Humans Invent Podcast

Comments

• ddraver wrote:
    The Bugle Style? (F**k you Chris!)

Ahyhoo, I stumped up for the Velocast TdF coverage this year as I missed the Giro and Classics but I'm a big fan of theirs in general. I was pretty disappointed to be honest. The Tour is a special case as there are so many other options (HI, ITV4, Derek Mike plus the aussie one) that are just as good or better but I don't think I ll be getting any of it again this year.

The Cycling History and the Tech ones are very good too, but there's not been much of them recently...

Putting the price up a tenner (from £50 to £60 for all 2014 coverage) has put me off. I'll probably change my mind once the time comes around though!
  • RichN95 wrote:

Surely we can't overlook these issues, no?
    I can, you can't. I see the book as just a book. You see it as heresy.

"I see the book as just as a book".

What does that mean?

Does that mean on a discussion forum in a thread that had David Walsh as an invited guest I can't comment on its content?

Because a "the book is just as a book".

I jest but it reminds me of a response a Miss Universe contestant gave some years ago;

"I believe that the world can be a better place if people don't fight with weapons against Iraq".

Brilliant :D
  • ddraver wrote:
    The Bugle Style? (F**k you Chris!)

Ahyhoo, I stumped up for the Velocast TdF coverage this year as I missed the Giro and Classics but I'm a big fan of theirs in general. I was pretty disappointed to be honest. The Tour is a special case as there are so many other options (HI, ITV4, Derek Mike plus the aussie one) that are just as good or better but I don't think I ll be getting any of it again this year.

The Cycling History and the Tech ones are very good too, but there's not been much of them recently...

Putting the price up a tenner has put me off.

Choosing between fans' podcasts, I'd rather listen to the freebie Velo Club Dan Logan duo. But that's just personal preference
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well I do both tbh, VCDL are the only people that cover MTBing too - they had a good discussion on it this weekend. I meant to tweet them about it actually...

I would pay for a Velocast Don Logan MTB show (hint hint!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Well I do both tbh, VCDL are the only people that cover MTBing too - they had a good discussion on it this weekend. I meant to tweet them about it actually...

I would pay for a Velocast Don Logan MTB show (hint hint!)

How can someone not want to listen to a 'cast whose latest title is 'Episode 58: It’ll Probably Go Rubbish for a Bit'

http://veloclubdonlogan.co.uk/

:wink:
  • bp9.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • You lack credibility, I'm afraid, WBT

I listened to the podcast. Nothing that exciting but they all appears buddyroo with each other and Brailsford.

No harm in that.

One bone of contention is the constant comparisons by Walsh of USPS to Sky. He's looking for doping in the same ways and styles as 1999. Which just not going to happen.

None the less he paints a good picture on why he thinks they are clean and where they fall down on PR.

Said he didn't believe 100% in Wiggins in 2012 before he joined the team.

On the whole fairly boring stuff and just repeating the book.

Oh he did mention the Sky stories in the Sunday Times were the most popular articles sometime by 3 to 1

What's that tell you?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Why is it called 'Human Invent'?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    You lack credibility, I'm afraid, WBT

I listened to the podcast. Nothing that exciting but they all appears buddyroo with each other and Brailsford.

No harm in that.

Except it's not true. They're certainly friendly with each other though.

Can I ask, are you going to do this on every single thread? I'm not sure who you're waging your campaign against here.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Why is it called 'Human Invent'?

I thought it was a sponsor.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's the website they make it for: http://www.humansinvent.com/ (although I've never quite worked out how it fits in)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's the website they make it for: http://www.humansinvent.com/ (although I've never quite worked out how it fits in)

I'd thought there was some kind of Sharp connection.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

They're the sponsor.
  • One bone of contention is the constant comparisons by Walsh of USPS to Sky. He's looking for doping in the same ways and styles as 1999. Which just not going to happen.
    Except for when the Twitterati identify some spurious point of comparison between the two. Then it proves that they're definitely doping in exactly the same way. :roll:

He makes these comparisons because so many other people do. Don't you remember last year, when some wag coined the phrase "UK Postal"? The argument (if that isn't too strong a word) went along the lines of "USPS used to do this, Sky do something superficially similar, therefore DOPING!" This is pretty much the sum total of the case against Sky, so that's what he's focusing on. It's not rocket science.

(On a separate note, what happened to this place? The whole of Pro Race is littered with locked threads full of off-topic bickering and crazy, evidence-free conspiracy theories, like the aftermath of the Zombie Troll Apocalypse.)
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • ddraver
    It's the off season and no one's got anything else to talk about...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    It's the off season and no one's got anything else to talk about...

Or Clinicians have escaped the asylum.
  • One bone of contention is the constant comparisons by Walsh of USPS to Sky. He's looking for doping in the same ways and styles as 1999. Which just not going to happen.
    Except for when the Twitterati identify some spurious point of comparison between the two. Then it proves that they're definitely doping in exactly the same way. :roll:

He makes these comparisons because so many other people do. Don't you remember last year, when some wag coined the phrase "UK Postal"? The argument (if that isn't too strong a word) went along the lines of "USPS used to do this, Sky do something superficially similar, therefore DOPING!" This is pretty much the sum total of the case against Sky, so that's what he's focusing on. It's not rocket science.

(On a separate note, what happened to this place? The whole of Pro Race is littered with locked threads full of off-topic bickering and crazy, evidence-free conspiracy theories, like the aftermath of the Zombie Troll Apocalypse.)

If you look around you'll probably find a patchy diary video full of grainy images and sounds of gunfire, screaming and shouting...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    One bone of contention is the constant comparisons by Walsh of USPS to Sky. He's looking for doping in the same ways and styles as 1999. Which just not going to happen.

If you look around you'll probably find a patchy diary video full of grainy images and sounds of gunfire, screaming and shouting...

You mean you missed it?? Oh..... we had a "Wonderful" time. Lots of sensible mature discussion about a vast range of diverse subjects. :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

The perfect storm of the post Armstrong admission overreaction (especially amongst Anglophones) and outstanding uk road success = bunch of nut jobs and terrible chat.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Every pro race thread at the moment seems to be going down the pan.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Agreed, but I'm still happy from the cycling/Bugle intersection of sets on this thread. Hurrah!
    (And of course, "fcuk you, Chris")
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Frenchie are you Danish? Did you speak to Rod? I feel it could be you.

Interesting points. Really enjoying the podcast.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Noticed just now that the Velocast has fully gone behind a paywall. A bit disappointed to see that. A good listen and good entertainment but in tough times, tough decisions have to be taken.
  • Not sure if I've said it further up this thread, but Humans Invent just seems more professional than Velocast, who spend a lot of time talking about what's happening on Twitter.

Richard Moore has a lovely, silky voice too
  • ddraver
    Are Scottish Accents to irish people like irish accents to English people?
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    The new Humans Invent one is good - I thought Andy Hood had a lot of interesting stuff to say, and seems to know a lot about the Colombians
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    iainf72 wrote:
    The new Humans Invent one is good - I thought Andy Hood had a lot of interesting stuff to say, and seems to know a lot about the Colombians

I enjoyed it, although I missed Richard Moore.

As an aside, Daniel Friebe doesn't look like I thought he would.
  • This latest episode reminded me why HI is better than Velocast. Try as they might, Scott and Jon aren't often sat on a bus behind Alexander Kristoff and Dani Moreno!

Just wish I'd put money on AK now!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    DL1987 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I enjoyed it, although I missed Richard Moore.

As an aside, Daniel Friebe doesn't look like I thought he would.

I recognised his voice when I rode past him at the Paris Nice start, but I was surprised what he looked like!
    Definitely a bit more chunky than I was expecting!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Finally got my ipod to talk to my PC so I'm listening to this in the car now.

Impressed with the content and they seem to get some good interviews on there, the only thing that lets it down is the sound quality, one of the items sounded like they were recording it inside a McDonalds and someone had thrown the mic in the bin. Not sure where they record it though so if it's out on the road its fair enough but I thought the actual production didn't match the quality of the content.