Wales weekend 2014

13»

Comments

• Pretty sure I'm in :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    So where are we at? Got the time booked off work, so I guess I'm going to Wales, will there be anyone else there? :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Yeah, there's at least 10 of us booked on.

Weather permitting, Saturday, Snowdon in the morning then maybe a trail centre in the afternoon if legs are up for it.
    Sat night booked into the glen aber hotel http://hotelsinsnowdonia.com/, some in the bunkhouse, some in twin rooms, let me know if you want to jump in with 1 of us lot, as I think there may be a space in one of the bunks/rooms for the sat night.
    Then Sunday we're booked in for stiniog. I've arranged it as a group booking with Adrian, so it may be easier for you to be in the group as it were, up to you of course.

Will be good!

I'll update the first post to keep it simple for people interested.
  • Northwind
    Cheers boss! Should be great. Me and Peternumbers are coming down a few days earlier for a bit of trailcentring too so if anyone fancies joining us give us a shout. probably Llandegla ont eh wednesday, coedy beasty on the thurs, not sure of the fri.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    Want me to add you to the stiniog list?
  • Northwind
    I am literally on my way out the door to nevis range but yes please, Andrew Cunningham and Peter Douglas. We'll sort accomodation ourselves, the bunkhouse was a bit prison rapey ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    Done.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Ticket booked for Antur for the Sunday

Only 4 places left !

Sat was fully booked
  • Northwind
    Getting childishly excited!1!!oNr
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Northwind wrote:

Me too, especially as you won't be able to gloat over your super-lightweight carbon wheels....

2014-03-26075626_zps95b8606e.jpg

But will they crack and fail on the tough, hard, Welsh Mountain-side and will I be killed to death??
  • Northwind
    I like that you've offset the weight reduction with 5lbs of mudguard.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DCR00
    Northwind wrote:

have you been to Antur ?
  • Northwind
    Aye, came down for this thing last year and rode it then, tis ace.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DCR00
    I love riding there. Just wish it was closer.
  • Northwind
    Hmm. Is anyone on the lookout for antur passes? Having car problems and there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to fix it in time for the trip :( Not for definite yet but we might end up having 2 spaces we could pass on.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    Northwind wrote:
    Hmm. Is anyone on the lookout for antur passes? Having car problems and there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to fix it in time for the trip :( Not for definite yet but we might end up having 2 spaces we could pass on.

I hope your out there now fixing it!
  • Northwind
    Injector in the mail! But won't know til the weekend if this is the fix.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DCR00
    According to Facebook, the new Blue track has been opened at Antur

Called Jympar

From the pics I've seen and my last trip up there, it looks like a bit of a jump-fest
  • DodgeT
    DCR00 wrote:
    According to Facebook, the new Blue track has been opened at Antur

Called Jympar

From the pics I've seen and my last trip up there, it looks like a bit of a jump-fest

Will be good for a blast or two next weekend!
  • DCR00
    Will be my first ride in 6 weeks. In fact Antur was the last place i rode. Was planning a blast round Deggy tonight, but i have the Chicken Pox my Boy had two weeks ago, so I'm confined to the house...

On the plus side, Tracey has been stripped and rebuilt with new frame bearings and some fangled needle bearings in the rear shock, so first ride should be pretty damn good
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Due to unforseen circumstances you will now have to put up with me turning up
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Northwind
    That's me and Petenumbers out :( Feels like it's not the best idea to drive 600 odd miles in a mondingo firing on 3 cylinders. Very bummed out...

So that also means there's 2 spare antur stiniog tickets on the go, I've a feeling it's sold out so if anyone wants 'em let me know
    Uncompromising extremist
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Erp anyone from herts/essex going that wants free petrol and has a spare seat? How feasible is it to join in on this, this late?
  • DCR00
    So I've never met any of you in person

Give me a car type/colour i can use as a point of reference as it will be pretty busy on Sunday

I will be in a Silver Golf 06 plate. Riding a Raw Tracer VP.
  • DodgeT
    Richie63 wrote:

Sat or sun or both?
  • DodgeT
    Northwind wrote:
    That's me and Petenumbers out :( Feels like it's not the best idea to drive 600 odd miles in a mondingo firing on 3 cylinders. Very bummed out...

So that also means there's 2 spare antur stiniog tickets on the go, I've a feeling it's sold out so if anyone wants 'em let me know

Absolute bummer, expecially with the weather too. You not got rac cover, just get them to take you there :)
  • DodgeT
    Erp anyone from herts/essex going that wants free petrol and has a spare seat? How feasible is it to join in on this, this late?

Nobody as I know coming from remotely south, more than welcome if you can get there, we're meeting at the big car park right opposite snowdon mountain railway at 10am sat. Sure yoh could get digs in betwys y coed and could see about getting you in stiniog. If your serious let me know asap as im there tomorrow.
  • DodgeT
    DCR00 wrote:
    So I've never met any of you in person

Give me a car type/colour i can use as a point of reference as it will be pretty busy on Sunday

I will be in a Silver Golf 06 plate. Riding a Raw Tracer VP.

I'll be in a silver landy, dont know reg as mate is driving, will be riding a session. There'll be at least 10 of us mooching about so shouldnt miss us. Just shout dodge at the Top of your voice and I'll hear you :mrgreen:
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    DodgeT wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:

Sat or sun or both?

both
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • DodgeT
    For whoever is joining on saturday, we're meeting at the big car park right opposite snowdon mountain railway. Nearest postcode is LL55 4UR Which is for electric mountain visitor centre, just a couple of hundred yards down the road.
    Meet at 10am.
    Pm me for phone number if required/may be coming.