Would you buy "used" bib shorts or tights?

13

Comments

  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Taking this a step further. Trying on bibs new in a shop. Keks on used to be the rule as far as I recall.
  • Who was the poster on here (Milemuncher1)? who was selling a pair in the Classifieds with massive skidders in them?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Didn't he threaten to sue anyone who said that.
  • Just ridden for 3 hours wearing my 2nd hand (bought on here) bib shorts. Had them for a couple of winters now and still haven't succomed to any issues don the old knackersack region . Obviosly there are a lot of membrs on here do not think this is an issue , esspecialy when you see a pair of Casteill, rapha assos etc selling in no time.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,276
    Webboo wrote:
    Didn't he threaten to sue anyone who said that.
    Surely that would be a full time job.
    What with the word "that" being so common and all that. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Actually it wasn't MM it was Bernie the biker who was offended by the implication he might sell secondhand bibs that were not pristine.
    MM may have threatened to sue anyone "That"
  • I was given a second hand skinsuit and borrowed a club mates team bib shorts once back when I was a pauper student. They were both clean, and I didn't have any issues.

    I did know both of the people these came from, but I don't think I'd buy used bibs online, and I don't think I'd take any used bibs from team mates again unless it's an 'emergency'.
  • Well it must be I'm a tramp then.

    Bought 2 skinsuits and a pair of Assos shorts. :lol:

    So I take it you lot wouldn't buy a saddle or 2nd hand car. How may farts and follow throughs there? :wink:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Overlord2 wrote:

    So I take it you lot wouldn't buy a saddle or 2nd hand car. How may farts and follow throughs there? :wink:

    I usually wear clothes on a saddle and in my car but there is the odd time when I want to surprise my passengers by not wearing anything on the bottom half so there is that...

    Probably fine to wear second hand bibs, but it's weird and I wouldn't do it because I don't like the thought of it. I don't wear second hand underwear either because it's just weird
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,832
    HaydenM wrote:
    Overlord2 wrote:



    Probably fine to wear second hand bibs, but it's weird and I wouldn't do it because I don't like the thought of it. I don't wear second hand underwear either because it's just weird

    Unless it's the missus'?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    HaydenM wrote:
    I usually wear clothes on a saddle and in my car


    really ? .... I treat my car seats like my bibshorts ..... ballbare and wriggle around for at least 1hour at a time with the heater pointed at my nuts to get them real hot and keeping my heart rate in the 150 range to ensure I sweat as much as possible whilst grinding my arse into that seat ... sometimes Ill do it for 2,3,4,5 hours at a time :mrgreen:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    fat daddy wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    I usually wear clothes on a saddle and in my car


    really ? .... I treat my car seats like my bibshorts ..... ballbare and wriggle around for at least 1hour at a time with the heater pointed at my nuts to get them real hot and keeping my heart rate in the 150 range to ensure I sweat as much as possible whilst grinding my ars* into that seat ... sometimes Ill do it for 2,3,4,5 hours at a time :mrgreen:

    For some reason it seems to lower the part ex value when I come to trade it in. I might have put the salesman off a bit though as I wasn't wearing any clothes...
  • fat daddy wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    I usually wear clothes on a saddle and in my car


    really ? .... I treat my car seats like my bibshorts ..... ballbare and wriggle around for at least 1hour at a time with the heater pointed at my nuts to get them real hot and keeping my heart rate in the 150 range to ensure I sweat as much as possible whilst grinding my ars* into that seat ... sometimes Ill do it for 2,3,4,5 hours at a time :mrgreen:

    :D
    There's an image I don't really want to dwell on.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,029
    If Victoria Pendleton, Lucy Garner or Laura Trott decide to sell theirs I'll take 10 pairs.

    You planning on selling them on to Japanese cycling enthusiasts?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • davidof wrote:
    If Victoria Pendleton, Lucy Garner or Laura Trott decide to sell theirs I'll take 10 pairs.

    You planning on selling them on to Japanese cycling enthusiasts?

    Not a chance. I have my erm own er reasons.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    My local charity shop has loads of second hand bib shorts for sale, the cycling jerseys seem to sell quickly but not so much demand for the shorts............................
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    davidof wrote:
    If Victoria Pendleton, Lucy Garner or Laura Trott decide to sell theirs I'll take 10 pairs.

    You planning on selling them on to Japanese cycling enthusiasts?

    Not a chance. I have my erm own er reasons.

    I have no idea why anyone would find that exciting in the slightest. I can't think of anything less arousing :shock:
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    What issues are people expecting to have ?

    Sure you would stick any used items through the wash. Do people think they may contract aids or rabbies through wearing used (but washed ) bib shorts. ?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    HaydenM wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    If Victoria Pendleton, Lucy Garner or Laura Trott decide to sell theirs I'll take 10 pairs.

    You planning on selling them on to Japanese cycling enthusiasts?

    Not a chance. I have my erm own er reasons.

    I have no idea why anyone would find that exciting in the slightest. I can't think of anything less arousing :shock:


    what about Alberto Contador, Lance Armstrong or the Schlecks ??
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    fat daddy wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    If Victoria Pendleton, Lucy Garner or Laura Trott decide to sell theirs I'll take 10 pairs.

    You planning on selling them on to Japanese cycling enthusiasts?

    Not a chance. I have my erm own er reasons.

    I have no idea why anyone would find that exciting in the slightest. I can't think of anything less arousing :shock:


    what about Alberto Contador, Lance Armstrong or the Schlecks ??

    That's more like it! Wait...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Andy Schleck once dropped his chain though. I wouldn't want those bibs.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,832
    kingrollo wrote:
    What issues are people expecting to have ?

    Sure you would stick any used items through the wash. Do people think they may contract aids or rabbies through wearing used (but washed ) bib shorts. ?


    Rabbies? As in burns?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    kingrollo wrote:
    What issues are people expecting to have ?

    Sure you would stick any used items through the wash. Do people think they may contract aids or rabbies through wearing used (but washed ) bib shorts. ?

    I probably wouldn't contract aids from rubbing myself directly onto the sensitive area of another man either but I really don't like the thought of it. I'd be fine with it really as long as they were 100% clean but I would personally rather just buy some new in a sale and not have to think about it
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    Out of interest when did not wearing underwear with cycling shorts become the norm? I dont recall it in the 90's and I guess that when inserts used chamois leather people wore pants.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    There is a chance of catching crabs.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    cld531c wrote:
    Out of interest when did not wearing underwear with cycling shorts become the norm? I dont recall it in the 90's and I guess that when inserts used chamois leather people wore pants.
    That's strange because l never knew anyone who wore underwear under their shorts in the 80's.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    Webboo wrote:
    cld531c wrote:
    Out of interest when did not wearing underwear with cycling shorts become the norm? I dont recall it in the 90's and I guess that when inserts used chamois leather people wore pants.
    That's strange because l never knew anyone who wore underwear under their shorts in the 80's.

    Maybe we are just prudish round here!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,505
    Navrig2 wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    What issues are people expecting to have ?

    Sure you would stick any used items through the wash. Do people think they may contract aids or rabbies through wearing used (but washed ) bib shorts. ?


    Rabbies? As in burns?

    No these I think.
    o-RABBIS-facebook.jpg

    Webboo wrote:
    cld531c wrote:
    Out of interest when did not wearing underwear with cycling shorts become the norm? I dont recall it in the 90's and I guess that when inserts used chamois leather people wore pants.
    That's strange because l never knew anyone who wore underwear under their shorts in the 80's.

    This just proves that the 90's was an anomaly, and within this decade people wore underwear, umm, under their shorts.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18