Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Garmin vs Sky (non-doping related)

1356711

Posts

  • RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    Froome just put two DpVAM bars solidly up

    on AX3 going

    4.5% faster than the 2008-2013 GT baseline

    and

    1.9% faster than the 2002-2007 dopers

    (based on the Scott Richards regressions

    http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/what- ... is-froome/)
    So explain to me, in your own words, what that actually means. Because if you can't do that then you can't understand the fraudulent bias of the system and are just someone who has been seduced by 'science' that tells you want you want ot hear.

    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bi ... mance.html
  • mike6mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Why did you label this thread (None doping related) when all you wanted to do was talk about Sky and your obsession with claiming they are doping? And as there was not a Sky doping thread running currently, you thought you would invent one. :roll:
  • MartinGTMartinGT Posts: 475
    Joelsim wrote:
    1. Money - it doesn't always buy success but it sure helps (c) Chelsea & Man City
    2. Brailsford
    3. New thinking & power meters (but I think they have been found out on this point)

    You forgot higher cadance.

    Oh wait on, thats was Lance's excuse :lol:
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,596
    The Truth wrote:
    That's not your own words. I want to may sure you understand it. (I could post a link to the Wikipedia page on String Theory - it doesn't mean I understand it).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    Can we just change the title of this thread to " Are sky doping? " and resume normal business. :lol:

    I blame Leinders . Froome has been just to good,

    The Mt Ventoux for instance, if you think that's a clean ride you must have sh%t in your eyes.

    Telling it like I see it.
  • You've all got a month of this hogwash to look forward too.
    He's been turfed out of his regular home.............for trolling!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • MartinGTMartinGT Posts: 475
    Hautacam is going to be very interesting this year at Le Tour.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,845
    edited February 2014
    unfortunatly how anyone sees it bears no relation to reality

    Witness how Messers Wenger or Mourinio see a challenge in the penalty box completely differently depending on whether or not it was their player that was tackled/tackling
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mike6 wrote:
    Why did you label this thread (None doping related) when all you wanted to do was talk about Sky and your obsession with claiming they are doping? And as there was not a Sky doping thread running currently, you thought you would invent one. :roll:
    I want to know how the forum experts that think sky are clean explain these things. So far the answers have been far from convincing.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,596
    You've all got a month of this hogwash to look forward too.
    He's been turfed out of his regular home.............for trolling!
    This isn't the Hog though, is it. He's a full on troll, always has been regardless of forum or topic. This new bloke is more of an easily lead fool.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,596
    The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    Froome just put two DpVAM bars solidly up

    on AX3 going

    4.5% faster than the 2008-2013 GT baseline

    and

    1.9% faster than the 2002-2007 dopers

    (based on the Scott Richards regressions

    http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/what- ... is-froome/)
    So explain to me, in your own words, what that actually means. Because if you can't do that then you can't understand the fraudulent bias of the system and are just someone who has been seduced by 'science' that tells you want you want ot hear.

    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bi ... mance.html

    Bloody hell, compared to what you write on here, that's really well written (if very debatable). That is your own words, isn't it?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,845
    Sky have more money

    Froome going 100% on the first important climb of the tour is better than Andrew Talansky or guys not trying very hard

    Seems convincing to me
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay wrote:
    Can we just change the title of this thread to " Are sky doping? " and resume normal business. :lol:

    I blame Leinders . Froome has been just to good,

    The Mt Ventoux for instance, if you think that's a clean ride you must have sh%t in your eyes.

    Telling it like I see it.

    If you disagree with me, you're wrong. Good argument.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

    @gietvangent
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,596
    The Truth wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Why did you label this thread (None doping related) when all you wanted to do was talk about Sky and your obsession with claiming they are doping? And as there was not a Sky doping thread running currently, you thought you would invent one. :roll:
    I want to know how the forum experts that think sky are clean explain these things. So far the answers have been far from convincing.

    Come on. No amount of explaining will ever be good enough. I don't even know why you're pretending to be objective.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,845
    Why have nt you answered his question about Red not being green DG?

    FACT!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    Froome just put two DpVAM bars solidly up

    on AX3 going

    4.5% faster than the 2008-2013 GT baseline

    and

    1.9% faster than the 2002-2007 dopers

    (based on the Scott Richards regressions

    http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/what- ... is-froome/)
    So explain to me, in your own words, what that actually means. Because if you can't do that then you can't understand the fraudulent bias of the system and are just someone who has been seduced by 'science' that tells you want you want ot hear.

    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bi ... mance.html

    Bloody hell, compared to what you write on here, that's really well written (if very debatable). That is your own words, isn't it?


    Even if at the end it handily points out that this theory hasn't been validated in any way shape or form and all it really tells us is that Chris Froome was much faster than all the people he beat.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

    @gietvangent
  • MartinGT wrote:
    Hautacam is going to be very interesting this year at Le Tour.

    What do you mean? Riis didn't even know about warming down or power meters. Clean riders should be able to beat his time.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,596
    The Truth wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Why did you label this thread (None doping related) when all you wanted to do was talk about Sky and your obsession with claiming they are doping? And as there was not a Sky doping thread running currently, you thought you would invent one. :roll:
    I want to know how the forum experts that think sky are clean explain these things. So far the answers have been far from convincing.
    In sport, somebody is always the best. This is as true of a sport with no doping as a sport with lots of it. Who is best is dictated by nature (genetics) and nuture (youthful experience). In a team sport the best will tend to gravitate to the team which can give them success and money - two factors which are intertwined. Success attracts money and money pays for better facilities and staff.

    Rather than asking people on this forum, go and read Moneyball by Michael Lewis and The Sports Gene by David Epstein. Then you might understand a little about sport.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,596
    The Truth wrote:
    MartinGT wrote:
    Hautacam is going to be very interesting this year at Le Tour.

    What do you mean? Riis didn't even know about warming down or power meters. Clean riders should be able to beat his time.

    No they won't. But those drugged up bastards at Sky will beat his time. Riding backwards on the big ring with their mouths closed.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    I think the FACT that Froomes times up some of the tours cols, puts him quicker than a whole bunch of dopers is quite telling.

    IMO
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,596
    rayjay wrote:
    I think the FACT that Froomes times up some of the tours cols, puts him quicker than a whole bunch of dopers is quite telling.

    IMO

    Absolutely. He's obviously off his tits.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,845
    Telling of what pray tell?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • 5 pages in 3 hours. Do any of you work.

    Once again the doping threads are so much more popular than the pro racing threads.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,596
    5 pages in 3 hours. Do any of you work.

    Once again the doping threads are so much more popular than the pro racing threads.

    That's because there's only some much you can say about the desert races, and people are sick of the same old bollocks being trotted out with so little evidence other than a pre-set agenda.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 21,845
    In fairness FF - most of us are flat out takng the p1ss adn it's 5 o clock so meh...

    (plus we had ones of those Staff birthday awkwardfest things that just blew any chance of me doing anything worthwile out of the water)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ProssPross Posts: 26,229
    FFS guys just leave the troll alone and the thread will die. The last PoS doping thread has finally been closed so a new one is being created, all that's going to happen is the same old circular arguments and this site spiralling even further down the s*itter.
  • Listen to the cows people:

    3f851e68e1ef0a7f74f7e7453b6289ba_view.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross wrote:
    FFS guys just leave the troll alone and the thread will die. The last PoS doping thread has finally been closed so a new one is being created, all that's going to happen is the same old circular arguments and this site spiralling even further down the s*itter.

    You sound angry. I just wanted to make a comparison between the two cleanest teams in the peloton.

    No one has presented any evidence that shows how sky can be so much better.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,596
    edited February 2014
    The Truth wrote:
    No one has presented any evidence that shows how sky can be so much better.
    Well I presented the evidence that Sky have about three times the budget that Garmin do - but you used your lack of understanding to refute its relevance.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    Well they have - its just that you're ignoring them.
This discussion has been closed.