Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne *Spoilers*

123457»

Comments

• Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Incidentally, KBK Juniores won by James Shaw who used to ride for Forme last year.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Great ride by OPQS but the race on Eurosport was a snoozefest until 3.4km. I was doing my ironing and it was more exciting than the racing.

Did anything exciting happen before the Eurosport coverage started ?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    tom boonen ‏@tomboonen1

Deze was voor u @KristofG13
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    dsoutar wrote:
    Great ride by OPQS but the race on Eurosport was a snoozefest until 3.4km. I was doing my ironing and it was more exciting than the racing.

Did anything exciting happen before the Eurosport coverage started ?

At 50km to go it was a done deal.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    1393785391125.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ^Arse, in both senses of the word
  • frenchfighter
    I’m very happy about this victory especially if I think about yesterday’s race. Today I felt good the entire day, I was completely recovered and this was a good sign. We did our race, we controlled the other teams and then on the Oude Kwaremont we accelerated. To be honest it wasn’t something planned. Stijn Vandenbergh did a good tempo and at the top, after the false flat, we realized that we were all in the front. So we upped the pace and we went. It was still far from the finish and maybe a bit risky, but also the other teams who had to chase were tired. Fortunately we had three Belkin riders in the group and they really work hard with us. Everybody in the group worked hard to go to the finish. We all believed in this action. To me it was better to arrive in a small group instead of facing a bunch sprint, so we made the race hard. In the final I was a bit nervous because we could only lose this race with five of us in the front. In the last 20 kilometers we started to think about the sprint. I was expecting more attacks but there was a lot of wind and it wasn’t easy to attack. I have to thank the whole team. We showed once again that we are a good group. After the winter I understood that I was ok, that I was ready for a good season. I won at Tour of Qatar but of course this race in my home country has a special taste, even if it doesn’t change a lot. As usual we will check the ’the balance’ of my first part of the season after Roubaix, but of course this weekend makes me confident for the upcoming weeks.
    Boonen
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest