What is your weight and height?

Ringpeace
Ringpeace Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Road beginners
Either your own weight and height or them + your bikes weight and size.

I just weighed myself fully clothed with a hoody & trainers on and am 14 Stone 5 and 6'1"

I have 2 road bikes - my winter hack is 9.8 Kg and my full carbon beast is 7.9Kg.

What's yours?

It is just that the few books I have read about pro cycling - no one is more than 12 Stone - even if they are 6'4" +

Stupidly skinny!

Comments

• 6'0
    Optimally, 10st 3lb (but a few pounds over at the moment. ;))

Main bike weighs about 12kg.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    What are these stones of which you speak? :D

55kgs including clothes, shoes and packed lunch, two snacks and a full water bottle.

8.25kgs bike
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Those figures are meaningless without your FTP to go with it :D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Weight a lot
    Height a lot
    FTP 357. ( the only figure im willing to declare....I make a good girl according to the charts!)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,949
    55kg

171cm

Bike: 7kg.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Ringpeace wrote:
    Either your own weight and height or them + your bikes weight and size.

I just weighed myself fully clothed with a hoody & trainers on and am 14 Stone 5 and 6'1"

I have 2 road bikes - my winter hack is 9.8 Kg and my full carbon beast is 7.9Kg.

What's yours?

It is just that the few books I have read about pro cycling - no one is more than 12 Stone - even if they are 6'4" +

Stupidly skinny!
    Well, Chris Hoy is well over 12 stone, and powerful sprinters on the road like Griepel and Degenkolb are also over 12 stone, but to be a good climber in the mountains, I guess most of them will be well under 12 stone.

I'm 5' 8 and 11 stone (70kg) but unfortunately that doesn't make me a good climber, even on my best 8kg bike :(
  • marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    6'2" 16.5 stone. Bike 8kg, regular club rider. Maintain speed with the light whippets. Since riding I find fitness levels rather than weight is what I aim for and training on hills is a must.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    5 foot 8, 74kgs. Bike is 8.3kgs.
    I need to lose about 4 kgs, but since reading the Belgian beer thread on here im now hooked on Duvel and the weight is slowly increasing!!
    Its going to be expensive but I think my only choice is to shed weight from the bike!! Damn you belguim bottles of pure beauty!!
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    its a bit personal this post, what's the point behind asking everyone their weight and height?
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    As its in beginners, I'm just guessing its for comparative purposes.
    Does the OP really need to get to sub 12 stone....if everyone else is...that sort of question / mindset I guess.

Either that or he's thinking about skinny mamils....nah, I think its the first choice.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited March 2014
    Bike + me = 61kg ready to go. Height 1.65mt
  • hanhamreds
    hanhamreds Posts: 100
    42yo got in to cycling three months ago.

5'11

15.6lbs. And going down after 25 years of power lifting.

Was 17st 8lbs
  • BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    6'6" and 15 stone :-) dunno what my bikes weigh!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    edited March 2014
    163cm (5' 4'') and 56 - 57kg. My bike weighs 7.3kg and it's a size 48 Cayo Evo.

Looking at the height and weight of other riders who have posted, it's the first time in my life that I've considered myself to be heavy!
  • 6ft 1" and 69/70kg, wish I could put a few more kilos on though. Bike weighs around 7.6kg.
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • 5' 11"
    16st 12lb

Bikes are 8kg each
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    5' 11''
    13st
    Winter Bike 8.5kg
    Summer Bike 7.5kg
    FTP 237 (woeful)
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'm 5' 8 and 11 stone (70kg) but unfortunately that doesn't make me a good climber, even on my best 8kg bike :(

Well I'm the same as you except a stone heavier!!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • diamonddog
    DKay wrote:

Looking at the height and weight of other riders who have posted, it's the first time in my life that I've considered myself to be heavy!

Not heavy just a different build. :)
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    What is FTP?
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    FTP = Functional Threshold Power
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • DKay
    diamonddog wrote:
    DKay wrote:

Not heavy just a different build. :)

The thing is, my percentage body fat is under 10%. I must just be really dense! :/
  • diamonddog
    DKay wrote:
    The thing is, my percentage body fat is under 10%. I must just be really dense! :/

Muscle weighs more than fat or maybe a slightly heavier frame, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • DKay
    diamonddog wrote:
    DKay wrote:

Muscle weighs more than fat or maybe a slightly heavier frame, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, I know. I'm just being facetious. :)
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    6'0

I'm sorry but I feel obliged to request a consistent unit of measurement please. Stone, pounds and kilograms all recklessly piled in together; sacrilege. You do realise people can be measured in kilograms too? Metric is not reserved for bikes.
    This sort of carry on is just not right in a civilised society...... oh right, carry on.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    5ft 1"
    18 stone
    Bike is 6.1KG.

I reckon I can save another 100g on the bike with some light weight skewers and a new saddle!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,052
    Haha, and I'm allowed to say this because I'ma bit of a big guy, but 100g's... Loving the sarcasm.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ai_1 wrote:
    6'0

I'm sorry but I feel obliged to request a consistent unit of measurement please. Stone, pounds and kilograms all recklessly piled in together; sacrilege. You do realise people can be measured in kilograms too? Metric is not reserved for bikes.
    This sort of carry on is just not right in a civilised society...... oh right, carry on.

Unfortunately I'm too civilised to weigh my bike on the bathroom scales. :lol:
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Ai_1 wrote:
    6'0

Unfortunately I'm too civilised to weigh my bike on the bathroom scales. :lol:
    No need to re-weigh, just convert:
    1kg = 2.2046lb

However, if you don't mind leave the bike as is and convert your own mass to kilograms! :wink:
  • SpainSte
    SpainSte Posts: 181
    Just a shade under 6 feet 6 (198cm)
    A touch over 14 stone (89.7kg)
    My bike is a Focus Evo Cayo, a big one obviously as I'm so tall. It just weighed in at 7.2kg without bottles etc, been upgraded to Dura-Ace C24 wheels with carbon post and bars.

Amazing how quickly I piled on the weight after stopping smoking, around 9kg in just a few months which I have now started to try to bring down. 1.5kg down....several more to go!!