The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    slowmart said:

I’m feeling Wolves will get a favourable result tonight ......

Let's see what odds we can get at the bookies.

Unless by 'favourable' you mean losing by less than a 5 goal margin? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Phew - bullet dodged
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

I’m feeling Wolves will get a favourable result tonight ......

:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    tlw1 said:

Phew - bullet dodged

Think of it like this:

Given a win against Hassenpfefeferers boys at Anflield on the 1st of Feb, mathematically, if Liverpool maintain their gap at 19 points, the league will be won at the end of game week 32.
    Therefore, after Southampton, you've only got 8 games left.
    You also have a game in hand on City.
    If City loose 1 game in the next 7, you'll have mathematically won the league at the end of week 31. So you've only got 7 games left.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Phew - bullet dodged

Think of it like this:

Given a win against Hassenpfefeferers boys at Anflield on the 1st of Feb, mathematically, if Liverpool maintain their gap at 19 points, the league will be won at the end of game week 32.
    If City loose 1 game in the next 7, you'll have mathematically won the league at the end of week 31. So you've only got 7 games left.
    Previous form says we can fuck it up still
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    edited January 2020
    Despite the result that was a cracking game- the difference in points between the two clubs wasn’t evident on the pitch but Liverpool’s forward line is currently the best in the world.

On present form I’m hopeful we can compete for a Champions League place ....

Spurs and Chelski are floundering with poor old Frank looking out of his depth and the ordinary one is too busy making adverts for a bookies with both clubs unwilling or unable to dip into the transfer market to strengthen squad weaknesses due to injury or players not being up the job

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Phew - bullet dodged

Think of it like this:

Previous form says we can censored it up still
    Saying it's Liverpool's to lose is stating the bleedin' obvious.

If junior goes there to study I only gave her two conditions:
    1. Don't pick up the accent
    2. Don' t start following the bloody footy team.

• Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

On present form I’m hopeful we can compete for a Champions League place ....

Well worded. Any team in the PL can compete for a CL place: whether you have a hope in hell of getting one is another matter ;)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Stevo_666 said:

Saying it's Liverpool's to lose is stating the bleedin' obvious.

If junior goes there to study I only gave her two conditions:
    1. Don't pick up the accent
    2. Don' t start following the bloody footy team.

2. Could be worse, could start following the blue lot.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

What, Shrewsbury? :)

Well done to plucky little Liverpool for keeping the mighty Shrews at bay.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Conflicting feelings - but great for Shrewsbury
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Fair play to them. They can roll our kids over in the replay and keep the cash cow grazing.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Longshot
    More importantly, a very reliable source at LFC has stated today that VDV is on his way in the summer.

• pinno
    Of the bottom half pf the PL and Championship clashes, there was very little between them.
  • tlw1
    Yeah - finishing line is getting closer and looks like I’ve got tickets for Tuesdays game.
  • tlw1
    Feck, getting closer
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

censored , getting closer

Win the next 6 and you're there.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Yeah - finishing line is getting closer and looks like I’ve got tickets for Tuesdays game.

Maybe you can jinx if for them? Otherwise this season is getting a bit boring...
  • Longshot
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Maybe you can jinx if for them? Otherwise this season is getting a bit boring...
    Good!

Chelsea are closer to relegation than winning the league so your best bet to avoid boredom is throw a few games and then have a good relegation scrap with Norwich et al.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Top of the Championship is looking interesting now that West Brom and Chokers Leeds have suddenly fallen off a cliff. Top 6 is a genuine promotion fight now. For my lot (Reading) I'm actually looking forward to mid-table mediocrity for once.
  • pinno
    Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Good!

Chelsea are closer to relegation than winning the league so your best bet to avoid boredom is throw a few games and then have a good relegation scrap with Norwich et al.
    Yep, 10pts between 4th and 13th or summat like that.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2020
    Its really not Shity's season:
    https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51510284

Serves the ****ers right for cheating :) Although to be fair, it won't affect their number of European trophies :D
  • pinno
    But does that mean they are out of the current CL season?
  • pinno
    Maybe that's what's been hanging over Pep. There was a rumour that he wanted to up sticks.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

But does that mean they are out of the current CL season?

Not sure, but it won't make any difference either way.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    I now hope they win it this season.

Beside that Sheff Utd might qualify now. Arguably a bigger 'thing' than Leicester winning the league.
  • Stevo_666
    motogull said:

I now hope they win it this season.

Beside that Sheff Utd might qualify now. Arguably a bigger 'thing' than Leicester winning the league.

It would be a biggie.

Although I still don't want City to win the CL this season. I prefer to keep the exclusivity of the group of clubs that have won the PL and the CL :)
  • Stevo_666
  • Stevo_666
    Spuds got mashed again - a bit like Azpilicueta's leg...
  • pinno
    Spuds chomped by Wolves.
    Yesterday's matches bar Liverpool - Watford were so booooring, I struggled to stay awake.
    It's all very well the Scousers running away with it but it's dull.