The Friday night christ i'm f.ucking bored thread...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Sounds like a good day Stevo, uplift or no uplift :lol:
    Yep, a great day out Arran and lots of UPLIFT in a van that took me to the top of the hill 9 times. I think you should come along next time as well :mrgreen:

Sounds like a plan - wonder if any Scottish members would fancy a go?
    Scottish 'members' are more than welcome to have a go if they think they're man enough to go downhilling. I'll even lend them a bike so they don't have to pay for one.

Join The Dark Side...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thanks to this
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12959430

I spent my Friday night on 'Mumsnet'
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Yep, a great day out Arran and lots of UPLIFT in a van that took me to the top of the hill 9 times. I think you should come along next time as well :mrgreen:

Scottish 'members' are more than welcome to have a go if they think they're man enough to go downhilling. I'll even lend them a bike so they don't have to pay for one.

Join The Dark Side...

Good idea, a Bottom Bracket day out to do some real riding :wink:

Get the womble to come and you've got the full set :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Slept through it...
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Join The Dark Side...

We have a plan - getting Pinno and Uncle Bulgaria to go downhilling would be worth it for the comedy factor alone :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Join The Dark Side...

We have a plan - getting Pinno and Uncle Bulgaria to go downhilling would be worth it for the comedy factor alone :P

I'd pay good money to see that :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Christ, what a bloody racket. Can't you keep the noise down?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stop changing the subject - are you coming downhilling or are you a yellow chicken? :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stop changing the subject - are you coming downhilling or are you a yellow chicken? :wink:

No I am not going 'downhilling' you muppet.

See if you can hit 61mph on the main Beachy Head road into Eastbourne and then call me a yellow chicken.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

See if you can hit 61mph on the main Beachy Head road into Eastbourne and then call me a yellow chicken.

You protest too much and what has you trying to commit suicide got to do with it :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yellow chicken :)

PS it 's not my fault road bikes have sh1t brakes.
  • pinno
    It was wind assisted. (Probably something to do with the Doner I had from the 'Minute Man' grill the previous night). TBH, I ran my gear out (52x11) in the 150 yards with the wind on my back. S Prior at Pheonix cycles said that there was a fault with the then Avocet 30 which froze at 66mph. He said if anyone can do it, he would upgrade them free to an Avocet 40. I hit a manhole cover (there were 3 of them) at the small 'S' before the traffic lights and somehow stayed on. After that, I decided that this wasn't a good idea.
    Someone did do it, christ I tried but never managed.

Back OT: WTF has all this got to do with being square and in on Friday night?
  • Stevo_666
    Back OT: WTF has all this got to do with being square and in on Friday night?
    Not a lot but this is BB so we're off topic anyway. We were just after a bite and we got one :wink:

So, back to chickens...
  • pinno
    WTF is this bollox?:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If you're pepared to consider German mail order (thats not your usual mail order stuff is it Stevo?...and whats this fascination with everything German?!?) then this could be a good choice. A couple of hundred more than your first three options but it has carbon forks, carbon seat post and decent Shimano 105 level transmission:
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-dx-2000-2014/aid:670185

When I replace my commuter hack, it will be most likely with something like this, though I'll probably fork out for hydraulic disc brakes (yep, you need disc brakes 'cos your fat from getting lifts all the time) - my current commuter has these and they are great.
  • Stevo_666
    Cluck cluck cluck

And WTF are you doing looking in the sensible sections of the forum? I'm just trying to bring roadie luddites into the 21st century and the wonderful new fangled technology called disc brakes that we MTB'ers have enjoyed for a couple of decades.

PS: I know I'm fat, 72kg is ferkin lardy. But that includes a pair of bollox :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Oh dear, Stevo could make me look fat. Unless he's ony 5' tall. Discs are great Piña because you can stop even when the sky is leaking wet stuff.
    And yes, it is possible to ride a bike in the rain.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh dear, Stevo could make me look fat. Unless he's ony 5' tall. Discs are great Piña because you can stop even when the sky is leaking wet stuff.
    I'm 5'10" but Pinno will never believe me anyway :)

And discs saved my bacon again tonight in the wet when I narrowly avoided getting plastered onto the back of a van that slammed the anchors on.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

And discs saved my bacon again tonight in the wet when I narrowly avoided getting plastered onto the back of a van that slammed the anchors on.

I told that man to take the brake light bulbs out. If you want a job done properly...

I am 64kg's, never had a problem with road brakes. Guess if I was communting, it might be a different matter.
    I had an old Singer with bar brakes for getting to College and back. That was one hairy piece of scaffolding. Mind you, it was heavier than me.
  • Stevo_666
    I am 64kg's, never had a problem with road brakes.
    That's cos you're a skinny runt. Do you have to walk around in the shower to get wet? :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    TheEPO's station hack has old chrome rims and awful brakes. I swear it accelerates if you try and brake in the wet. Piña you need to eat more. 81kg, but 6'2".
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

was it a black transit travelling south from Scotland?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's cos you're a skinny runt. Do you have to walk around in the shower to get wet? :)

I'm 5'8". The only thing i can do is climb and I am not so good at that anymore. That's the difference between you and me; i want to go up hills and you need lifts in vans. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm 5'8". The only thing i can do is climb and I am not so good at that anymore. That's the difference between you and me; i want to go up hills and you need lifts in vans. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

A lift in a van you say, that's one hell of a van :shock:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A lift in a van you say, that's one hell of a van :shock:

Vtech could help the lardy 4rse in that respect.
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

was it a black transit travelling south from Scotland?
    Funny you should mention that...I guess he hasn't got much choice as he's unlikely to be kicking sand in my face :P
  • Mikey23
    ...is nearly upon us once again. Preparations are being made as we speak....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mikey23 wrote:
    ...is nearly upon us once again. Preparations are being made as we speak....

Tin of cocoa and an extra pinta for me. :wink:
  • Mikey23
    There is such a lot of planning goes into blobbing on the settee, sorting out the alcohol and the vacuous telly. Doesn't just happen by chance now does it...
  • arran77
    Bit premature weren't we chaps :shock:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    Bit premature weren't we chaps :shock:

S s s sorry!
    It's never happened to me before. :wink: