Anyone been to the Fat Duck?

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I can't believe you are even debating. Go. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO!
    Should have said something more on topic earlier, but this kind of makes the point.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    Don't see the appeal of that type of cooking to be honest....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • team47b wrote:
    You should all be ashamed you fat fcucks :shock:

ie...
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/disposse ... 21114.html
    There's a simple solution.

The other day Tesco announced how much food waste they produced in the first half of this year. If Tesco replace the bins at the back of their stores with troughs and benches then the kids can eat to their heart's content and less food gets wasted.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    team47b wrote:

ie...

The other day Tesco announced how much food waste they produced in the first half of this year. If Tesco replace the bins at the back of their stores with troughs and benches then the kids can eat to their heart's content and less food gets wasted.

I heard the story was Tesco throws away two thirds of its bagged salads. Clearly none of the managers at Tesco have actually looked at the majority of people who shop there and thought 'hmmn, they aren't here to buy salad.'
  • team47b wrote:

ie...

I heard the story was Tesco throws away two thirds of its bagged salads. Clearly none of the managers at Tesco have actually looked at the majority of people who shop there and thought 'hmmn, they aren't here to buy salad.'

Not us New Malden folke, our Tesco superstore sells more fresh fruit and veg than any other Tesco store in the country.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • team47b wrote:

ie...

Personally I would ban bags of salad... they are a complete rip off in terms of what you get for your money (price per Kg is probably in excess of that of fillet steak and probably 80% of the stuff ends up in a bin. If you want to eat salad get some proper stuff, that lasts longer and costs a fraction of the price.
    The other day I bought a few bunches of spinach from an asian superstore in Southall for 25 pence each... once you stir fry them you get from each 3 times as many spinach as you get from a Tesco bag that costs 1.99... so that's 12 times the price
    left the forum March 2023
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Had my lunch at the Fat Duck yesterday.

Decided to go with an open mind and try everything, given my hostess's generosity. Wavered a little when they brought out this appetiser - beetroot macaroon (don't like beetroot) with horseradish (don't like horseradish).
    Then my friend's husband decided we'd have the wine flight which cost another £139pp, and I just thought - I need to eat every single thing they put in front of me, whether I like it or not, because I can't look ungrateful.

So, the beetroot macaroon was lovely, and so was everything else. I don't think there was anything that this fussy eater didn't like. The snail porridge was possibly one of my favourites which surprised me. The best one was a dessert like a bunch of grapes, but wasn't. I drank champagne and eight different types of wine, and then got a very late train home because some woman had got stuck on a level crossing and her car got hit but she's ok.

Weirdly, (and I know I didn't pay) I thought it was pretty good value compared to somewhere like the River Café who charged me nearly 50 quid for three scallops, four cherry tomatoes and a tablespoon of cannellini beans.

I had a lovely time and thank you all for your eating and drinking advice :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    everyone that has gone has said its expensive BUT its worth the money.
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    msmancunia wrote:
    dessert like a bunch of grapes, but wasn't.

Too much cycling causes that
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon