Single Mountain Bikers

robv1306
robv1306 Posts: 76
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Where are all the single mountain biking girls hiding?

I don't know about anyone else, but over the past couple of years I've been looking for a woman who can share my love of bikes, go riding etc, but I either find that they aren't into it at all and have no desire to be, or say they are but turn out to have ridden a bike once on a trip to centerparks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can find a nice, mountain bikey girl who will understand why I spend a grand on a BOS Iydll fork rather than on rent, and who fully understands why everyone needs 6 bikes in their quiver?

If there are any single biker girls reading this in the south yorkshire area, then don't hesitate to get in touch!

All views and suggestions welcomed!
2009 Specialized Pitch Custom

Peaks Grit

Comments

• robv1306 wrote:
    If there are any single biker girls reading this in the south yorkshire area, then don't hesitate to get in touch!

There are no girls on the internet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    robv1306 wrote:

There are no girls on the internet.

there-are-no-girls-on-the-internet.jpg
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Sorry, that doesn't compute

I go biking to escape the missus!
  • Maybe he wants a single bird to escape the misses
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • what the actual fuck is this thread!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If I got in with a girl who was in to MTBiking I would give up and take up stamp collecting. Jeez you want to get away from them not take them with you.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Single girls do not exist - for the most part women move from man to man almost seamlessly - if your relationship breaks down it is generally because she saw someone she preferred and either dumped you or made herself enough of a pain in the a**e for you to dump her so she could go and cry on new fellas shoulder until he sticks his thingy in her whatsit. They are terrible creatures sent to torture and if one happens to ride a bike it would be more torture because she will either be bad at it thus causing you pain when she comes riding with you and straining the relationship or she will be better than you and laugh when you cant keep up. Either way bad things happen.

If you must obtain a girl accept that pain will follow. Not always in a good way.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Women want a man who is good looking, witty and intelligent so with three strikes against you, you're out.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Single girls do not exist - for the most part women move from man to man almost seamlessly - if your relationship breaks down it is generally because she saw someone she preferred and either dumped you or made herself enough of a pain in the a**e for you to dump her so she could go and cry on new fellas shoulder until he sticks his thingy in her whatsit. They are terrible creatures sent to torture and if one happens to ride a bike it would be more torture because she will either be bad at it thus causing you pain when she comes riding with you and straining the relationship or she will be better than you and laugh when you cant keep up. Either way bad things happen.

If you must obtain a girl accept that pain will follow. Not always in a good way.
    Nail. Head.

And mods please put this in the Crudcatcher :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078

Bad experience at all?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • There is a joke in IT world, I hope I translate it correctly (I am not English native).

Girls are like Internet domains - the ones you like are are already taken ;)

Anyway, believe me, you don't want gf which ride bike.
    1. Riding with girl is like riding with child.
    1a You cant go to fast, because she is always slower then you.
    1b You need to stop every 5 minutes because (choose one or more): beautiful view, she need drink, she need eat, she need pee, she need check her hairs, phone is ringin', sms, facebook, something is wrong with her clothes, bla bla
    2. You want hang out with your dudes on bikes? No girls? Forget it. She will tell you "sure, you can go, no problem", but you need to know, this IS a problem. No sex for next month or any other repressions guaranteed ;)
    I am not English native, so my grammar isn't perfect, sorry!
    My bike blog and my design portfolio.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Well, if that ^ doesn't elicit a response from them, there are definitely no women reading this :)
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    cooldad wrote:
    Women want a man who is good looking, witty and intelligent so with three strikes against you, you're out.

woman want money
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010

99% right, 1% wrong. Look for the 1%.
    Insert bike here:
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    POAH wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

woman want money

Some have their own.
    Insert bike here:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mpatts wrote:
    POAH wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

woman want money

Some have their own.

http://www.oldslapperdating.co.uk

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    mpatts wrote:
    POAH wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

woman want money

Some have their own.

link :lol:
  • Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • welshkev
    arran77 wrote:
    mpatts wrote:
    POAH wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

woman want money

Some have their own.

haha, that can't be real can it? :lol:
  • arran77
    welshkev wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    mpatts wrote:
    POAH wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

woman want money

Some have their own.

haha, that can't be real can it? :lol:

Don't know, why don't you try contacting one of the 'ladies' :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Don't get Kev's hopes up. He's been menatally scarred by years of living in South Wales and going to Wetherspoons on a Saturday night :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't get Kev's hopes up. He's been menatally scarred by years of living in South Wales and going to Wetherspoons on a Saturday night :D

He'll love it then :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol:
  • welshkev
    edited January 2014
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, whatever lol
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    mpatts wrote:

99% right, 1% wrong. Look for the 1%.

Reminds me of this I saw

http://elitedaily.com/dating/women-marrying/
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    *sigh*

Don't get me started on this... It's equally tricky (if not MORE difficult) as a single girlie who is already into mountain biking. I like bikes. I have lots of them. I work in the cycle industry. It's fair to say that my world is a teeny bit bike-obsessed :oops:

The BIGGEST problem is that 99% of the blokes I talk to who say MTBing is a hobby REALLY mean that they have something that looks like a mountain bike and they ride it to the pub once a year. This is not my idea of mountain biking :?

Oh, and I would prefer someone who is a better rider than me and that can keep up :D

Any takers? No, thought not :lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • welshkev
    edited January 2014
    :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:
    *sigh*

Oh, and I would prefer someone who is a better rider than me and that can keep up :D

Any takers? No, thought not :lol::lol:
    I think you'll find there's a big difference between those who would like to take you up on that and those that can :wink:

Your best bet is probably to hang around Cwmcarn car park in that Mrs. Claus outfit :P
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Ha ha, goodness, can you imagine??!! I would be arrested in seconds!!! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:
    Ha ha, goodness, can you imagine??!! I would be arrested in seconds!!! :lol:
    I'm not sure 'arrested' is the right word :wink: