The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,128
    I'm not saying anything until after the Manure game tonight, except Chelski are shyte - "Leader John Terry" banners; yeah?! Right.
    Should have bought Aguero instead of Costa packet for the FF team.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,778
    I think I'll have to cheer on Manure today, if only to p1ss of City Boy if they go top :P

I can respect that. The way Chelsea are imploding, I guess you have to take comfort wherever you can :wink:
    All City need is another little 'blip' like your last one and you'll have lost as many as we have this season. Knowing how inconsistent City are, it cant be far off :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I'm not saying anything until after the Manure game tonight, except Chelski are shyte - "Leader John Terry" banners; yeah?! Right.
    Should have bought Aguero instead of Costa packet for the FF team.
    And you still can't beat us in the League, so not sure what that makes The Ar5e :D

Just remind me who the great leader is in the Arsenal squad? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    I think I'll have to cheer on Manure today, if only to p1ss of City Boy if they go top :P

I can respect that. The way Chelsea are imploding, I guess you have to take comfort wherever you can :wink:
    All City need is another little 'blip' like your last one and you'll have lost as many as we have this season. Knowing how inconsistent City are, it cant be far off :)

I'll give you that one mate. I have to admit Chelsea have been far more consistent than City this season.
    Long may it continue :lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666

I'll give you that one mate. I have to admit Chelsea have been far more consistent than City this season.
    Too true unfortunately :( We'll be back...
  • I think I'll have to cheer on Manure today, if only to p1ss of City Boy if they go top :P

Too true unfortunately :( We'll be back...

I didn't catch the highlights. Were they booing morinho, the team, or both? Quite surreal...
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • pinno
    I'd say based on Manyoo's performance today that we could do one on them a week Sunday. Sanchez back on form and Walcott looking cool in front of goal so far...
    Is it me, or are Arsenal taking a bit more of a direct route because of Walcott's pace as opposed to Giroud?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Well the derby was fairly meh, lack of passion with the lack of scousers. Probably made it a better game.

I wonder if the physio will stay with Rodgers now he isn't the boss. If she doens't his ex wife will be laughing.

Bit unsure of why now, except he doesn't back himself and now Klopp is on the market (as well as Ancelotti). I'd have taken Klopp in the summer but now he cant build his team I am not sure but hey ho, always fun to watch the show.

Btw Chelsea won the league yday, but that was the women.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Well the derby was fairly meh, lack of passion with the lack of scousers. Probably made it a better game.

I wonder if the physio will stay with Rodgers now he isn't the boss. If she doens't his ex wife will be laughing.

Bit unsure of why now, except he doesn't back himself and now Klopp is on the market (as well as Ancelotti). I'd have taken Klopp in the summer but now he cant build his team I am not sure but hey ho, always fun to watch the show.

Btw Chelsea won the league yday, but that was the women.
    Championes, championes :D Although if Arsenal win the PL, you could argue that their womens team won.

Liverpool - either of those possible replacements is better than Rodgers IMO. Pity he was sacked :wink: But it will take time to sort things out whoever comes in.

@Turbo Tommy - don't know who they were booing, couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD :(
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,636
    Fair play to Stevo for still posting in this thread in what must be a difficult time.

Cornerblock must be on holiday again.....

And before he asks, Wimbledon :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Fair play to Stevo for still posting in this thread in what must be a difficult time.

Nope, although gawd knows I could do with one! Actually to be perfectly honest in a strange kind of way I'm not too bothered about the terrible start to the season. I'm obviously as puzzled as most as to how a group of players with so much ability can suddenly perform so crap. However there is a bit of me that is intrigued to see how Jose sorts it out. (or doesn't :wink:) I have a feeling that he'll have the last laugh on all you enjoying a touch of schadenfreude. As for those wishing to keep him in place à la David Moyes, careful what you wish for.

I'm of a generation and time where I still do not feel entitled to win something every season, a bit like a modern day Arsenal fan I suppose! :D So if there is anything positive to come out of this terrible run hopefully it's shaking off the JCL's and the football tourists. Judging by some of those leaving early on Saturday it's already working. Mind you still not as many who bailed early from the Emirates instead of cheering their team off after beating United. How must that feel as a player? They must have thought the applause had started well before the final whistle, only to realise it was the sound of thousands of seats flipping back.

Anyway I must go, the Kuoni brochure has arrived.
  • pinno
    Mourinho is still there and any notion of him going is just that: a notion. However, Mr Rodgers was given his marching orders.
    His appointment never sat easy with me. I thought that there may be a point in the future that he would develop into a top class manager but he didn't. The managers that do well at any level have a certain 'presence'. BR never had that presence.
    I do get the feeling that LFC have expectations which don't seem to be backed by new foundations and just because they are LFC they have expectations... I can see them being in the doldrums for a long time.
    Odd that neither Lambert or Rodgers succeeded at a higher level given their start but then - were they given their respective jobs too hastily?
  • He definitely had ups and downs...

I thought he had good ideas at times. And then he bought balotelli and basically flushed his principles down the toilet in my opinion. Arguably unlucky with injuries?

I'd like to see him given a chance at another club. Arsenal perhaps? :D
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666

Which one? Not that it makes much difference :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Regarding Rodgers. I felt it was harsh to sack him. After Stoke I could have understood.
    I guess the lack of anything happening in the last 7 games was an issue, his uncertainty at tactics (didnt back himself) and possibly his man management all cost him, throw in that the manager merry go round may start soon, best to get Klopp or Carlo in now if you can.

he had 3 and a bit seasons. pretty mixed bag with an exceptional 2nd half to season two but helped by having a world class player. Not easy to replace but never went like for like. Didnt even get close to a terrier, someone who chased and made. I don't believe Sterling was that big a loss, he looked his best only when we were chasing the game down with Saurez imo. Not saying the kid isnt talented but that doesnt mean he will come great.

Hell of a blitz by arsenal but the second half was lack lustre, but Schwar looked lost, Neville was angry on the commentary. Jose will come good but he is breaking apart from within. As CB said how do such class players become so average/disjointed?

Feel sorry for whoever takes on Sunderland (and later newcastle). Palace and Saints still doing better than I would have expected. Half expect to seen Mane gone in January

Enjoyed seeing Henry put his hand on Carra, wasnt sure if Carra's face was due to the touch or the news.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Regarding Rodgers. I felt it was harsh to sack him.

On what basis? He's had three seasons, spent £300m, hasn't lost anything like as many players as Saints, signed a ridiculous number of poor players (and some good ones which have gone to rat-shit under his regime), won nothing and embarrassed himself with his pseudo-intellectual ramblings and tactical nonsense (how easy they were unpicked when everyone realised that 3-5-2 is actually quite easy to play against - and yet he went back to it.........). He was lucky to last as long as he did. I never thought I'd hear the Liverpool situation summed up as eloquently and accurately by someone as red as Jamie Carragher though!

In the meantime I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't think Saints and Palace would do ok. Both are well run clubs with excellent managers, settled backroom staff, that scout pretty well and make it easy for new players to fit in (just as well in Saints case!).

And yes, we may well struggle to keep hold of Mane. But there'll be a plan in place for that eventuality ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,636

Which difficult time or which Wimbledon? I had a season ticket at plough lane before they shared with palace. A little piece of my died when they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes. MK Dons are not Wimbledon. I'll take more interest in AFC Wimbledon if something can be done with the dog track.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666

Which difficult time or which Wimbledon? I had a season ticket at plough lane before they shared with palace. A little piece of my died when they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes. MK Dons are not Wimbledon. I'll take more interest in AFC Wimbledon if something can be done with the dog track.
    Which Wimbledon. Both crap so makes no odds :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    :)

12109018_912650732105156_7698187321574510467_n.jpg?oh=11f7616f7d4e7e32b26f8b286aae8f23&oe=56A3EDD1
  • Flâneur

On what basis? ...

And yes, we may well struggle to keep hold of Mane. But there'll be a plan in place for that eventuality ;)

Harsh because it was 7 games in, he isn't a million miles from 4th in the league right now. The rest of my spiel gives reasons as to why I am not bitter, angry or disagree with his sacking. I do believe the committee as it is called is a nightmare, but such is life, there is always someone above you in the pecking order.

Hey Stevo, thanks for propping up the league with that team of yours with a top team ;0
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • lostboysaint

On what basis? ...

Harsh because it was 7 games in, he isn't a million miles from 4th in the league right now. The rest of my spiel gives reasons as to why I am not bitter, angry or disagree with his sacking. I do believe the committee as it is called is a nightmare, but such is life, there is always someone above you in the pecking order.

Hey Stevo, thanks for propping up the league with that team of yours with a top team ;0

But he's not seven games in, he's three seasons in and there's absolutely no signs of improvement despite massive investment.

As for this "committee" bollocks, any club in it's right mind will have a management team that decides on what and then who is required (the who will have been sorted by a player recruitment department) and there will be a list of potential appointments. The manager will, and should, have an influence, but the greater importance has to be the overall goals and direction of the club - it's ridiculous to think that one person could, in the space of three years, change the playing staff to suit "his way" and then when it hasn't worked be removed. The manager himself (for it will be a him!) should be appointed on the basis of fitting an overall club vision, not on a "one man is going to lead us......." ideal that the media, and the football fan, seem to think is nirvana.

Oh, and if we're honest, they wouldn't be as close if it wasn't for some spectacularly inept officiating at their first home game! (Some things just DON'T change at Anfield!)
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    12096105_912908992079330_1494454348833272066_n.jpg?oh=cf6bdf3d3045af3225141e8f48079e36&oe=5687CBF9&__gda__=1452326343_184cc1a8f939de0c49b4b5503aa58ff9
  • Stevo_666
    Update :)

12088590_913901435313419_8947506491385188176_n.jpg?oh=b13c5a0fc190e49eeac4e93f3c2436b2&oe=568A107F&__gda__=1456567050_553c18ef21b140e40d1b9c0d5d041d45

12108841_914025921967637_6321361874060212232_n.jpg?oh=095e56cb8f87e04ec138b39750395468&oe=56A05D7C

12140666_913791078657788_8508642947695720985_n.jpg?oh=69504f7a17658436c9c5f53c93205ae3&oe=56CEAACE
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    not sure I agree with the look-a-like one.

I predict he will get through his first weekend as Liverpool manager without them losing! same goes for Chelsea this weekend
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    And it starts again, I wonder if Chelsea will win so Stevo can talk about his own club for a change? He is very Jose with the deflection when propping up the table?

Anyway I expect to see an exciting Liverpool but ultimately a loss. Bit like a night out followed by the morning after with orange bed sheets.

I expect Stevo to return to his gloating self and city boy to be manning the barricades from the jackals as city struggle. Raheem isn't going to cut it for you this weekend.

Could do with Everton taking some points but lets call it a score draw.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • lostboysaint
    And it starts again, I wonder if Chelsea will win so Stevo can talk about his own club for a change?

'Boro?

Oh, sorry, you mean his other club. ;)
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pinno
    Seen as some ex-council, 2 bedroom flats are going for £1.2m in Chelsea, wouldn't it be better to demolish Stamford Bridge and make it into a Polo arena?
  • Stevo_666
    I expect Stevo to return to his gloating self and city boy to be manning the barricades from the jackals as city struggle. Raheem isn't going to cut it for you this weekend.
    We can all hope, eh.

Let's see if 'Klippity' makes a difference to Merseyside's second best team this weekend :wink:
  • I expect Stevo to return to his gloating self and city boy to be manning the barricades from the jackals as city struggle. Raheem isn't going to cut it for you this weekend.
    We can all hope, eh.

Let's see if 'Klippity' makes a difference to Merseyside's second best team this weekend :wink:

Ahem - aren't you forgetting about Tranmere Rovers and Marine FC?
  • Stevo_666
    We can all hope, eh.

Ahem - aren't you forgetting about Tranmere Rovers and Marine FC?
    :lol: And South Liverpool.