Returned goods being sold as new...?

13»

Comments

• nigelgos wrote:
    Can anyone 100% confirm that I should have had the spacers come with this set? From what I can tell I should have had a 1mm and a 1.85mm. I'm fitting a 9 speed cassette but in the new year (if I've been a good boy) I should be fitting a new 10 speed.

Only the 1.85, the 1 mm one comes with a 10 speed cassette and you don't need it for 9 speed.
    Listen... you are making a big fuss for nothing... anything which is roughly that width will work, for instance you can get hold of 2 x 1 mm Shimano spacers and they will do just fine (0.15 mm difference is nothing). Once you upgrade to 10 speed, you can use one of the spacers between the sprockets of your current 9 speed cassette. Those are 2.6 mm and will do just fine as a replacement for the 1.85 + 1 mm spacers
    left the forum March 2023
  • nigelgos
    nigelgos Posts: 128
    Only the 1.85, the 1 mm one comes with a 10 speed cassette and you don't need it for 9 speed.
    Listen... you are making a big fuss for nothing... anything which is roughly that width will work, for instance you can get hold of 2 x 1 mm Shimano spacers and they will do just fine (0.15 mm difference is nothing). Once you upgrade to 10 speed, you can use one of the spacers between the sprockets of your current 9 speed cassette. Those are 2.6 mm and will do just fine as a replacement for the 1.85 + 1 mm spacers

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I'm making a big fuss...? Though I think this thread has escalated into a big fuss :mrgreen: It's not unreasonable to expect new items to be complete and ready to use, I shouldn't have to shell out any more (even £2) just because the 'new' item was missing a part.

With regards to selling returned goods... if it's a factory sealed item I'd prefer the item to still be sealed but as long as there is no damage and it's been repacked well then I'm not going to go to the effot of sending the thing back.

The wheelset cost me ~£130 so quite a bargain I think - it's a shame they are looking at me in my dining room and not on my bike.