle vs fat you are comparing...if you're saying muscle has more mass than fat per unit volume, then you could just say its more dense :?

If a substance has more mass per unit volume, then it's said to be more dense. Obviously.
  • sub55
    but it has been said that I am dense ,always thought it to be a negative , now you tell me its a positive , things must be looking up. :D
  • Ratty89
    Ratty89 Posts: 4
    5'8.5" 112lbs with a 9.5kg bike. I am a bloke btw....

Crosswinds are a serious issue.
  • 185cm
    Was 98KG in August Now 72KG
    FTP dont know but would like to
    Bike 9.5KG or whatever a standard Specialized Allzez Sport weighs