Humans Invent Podcast

13»

Comments

• DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Usually in a pub/cafe on the South Bank I think.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    DL1987 wrote:
    Usually in a pub/cafe on the South Bank I think.
    Ah that would be why then!
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Also it looks like they've dropped the Humans Invent sponsorship. When my podcasts updated on the weekend it's now called the "Cycling Podcast" with a new logo.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    It's been re-branded again for the TDF. Just read this lovely piece about how they pull it together, with a quick overview of some of the other podcasts out there as well.
    http://thejerseypocket.wordpress.com/20 ... g-podcast/
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    My favourite bit is when they're reminiscing about being into cycling before the sport became "mainstream" - sort of nerdy, rebel, victim of bullying. Being a generation older, I could tell them that having shaved legs at school in the 1970s was the antithesis of cool. DM is an interesting and sympathetic subject (yes I know some people will never forgive him) and I especially liked his admiration for and loyalty to Guimard.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Some interesting insights from DM, especially about Cav and Sagan.
    The podcasts are always good.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Agreed. Very interesting.

Sounds a bit tragic, but it's a weekly highlight when it comes out. They work really well together and it's nice they know the riders and have some inside knowledge.

Looking forward to the ones they're doing with Velonews too. Andy Hood was a great guest when they had him on.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Agreed - they should get Boulting back more often too...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And more Ciro too
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    I'm quite enjoying these, the first one I listened to had really dodgy sound quality (Sounded like it was recorded in a bin, in McDonalds) which put me off a bit but it looks like that was a one off, they've all been fine after that. The content is good and I look forward to hearing them. It's good to listen to at work and it drowns out the rubbish commercial radio they insist on listening to.

I used to listen to the Spokesman cycling roundtable podcast but they've been very quiet recently and the last one was in April, not sure what happened to that?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'm quite enjoying these, the first one I listened to had really dodgy sound quality (Sounded like it was recorded in a bin, in McDonalds) which put me off a bit but it looks like that was a one off, they've all been fine after that. The content is good and I look forward to hearing them. It's good to listen to at work and it drowns out the rubbish commercial radio they insist on listening to.

I used to listen to the Spokesman cycling roundtable podcast but they've been very quiet recently and the last one was in April, not sure what happened to that?

You're better off with Velocast (though you have to pay for most of it now) or even VCDL who are much funnier than our overly earnest American friends.
  • Paul 8v
    Thanks, I'll check them out :-)
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    iainf72 wrote:

Sounds a bit tragic, but it's a weekly highlight when it comes out.

Yes they're the highlight of my week too, plus whatever Cosmo Catallano has produced - deeply, deeply sad I know.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:
    Agreed - they should get Boulting back more often too...
    I'd like them to get Gary Imlach on. Someone we really don't hear enough from (in general, not just cycling)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Really look forward to the Cycling Podcast (as supported for a limited period by a car and a newspaper) - wish they did two a week.

Miss the Boulting/Rendell Real Peloton podcast though and its weekly/fortnightly/monthly portion of Bjork.

Used to love Velocast but it's gone all Apple.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited June 2014
    Excellent episode. Interesting that they all noticed a different attitude in Millar in 2001/2 (after the doping started). Wonder how they would deal with a similar situation today.
    The Cycling Podcast ‏@cycling_podcast 2h
    @jazzporridge interesting question. Fame can change people, too, and perhaps that's what we thought with DM. Hindsight always 20/20.

Is what they said.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    I like the done in a shed feel of this one (although I'm sure they are very professional :? )
    http://veloclubdonlogan.co.uk/
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Paul 8v
    What's happened to the podcast? The last one I can find is the stage 21 Champs Elysees one, they must have done one since?
  • ddraver
    Should be one there now from Ride London
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    I must be on the wrong site, I'm on this one: http://thecyclingpodcast.com/ Have they changed the name again?
  • ddraver
    Oh dunno sorry, I just use itunes like a sheeple
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Haha fair enough, I listen on my geriatric work computer, it would die if I tried to use iTunes on it :-)
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    There was a new one on Monday.
    I use Doggcatcher and it downloaded no probs.
    Not sure what's up with the website...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I must be on the wrong site, I'm on this one: http://thecyclingpodcast.com/ Have they changed the name again?
    They just don't seemed to updated the page. Here's a link to the most recent one: https://audioboo.fm/boos/2388270-we-re- ... on-classic
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Thanks Rich :-) I was getting withdrawl symptoms after the TDF podfest. I use it to drown out Magic or whatever godawful commercial radio my colleagues insist on listening to!