Predictions 2014

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
edited December 2014 in Pro race
Ok

A bit early I know, but like a toddler throwing a tantrum in Tesco the forum needs a distraction......so look...look....shiny thing.

Post up your predictions for the 2014 season.
ddraver wrote:
For the newbies this is where to stake your claims to any wacky, wild, outrageous or even serious, thoughtful predictions for 2014. You may ask for clarification, but this is not the place for disagreements or discussion. everyone is entitled to their prediction.

2013 Thread

For the love of God, play nice.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• No idea, but just thought I'd get a post in early so I can edit it at some point in 2014. :D
  • tailwindhome
    No idea, but just thought I'd get a post in early so I can edit it at some point in 2014. :D

There may be a flaw in that plan.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • There usually is... :cry:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    No idea, but just thought I'd get a post in early so I can edit it at some point in 2014. :D

There may be a flaw in that plan.

What, that the thread will doubtless be locked by then?
  • Greased is trying to have his cake and eat it :wink:

OK, gotta spend a few thinking about mine...
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    edited December 2013
    Zdenek Stybar to win P-R.
    Warren Barguil to take at least one TDF stage.
    Rui Costa to go one better than Gilbert and not win a race/stage in the rainbow stripes.
    Dan Martin to win Giro.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited April 2014
    Froome will win the Tour

Porte ve Quintana will be the race of the season Bust

A newly angry/hungry Cav will return to form erm....

Sagan HAS to win one of the monuments this year. I suspect it might be RVV. Stybar should be a big competitor Fail...on both counts

I will man up and start training for the sportive of that same event BOOM!

Nino Schurter will continue to p1ss all over XCO so far so good

Aaron Gwin will re-p1ss all over DH So far so bad

Me mate Marianne will continue being awesome so far so good
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    Sagan will win Strade Bianche
    Cancellara will take Roubaix and Flanders.
    QPQS will back Cav 100% at MSR (Boonen won't even start) and he will take the win
    Cav will leave Dublin in pink -
    The Antrim Coast road will look spectacular on TV
    Quintana will win the Giro - Porte and Evans make up the podium.
    Froome/Nibali will split the one week races between them - Froome will miss the Tour because of injury - the Clinic will implode.
    Boonen will win the cobble stage in the Tour
    Nibali will win the Tour. Schelck and Contador make up the podium.
    Contador will win the Vuelta.....then announce his retirement with immediate effect.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Sagan to win MSR

Stybar to win P-R

The Giro will be immense: Porte v Quintana v Purito v Uran

The TDF will be a Froome walkover

Kittel will regularly best Cav

Kwiatowski will break through
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Greased is trying to have his cake and eat it :wink:

Well, I'm not very good at this sort of thing. OK, I'll have a go, I'll just go for the important races.

Sep Vanmarcke will win Paris Roubaix.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    edited December 2013
    BMC will be a greatly improved team (top 3 in world rankings)
    Barguil will have a disappointing second season due to French hype...
    ...but Pinot will take a big step forward
    The MPCC will fall to pieces
    Alexander Kristoff will be a major contender in the Classics
    Tour Wild cards: Cofidis, IAM, Bretagne, NetApp
    Josh Edmondson will become a breakout star
    Tinkov-Saxo will be the year's best soap opera...
    ...Leading to Contador fleeing to Alonso's team
    Matej Mohoric will be called 'the new Sagan' by just about everyone in the media
    Lampre will fold
    Tiernan-Locke will be cleared, leading to 101 conspiracy theories
    The Armstrong film will be Mark Kermode's film of the week (in a poor week, though)
    There will be major security concerns when a leading rider is attacked by a spectator at the Tour
    The biggest crowds of the season will be in Yorkshire
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Sagan will take the Milan-Sanremo
    NIbali will win the Liege with an attack on the St. Nicholas
    Porte will claim the Giro but Quintana will take the Zoncolan stage
    There will be bad weather at the Tour and Froome (after taking 3 minutes on the cobbles) will have a bad day in the pyrenees and retire (cold)
    Andy Shleck will return to his best and win the Tour ahead of Nibali... suspicion will arise about a car leaving the Radioshack hotel in the middle of the night before the alpine stages.
    left the forum March 2023
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited December 2013
    Right.

-Fabs will have an injury or illness-affected spring again (soz :( )
    -Boonen wins early in the season and hopes are high
    -Porte and Quintana go ding dong at the Giro, and Dan Martin's up there with them until the TT but then goes tumbling down the GC. Then Purito will sneak up in the last week and nab the top step
    -Cav and Uran will have a spat during the Giro as Cav wont like sharing. Uran will continue to pretend he doesnt speak good English (he certainly cant understand Manx)
    -Froome has a wobble on the cobbles at the Tour. Rumours run rampant that Brad Wiggins flicked him. Michelle will elbow her way into the lead Sky car alongside Nico Portal, and fight him for the lead DS role
    - Nibbles and Froome trade the jersey several times during the Tour. Froome seals it with the TT
    - Cav wins stage 1 of the Tour, but misses out on the stage 3 win because of a diversion to the Blue Egg
    -Boar Man reappears at the Tour on Planche des Belle Filles to great acclaim from the BR massive
    - Bert doesnt have a good Tour and Tinkov announces over Twitter that he's docking 50% of his salary and replacing him as lead for the Vuelta with, well, anyone
    -Talansky will finish on the podium at 2 of the major 1-weekers in the run up to the Tour
    -TJVG will be a monster at the mighty Tour of Colorado again - but fail to score a win in Europe
    -Goss will last be seen going for the ice creams for the OGE bus, never to reappear again
    - Henao will win F-W or AGR
    -We all say goodbye to Riis. And Tinkov stomps off from cycling YET AGAIN
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    QPQS will back Cav 100% at MSR (Boonen won't even start) and he will take the win

Erm.... Keep up at the back...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    iainf72 wrote:

Erm.... Keep up at the back...

Like I said.

Cavendish will skip MSR due to the change in the course and may never race it again.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    G and Stannard will win a classic (or semi-classic) each - let's go big and say G will win Flanders and Stannard Roubaix. Cav will get his 2nd green in the tour and Contador the overall.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Apologies but I have no idea, I just love cycle racing. All cycle racing. As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a boring race or stage, and, whoever the winner, they are truly worthy.
  • Boonen will smoke Chinny in both RVV and P-R! I think that prediction gives me the biggest kahunas here.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    mike6 wrote:
    Apologies but I have no idea, I just love cycle racing. All cycle racing. As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a boring race or stage, and, whoever the winner, they are truly worthy.

True dat...but you know it's a larf innit
    - @ddraver
  • Off the top of my head, im going to say:

Fab and Sagan for the top spring classics.
    Quintana for the Giro.
    Froome for the Tour.
    Nibali for the Vuelta
    Cav for the green jersey.
    Tee-Jay to smash anything in America

As for Wiggo....... :shock:
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    mm1 wrote:
    G and Stannard will win a classic (or semi-classic) each - let's go big and say G will win Flanders and Stannard Roubaix. Cav will get his 2nd green in the tour and Contador the overall.

If Stannard wins a Classic, I think my head may explode with happiness. Good way to go, tho, eh?
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • ddraver
    I have to say the opposite - this will be the year G comes out and says what we all know deep down, that he's not Alpha enough to win anything and is happy (maybe even happier) being a super-domestique
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    I have to say the opposite - this will be the year G comes out and says what we all know deep down, that he's not Alpha enough to win anything and is happy (maybe even happier) being a super-domestique

I agree.
  • My boy to rip it up. That is all.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver wrote:

I agree.

Whawawawawah :cry::cry:

I'm not yet ready for such news

If Stan wins something, the Rapha Stan mug will be filled with champers and posted here
  • mike6
    Not a prediction but a deeply held hope. A Frenchman, any Frenchman to win the Tour. We live in France now and the disappointment is palpable among the locals when there latest hope comes up well short, again. Even someone in contention into the last week to raise there excitement levels and get the old Gallic spirit flowing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    My boy to rip it up. That is all.
    If 'it' is his contract with Tinkov, I think you may be right.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mike6
    Frenchies son rides for a Pro Tour team??????
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    I predict some of your predictions will be right, some will be wrong ;)
  • Matthew Goss to become an almost top sprinter again.