Inside Team Sky - David Walsh *Spoilers*

Comments

• Unnamed.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Unnamed.jpg

yeah, I saw that and thought it was pretty tactless...
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    I think most (sensible) people here have come to conclusion that 'ash' should in fact be 'oll'
  • Wow! A typo.
    Clear proof that Walsh is no longer to be trusted and is in (insert publishing house of choice) pocket.

So now, not only do we have a Clinic 12, but a Bikerader half dozen.
    Consigned to cheap re-make territory before we start.
    Who's playing Lee Marvin? How about his brother, Hank. :P

You are fanatical aren't you?

Clearly Walsh hasn't fact checked his book. So many mistakes.

Id say he doesn't know his subject very well.

How can one get the Tour date wrong?

He's a strange man.

Second reference, so I am one of those fanatics of whom you speak.
    For someone who talks about Walsh making schoolboy errors, you don't
    half make a load yourself.
    Comes from making assumptions all the time. Very hit or miss.
    In my case, another miss, I'm afraid.

I find Sky's approach to racing effective, but rather sterile.
    I do have some insight into how BC's machine works.
    Hence, I am a little fanatical about inconclusive or inaccurate assumptions being used to put rhetorical questions.

However, in the case of Walsh putting July instead of June into text.
    Given the month most commonly associated with the Tour, what conclusion would you like us to draw from this two letter error?
    Mine would be that whoever proof read the book, doesn't follow road racing.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    rayjay wrote:
    I once saw a cloud that looked like Nicole Cook.

Have any of you seen any clouds that look like cyclists?

I once saw a cumulonimbus that looked like jan ullrich in March

Now that is a cloud

I would have put cumuloimunbussinus as well, but I can't spell it.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

He's a strange man.

More hogwash than whitewash. Back at base, your fellow inmates have found nearly as much to foam about in this book, as in Armstrong's post-confession shenanigans. Well done, son.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,547
    What's this Nutella business about? Is it meant to be performance enhancing in some obscure way? It's hard to keep up.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    What's this Nutella business about? Is it meant to be performance enhancing in some obscure way? It's hard to keep up.

pffft. Nutella is like grade B stuff. If you want the serious business, its Speculoos all the way
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    TheBigBean wrote:
    It just the latest talking point for full-time cynics. Walsh in a interview saying that some of the Sky riders got annoyed with Lopez for bringing Nutella to the breakfast table when they're not meant to be eating much of it.

So the cynics then found pictures of Nutella at the Sky warehouse from 2010 and a recipe from the chef using it as an ingredient. Thereby 'proving' that Walsh is a corporate lackey covering for Sky's doping.

These people remind me of the velociraptors in Jurassic Park continually throwing themselves against the electric fence trying to find a weak spot. (Of course, eventually they succeed but that was fiction. In reality velociraptors were no bigger than a goose)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    It just the latest talking point for full-time cynics. Walsh in a interview saying that some of the Sky riders got annoyed with Lopez for bringing Nutella to the breakfast table when they're not meant to be eating much of it.

So the cynics then found pictures of Nutella at the Sky warehouse from 2010 and a recipe from the chef using it as an ingredient. Thereby 'proving' that Walsh is a corporate lackey covering for Sky's doping.

A poster in the Asylum has queried the use of Nutella as a masking agent.

Apparently he read it an affidavit.

As I've said before it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between the truth, the satire and the genuinely held beliefs of nutters.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited December 2013
    From nutter to Nutella

I hereby christen them all 'Nutellas'

EDIT:
    The idea's been mooted that Walsh threw that into the interview with Barry 'Kay Burley' Ryan to wind-up the Nutellas, knowing it would send them all into a frenzy
  • From nutter to Nutella

I hereby christen them all 'Nutellas'

T'would explain the brown stains on the corner of their mouths ... maybe ...
  • rayjay
    Sainsburys sell a chocolate spread that has popping bits in. You know like that moon dust stuff that explodes in your mouth.

I would say the overall taste is not as good as Nutella but the popping bits make it a good purchase IMO

I don't think it's on the UCI banned list. :lol:

It's still to windy to go for a ride.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    So Nutellas is like the Clinic equivalent of the Twaliban?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    So Nutellas is like the Clinic equivalent of the Twaliban?

Si. And the Nutellas take much of their inspiration from Terry Gilliam's seminal work, 'Brazil'
  • RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

A poster in the Asylum has queried the use of Nutella as a masking agent.

Apparently he read it an affidavit.

As I've said before it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between the truth, the satire and the genuinely held beliefs of nutters.

I had a look in the Clinic. I didn't see any such claims.

Not sure why you would make this up.

Why lie?

The Nutella story I believe is indicative of Walsh's work.

No one expected Walsh to uncover doping. That wasn't his MO. But one would expect that from his 10 weeks total with Sky he would be able to present a factually accurate account of his time with the team.

If the Nutella story is true then it appears the Sky riders were winding him up and taking him for a fool. If its not true then Walsh is just making up stories. Which brings into question his credibility.

Either way, for Walsh to state it as one of the key difference in Sky compared to other teams not knowing several teams including Argos have a Nutella ban. And that the Sky chef happily serves it up and tweets pictures of his creation demonstrates Walsh learnt very little from his time at Sky.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Whooooosh....

Now uncovering doping has not been Walsh's MO?!? Good God....

Alberto/Bauke/Laurens/Nairo/Vincenzo must be hopping mad FFS, all they had to do to compete was give up Nutella!!!

So much garbage about a chocolate/hazlenut spread...

An you have the temerity to call us blind fanatics?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    Why lie?.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread ... 3&page=301

Post #3006

Apologise when you're ready
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Why lie?.

Post #3006

Why would I apologise?

One guy asks a question to which no one responded. Not sure how you deduced that it would been said Nutella was a masking agent? That's a stretch. How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

Appears most there treated the question as it should. They ignored it.

Besides people are within their rights to ask a question. Doesn't mean they'll get a genuine response if its a stupid question.

You do appear to be looking for something that's not there. Not sure why you are so angry at the Clinic?

Genuine question

Didn't someone use nutella to hide dope of some sort ?

In one of the many testimonies/interviews over the recent years I could swear I read about that, but cannot specifically recall who said it. Anyone got a pointer they could share ?
  • tailwindhome
    Why lie?.

Post #3006

Why would I apologise?

One guy asks a question to which no one responded. Not sure how you deduced that it would been said Nutella was a masking agent? That's a stretch. How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

Besides people are within their rights to ask a question. Doesn't mean they'll get a genuine response if its a stupid question.

You do appear to be looking for something that's not there. Not sure why you are so angry at the Clinic?

Genuine question

In one of the many testimonies/interviews over the recent years I could swear I read about that, but cannot specifically recall who said it. Anyone got a pointer they could share ?

You accused me of lying.

You are in the wrong here.
  • Why lie?.

Post #3006

Why would I apologise?

Genuine question

You accused me of lying.

You are in the wrong here.

No. I asked you "why" you would lie. Not accused you.

But it appears you were trying to stretch the truth that those in the Clinic were making some accusation that Nuetlla was a masking agent.

Which is a long way from what really occurred.

One post to which no one replied.

My take is the egg is on your face.

I find your approach embarrassing. But that is a matter for you.
  • rayjay
    I just saw what I think was a photo of Armstrong eating Nutella .

Does that mean Sky are eating the same foods as Postal? And what does that mean?

Does Walsh eat Nutella?

Should I be eating Nutella ?

I'm confused by all this, can't we get back to simple doping like the good old days.

Why can't athletes just dope themselves up to the eyeballs like before and lets put all this chocolate/nut business behind us
  • tailwindhome

Wow
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,166

Wow

That's up there with 'I'm not accusing Sky of doping'. It's one thing when people make innuendo and insinuation without evidence, it's what the internet appears to be for, but it really grates when they get caught out and say 'that's not what I said'. I'd have far more respect for an opinion I don't agree with if the person would just admit to getting something wrong - after all we all do that sometimes.
  • whiteboytrash
    whiteboytrash Posts: 594
    edited December 2013

Wow

You are on a slippery slope here.

You clearly wanted to give on the impression that everyone in the Clinic is fanatical and is saying that Nuetella was a masking agent.

You did this to show just how crazy the Clinic has become compared to yourself and those at BikeRadar forum, yes?

That was your intent?

But the irony in your approach it is YOU whom has become crazed and fanatical. Because one post to which no one replied is not “the clinic” and it’s not several people or a group.

You appear hell bent on portraying the Clinic in a light which is vastly similar to the way in which you are behaving.

Perhaps a mirror might be good for you. Take a good hard look. Because what you accuse others of you might just see your reflection coming back.

Take some time to think about it.
  • tailwindhome

Wow

You clearly wanted to give on the impression that everyone in the Clinic is fanatical and is saying that Nuetella was a masking agent.

You did this to show just how crazy the Clinic has become compared to yourself and those at BikeRadar forum, yes?

That was your intent?

But the irony in your approach it is YOU whom has become crazed and fanatical. Because one post to which no replied is not “the clinic” and it’s not several people or a group.

You appear hell bent on portraying the Clinic in a light which is vastly similar to the way in which you are behaving.

Perhaps a mirror might be good for you. Take a good hard look. Because what you accuse others of you might just see your reflection coming back.

Why are you trolling?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199

Wow

That was your intent?

But the irony in your approach it is YOU whom has become crazed and fanatical. Because one post to which no replied is not “the clinic” and it’s not several people or a group.

Why are you trolling?

Been trolling since the first post. "Its right that people on the Clinic ask questions". But they don't, they make statements and expect everyone to agree with them. :roll:

If everyone stops rising to the troll this post will die the death it needs. :!:
  • Wow! A typo.
    Clear proof that Walsh is no longer to be trusted and is in (insert publishing house of choice) pocket.

So now, not only do we have a Clinic 12, but a Bikerader half dozen.
    Consigned to cheap re-make territory before we start.
    Who's playing Lee Marvin? How about his brother, Hank. :P

He's a strange man.

Second reference, so I am one of those fanatics of whom you speak.
    For someone who talks about Walsh making schoolboy errors, you don't
    half make a load yourself.
    Comes from making assumptions all the time. Very hit or miss.
    In my case, another miss, I'm afraid.

I find Sky's approach to racing effective, but rather sterile.
    I do have some insight into how BC's machine works.
    Hence, I am a little fanatical about inconclusive or inaccurate assumptions being used to put rhetorical questions.

However, in the case of Walsh putting July instead of June into text.
    Given the month most commonly associated with the Tour, what conclusion would you like us to draw from this two letter error?
    Mine would be that whoever proof read the book, doesn't follow road racing.

Thanks for the reply.

You say you have "insight"? Care to elaborate?

As I'd like to know about the training techniques Kerrison/Sky uses.

Yates suggests there no one at Sky who knows about bike riding.

But I'd like to know a lot more about what they're doing to race so strong and so hard. And for the most part most successfully.

Whatever they do. It works. And works well.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

He said he had insight into British Cycling, not Sky. And he does. Most regulars on here know how.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:

He said he had insight into British Cycling, not Sky. And he does. Most regulars on here know how.

Thanks. But I'll wait for the answer. I don't appear to be part of "the regulars".

I'd like to know.
This discussion has been closed.