Vuelta ao Algarve 2014 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Slow start for Cav. 12 races in, best result is 13th. However, it also took ages for him to notch a win in 2010 and 2011.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Volta-ao-Algarve-Stage-1-1391768553.jpg

Did Cav get dropped then on that little bump of 6/7% at the end?

Maybe a few times round the roundabout :)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Cav was only 9 seconds behind so guessing that uphill finish saw the peleton splinter...

What happened to Tommy V?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    dish_dash wrote:
    Cav was only 9 seconds behind so guessing that uphill finish saw the peloton splinter...

He pulled out of Qatar with a virus I think, so he's probably not fully recovered or trained properly.

Happy days to have Modolo, Costa, Coquard, Lobato and Demare in my road.cc team :P
  • joelsim
    Cav is having a mare. Will be interesting to see if he can ever get back to the dizzy heights...

(over 20m ha ha)
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Cav was only 9 seconds behind so guessing that uphill finish saw the peloton splinter...

Tommy: After Tour Med 2nd race back after collarbone injury so still taking it easy.....could be classic Tommy speak, and he'll be off on a breakaway mission tomorrow...
  • 60kms ridden and Demare, Pichot and Senechal have 4mins advantage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • With 80ks to race the break has been caught and counter attacks are in process.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • A group of 5 went clear but were brought back shortly after. Currently we have OPQS on the front.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • A group of 5 went clear but were brought back shortly after. Currently we have OPQS on the front.

Is Cav hoping to open his account? It's a flattish finish today right?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Volta-ao-Algarve-Stage-2-1392895013.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 50ks all together, Saxo on the front.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 25ks, Tony Martin dropped for now unfortunately.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bilbao of Caja is on the attack solo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kwia attacks about 6ks out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    They over the top of the last climb yet?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    So Kwia takes it apparently
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2014
    1. Kwiakowski*
    2. Costa
    3. Contador

*ATC is going to be very happy
  • Woooo, Kwia killing it with class once again. Costa going very well. Contador easy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bg7gA-TIgAAkSKq.jpg:large

Check out 5th place.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Any bonus secs, Frenchie?
  • Crikey, OPQS again ... I know what winter training camp I'd like to be going to ...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Crikey, OPQS again ... I know what winter training camp I'd like to be going to ...

It's gotta be the black kit...
  • Any bonus secs, Frenchie?

A handful yeah. Whenever Purito and Valv are racing Contador in these Spanish races Contador is always at a disadvantage as a result.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Hoping for a Rui Costa win though like Kwiatkowski too. Flat 14km TT tomorrow - Kwiatkowski should keep his lead but Costa could be up there. Castroviejo is also only 27 secs back.
  • Bg7h8XmIYAAaJng.jpg:large
    Bg7kv21CEAAIuoQ.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • With Kwia, Contador, Quintana and a bunch of other young climbing talents I am totally sorted for this year in terms of people to root for.

Love Kwia's kit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • With Kwia, Contador, Quintana and a bunch of other young climbing talents I am totally sorted for this year in terms of people to root for.

Love Kwia's kit.

Classy - and different
  • joelsim
    With Kwia, Contador, Quintana and a bunch of other young climbing talents I am totally sorted for this year in terms of people to root for.

Love Kwia's kit.

Don't forget Froome and Porte :roll: