CAAD10 vs. SuperSix EVO

13»

Comments

• BuddhaUK wrote:
    Decided to go for a CAAD10 Ultegra (I think!). Well within budget, light, and potential to upgrade components if needed.

The two colourways I like are:
    2013 version (I believe) in black and raw aluminium - but can't seem to find for sale anywhere?
    Cadd10_Ultegra_Colour2.jpg

And 2014 version in full anodized black - which have only seen here http://www.thebikeshop.de/epages/62303450.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62303450/Products/CAY4C103BLA/SubProducts/CAY4C103BLA&Locale=en_GB

Does anyone know where I can pick up the 2013 version in black/raw? Also any UK shops selling the 2014 version in that colourway?
    That raw aluminium looks very good in the flesh. Cadence Cycles in Bath had a couple

It doesn't seem that they sell their products online which is a shame

I'm size 58 frame, so if anyone sees either colourways in that size please let me know :)

I can only find 2013 and 2014 models in black & white or Liquigas colours (oh and Black Inc).
  • Good to see you're going to join the 'cult of Caad' Buddha :)

The raw Alu/black version is only a 2013 model. So no 2014 release in that colour scheme.
    Think it's going to be hard to find one now at this stage of the game , as new 2014 versions are out and 2013 models are down to last stock.

As I said the anodized black ultegra 2014 Caad is not being sold here as a finished bike here in the U.K.
    CSG (Cannondale Dist) and all the shops I spoke with confirmed this.

Someone has pointed out the anodized black ultegra 2014 Caad frame is available via Westbrooks , so you could build your own and spec it . May end up costing a bit more than off the shelf , but could turn out to be a really cool build and personal. Could be the way to go if you've got a good LBS or mechanic locally or go down the import route as I mentioned before.
  • Ah I thought you were talking about the Black Inc. not being available in the UK this year.

Don't think I really fancy building the whole bike, mainly due to cost. If I can't find the 2013 Black/Raw anywhere, I will go for the 2014 Anodized Black!

Looking forward to being a member of the cult of CAAD :)
  • BuddhaUK wrote:
    Ah I thought you were talking about the Black Inc. not being available in the UK this year.

Don't think I really fancy building the whole bike, mainly due to cost. If I can't find the 2013 Black/Raw anywhere, I will go for the 2014 Anodized Black!

Looking forward to being a member of the cult of CAAD :)

Yes both Black Inc and Ultegra 2014 not available in U.K
    That's what lead me to Germany on my search.

Think you're going to have to import a Black Ultegra 2014 as the black/raw 2013 version will be hard to find new now.

The up side of importing a 2014 Ultegra is you get it cheaper than if you had of bought a 2013 Black/Raw new.
    Plus one more Gear 11 speed V 10 speed 2013 model.

Check out bikeshop.de as i said, get a quote from them and also maybe give Bike24.com a nudge.
    Haven't bought anything from them , but seem to be cool too.
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=62266;page=1;menu=1000,173,157;mid=106;pgc=13596:13598
  • So I emailed thebikeshop.de and received a quick response with a personal offer for the CAAD10 Ultegra 2014 -http://www.thebikeshop.de/epages/62303450.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62303450/Products/CAY4C103BLA/SubProducts/CAY4C103BLA.

The listed price is 1,899EUR, and they gave me a personal offer of 1,659EUR (with free delivery to the UK)! So that works out around £1,400 which seems like a great price! Around the same price as the 2014 CAAD10 105 is available for in the UK. They also offered a further 3% off if I transferred the money over - so around £1,360 delivered. Very, very, very tempted!

I actually think the Black/Raw 2013 version is the 105 frame colourway. I haven't had any luck finding one online in my size...so Black Ultegra it will most likely be!
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Don't know if this is any help - apparently full warranty on all bikes (even though they are second hand:

http://www.free-motion.net/en/shop/roadbike-used-sale

BBQ is all black I think.
  • Thanks for the link - but want to buy new :)

I now have my heart set on the 2014 CAAD10 Ultegra (in black):

Think I will upgrade the wheels maybe to something like the Mavic Ksyrium SLR:
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    edited November 2013
    2013 Raw/BBQ was never officially released in the UK/Ireland. Some were available, frame only, from Westbrook, Dave Kanes and a few others, but the standard UK colour was Black/White for Ultegra

I almost bought a frame myself, too, had a deposit on it, but some beggar stole my general purpose/Commuter bike (A Bad Boy) so I compromised to a Synapse Alloy for practicality. For the record, 5,500 km in and BB30 has given nary a gripe.
  • Westbrooks have the black CAAD10 in a frame only for £799. Pre-order but it looks like the anodised version.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Thanks for the heads up - but think it's a lot more cost effective to pay £560 more and get the full build, and then I can change/upgrade things if needed.