Vuelta ao Algarve 2014 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Contador 5th at the intermediate.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Oh No...King Kwia is 5secs faster than Malori at the intermediate!!!

GT champion with flair in the making.
    Contador is the Greatest

:D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • 14.23 for Contador. Excellent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Costa and Kwia left.

Malori
    Martin
    Contador
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Costa 14.37
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    bettiniphoto_0045910_1_full_600.jpg

Sorry...couldn't resist.
  • Kwiatkowski the winner :D

EDIT - by 11 seconds!
  • TOTAL HEAVYWEIGHT

Wow this year is amazing so far - all the real racers performing. Going to be a great season just as I thought last year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kwiatkowski now needs to work on his endurance over three weeks. He faded badly in the final week of the Tour.
  • 1. Kwiatkowski 14.03
    2. Malori+11
    3. Martin+13
    4. Contador+20
    5. Dowsett+25
    6. Barta+28
    7. Flens+29
    8. De Gendt+30
    Contador is the Greatest

he he, just clocked your avi, Frenchie :)
  • General
    1º Michal Kwiatkowski
    2º Alberto Contador +31"
    3º Rui Costa +37"
    4º Alexandre Geniez +1:00
    5º Sergei Chernetski +1:03
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Not keen on 'King Kwia' nickname, or even 'Kwia'. He's known as 'Kwiato' which is much nicer.
  • Not keen on 'King Kwia' nickname, or even 'Kwia'. He's known as 'Kwiato' which is much nicer.

It's what OPQS call him sure.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Wow this year is amazing so far - all the real racers performing. Going to be a great season just as I thought last year.

Feeling it. Marginal gains working across peloton.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • He is also called Flowerman as "Kwiat" means in Polish "flower". "Kwia" and "King Kwia" are definitely not the best nicknames I (or any Polish person) would have thought of :-D

Kwiato & Flowerman are the correct and most commonly used ones.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Yesterday discovered Birdsong, today Flowerman... this forum's great once the season starts!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    kamil1891 wrote:
    He is also called Flowerman as "Kwiat" means in Polish "flower". "Kwia" and "King Kwia" are definitely not the best nicknames I (or any Polish person) would have thought of :-D

51mDwFlOw6L._SY300_.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    tumblr_mx5a0tpYxx1t46b2uo1_1280.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.

Isn't Kwia what a Geordie calls a homosexual?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Kwiatkowski now needs to work on his endurance over three weeks. He faded badly in the final week of the Tour.

He did compared to Nairo.
  • kamil1891 wrote:
    He is also called Flowerman as "Kwiat" means in Polish "flower". "Kwia" and "King Kwia" are definitely not the best nicknames I (or any Polish person) would have thought of :-D

Kwiat means flower yes but adding the 'o' removes that sense. Kwiat in slang also means something not so nice. However Kwiato is nice...Kwiatek is also very nice and actually suits Michal (it means little flower).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Queen stage tomorrow with a great route. I reckon Kwiatek will have trouble staying with Contador...will be very impressed if he does. Contador will for sure go for broke tomorrow...should be exciting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kamil1891 wrote:

Kwiat means flower yes but adding the 'o' removes that sense. Kwiat in slang also means something not so nice. However Kwiato is nice...Kwiatek is also very nice and actually suits Michal (it means little flower).

No need here to teach me Polish, its my first language. "Kwiat" doesn't mean anything bad too :-)

And yes, kwiatek means little/nice flower and is also used as his nickname.

Kwiato is best though, the additon of "o" makes it somewhat cute in our language :-)

I admire your interest in all the foreign stuff. Keep it up :-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    kamil1891 wrote:
    No need here to teach me Polish, its my first language. "Kwiat" doesn't mean anything bad too :-)

Kwiato is best though, the additon of "o" makes it somewhat cute in our language :-)

What is it with Poles and pickled food? They'll pickle anything. I'm waiting to see a pickled Mars Bar on Clifton Street (Cardiff's Pole area)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kamil1891 wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

Haha I didnt mean it like that - I like the language and I like Poland...my wife is Polish : )

Google "Kwiat slang" - although maybe not the best idea as its not nice...I'm pretty sure its some obscure slang though.

Im happy to see a Polish rider making it rain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Haha, my generation may not understand pickling, but I think it got so common because it lasts? There were times people couldn't always buy what they wanted, so when they got in possesion of something (usually vegs) then they pickled it? :D

At home, we still like to keep jars with all different kinds of vegs (cucumbers, mushrooms, peppers).

Frenchfighter, you don't even know how happy and proud I am. We haven't got someone like that before! He just brings so much enjoyment to the sport I support. Hope it's only a beginning :-)

Regarding the slang...I'm very surprised a meaning like that has ever existed. Also, you would have to put it in a very specific context to actually upset someone. I doubt many people are acknowledged with the meaning too...I'm 22 and never came across.

PS. And actually I've "learned" something from you... :D