Predictions 2014

Comments

• edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    EBH to win a TDF stage and nothing else

Cav to win stages of the tour and miss out on green (hate doing that one but it's true)

rui costa to be the only world champ that people are happy to see in white bibs cos they'll look less worse that a lampre/WC combo, and still win nothing
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Qatar to be dominated by Kittel leading everyone to announce Cav is finished

P-R to be contested by Cancellara/Stybar after Wiggins gets wiped out by a careless spectator in the last twenty km

Some great racing in the early stage races especially Paris-Nice, highlights to be Quintana, Porte and Dan Martin

MSR to won by Degankolb

Giro: Quintana to win, Cavendish to clean up sprints, Purito to get points jersey

Women's Tour of Britain to be won by Ellen Van Djik from Vos and Pooley, Lizzy Armitstead to win the flat stages and Hannah Barnes to race really well

Froome to win TdF Nibali to be closest challenger, Contador to battle bravely but fail miserably (Tinkof to have a bitch fit) Cavendish ups his game to clean up sprints narrowly beating Kittel in most of them but they will still be wooped in the points comp by Sagan. Honorable mentions in GC to Taylor Phinney and Thibaut Pinot.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    EBH to win everything and be crowned the next Eddie M...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

only skimmed the thread I take it this one is already on :wink:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Cav to have his best season ever.
    He seems to love Petacchi, and Renshaw's back. Unless they put everything behind Uran....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Boonen will be good but not top, but QS to be still sh!t hot with Kiakowski and Stybar who will both really step up.

Not that it'll make any difference since Canc will still smash them.

Froome will win the Tour with two fingers in his nose.

Chasey to get a migraine after stage 3 of the TdF because he got overexcited.

Need to re-evaluate that.

Sagan and Cancellara to duel it out but Sagan to come out on top for a change.
  • josame wrote:
    EBH to win everything and be crowned the next Eddie M...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

only skimmed the thread I take it this one is already on :wink:
    Eddie Mazzoleni?
  • Tyler Farrar to win 7 stages of the TDF finally proving himself as the greatest sprinter in the world.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    - Peter Zlatan will celebrate a win with his arms.
    - Andy will make an excuse.
    - Kittel to win a sprint.
    - Froome will participate in a race
    - Lars will win Tour De France and Worlds.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    A constant plank in forum lore will wobble, at least.

'Cav wins' threads will exceed the length of 'Cav doesn't' threads.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Sagan will win Strade Bianche Close but no cigar
    Cancellara will take Roubaix and Flanders. Close but no cigar
    QPQS will back Cav 100% at MSR (Boonen won't even start) and he will take the win
    Sad to say this also came close but ultimately no cigar
    Cav will leave Dublin in pink - Bust
    The Antrim Coast road will look spectacular on TVWeather really starting to play ball
    Quintana will win the Giro - Porte and Evans make up the podium.Porte out - but the other two could be ok
    Froome/Nibali will split the one week races between them - Froome will miss the Tour because of injury - the Clinic will implode.Froome misses another race and the clinic starts to simmer - nice
    Boonen will win the cobble stage in the Tour.
    Nibali will win the Tour. Schelck and Contador make up the podium. .Ain't going to happen for Frandy - Nibali needs to get a move on
    Contador will win the Vuelta.....then announce his retirement with immediate effect.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    80% of Pro Race threads where Contador is not relevant/racing to be turned into discussions about him.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    edited October 2014
    ddraver wrote:
    Froome will win the Tour Natch

Porte ve Quintana will be the race of the season Bust

A newly angry/hungry Cav will return to form erm.... Probably did, but Kittel is now Das Man

Sagan HAS to win one of the monuments this year. I suspect it might be RVV. Stybar should be a big competitor Fail...on both counts mind you unless he has a stormer this weekend

I will man up and start training for the sportive of that same event BOOM!

Nino Schurter will continue to p1ss all over XCO so far so good Win

Aaron Gwin will re-p1ss all over DH So far so bad Fail

Me mate Marianne will continue being awesome so far so good
    well not so much really
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Can I add to mine?

White boy trash to get banned ;)
    You didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict that one really
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    Wiggins to ride the tour in support of Froome.
    Brad will be a model teammate and then push it very very close in the time trial.
    More chance of Mrs Wiggins and Michelle Cound becoming besties than this ever happening!

Cav to win on the Champs Elysees after losing out to the big German this year He's lost out a few times but we have to wait for the second part
    Cancellara to win another Roubaix Nope
    A rider from Torku to get busted Not yet
    Froome to win the tour after difficulty with cobbled sections
    Sagan to win a classic Not sure E3 counts
    Quintana to win whatever Grand tour it is he is riding (Can't remember if it is Giro or Vuelta)
    Dowsett to win another TT stage
    Wiggins to ride grand tour and lose all motivation after the first week
    Cancellara to beat hour record then have it taken off him by Martin Not sure what's going on with this yet, UCI may be changing the bike specs
  • Sep Vanmarcke will win Paris Roubaix.

Fail. :(
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    'If Stan wins something, the Rapha Stan mug will be filled with champers and posted here'

I got this one. And I did fill the mug - but failed to post pic here
  • rick_chasey
    My Sagan predictions were way out.
  • rick_chasey
    3 weeks to go.

Nuts on the line. Jersey predictions please.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Froome will miss the Tour because of injury - the Clinic will implode.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    3 weeks to go.

Yellow - Bert
    Green - Cav
    Polka - Feillu
    White - Yates
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    3 weeks to go.

Yellow - Bert
    Green - Cav
    Polka - Feillu
    White - Yates

They're optomistic. Pretty sure Yates isn't riding and Cav over Sagan........!
    Feillu would be a great result though.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Admittedly Yates is out there and in the hope that he rides.

Im backing Cav to have a massive tour in spite of all of Sagans talents and Kittels power.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Yellow - AC
    Green - Sagan
    Polka - De Marchi
    White - Kwia
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    3 weeks to go.

Contador, Sagan, Rodriguez, Pinot
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Yello: Contador
    Green: Sagan
    Polka: Reza
    White: Bardet
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Yellow: Contador
    Polka: Rolland
    White: Pinot
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Macaloon wrote:
    Polka: Rolland
    White: Pinot

This, although I think the Rolland pick may be a bit ambitious. Not sure if I want Contador to win or not. I really want Froome to write his name into the books in spite of the Froome on Wiggins thread, I think he is probably right about Wiggo being mentally weak. After that ride on the final day of TdD, I can't help but admire AC.

Likewise I want Cav, but I think Sagan. Could be close between them given Kittel as well.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Polka: Contador
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Polka: Contador

Podium:

1st Contador
    2nd Froome
    3rd J Rod

My personal view is that if they are both on top form then Froome is the better Grand Tour rider. But Contador looks physically better than Froome at the moment and has a more settled team.

I can see a lot of people challenging for the polka dot but I think Contador will win too many HC stages for them.

This is the first Tour I've been genuinely excited about for quite a few years. The line ups are amazing. Just one big name missing really...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    My prediction is that Froome will be better than Contador in the traditional GC stages but will lose it elsewhere due to Contador being supported by more savvy tacticians (like in the first week)
    Twitter: @RichN95