Anyone been to the Fat Duck?

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    You lot never fail to surprise me on how you can drag an innocent post about a restaurant into the gutter. (EKE it took me a while to get yours on the first page...!). You do make me laugh though.

Ok. I'm going to do what several of you suggested and go with an open mind, and eat everything. Not sure whether to drive or train so I can drink yet - if, as hinted, I'm not going to leave until 5ish, then the train and all the changes will mean a very long day (7am to around 1030pm) and I think I can only get the one day off. However, Vermin's advice is also very good re the wine. But it's not until 12 Nov so I've got a while to decide yet.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    You lot never fail to surprise me on how you can drag an innocent post about a restaurant into the gutter. (EKE it took me a while to get yours on the first page...!). You do make me laugh though.
    Gutter? Moi?!

Just get it down your neck, girl, and savour the flavour!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    msmancunia wrote:
    Well I was expecting at least one forum member to come along and try to drag it back out of the gutter, but then I remembered where I got the idea from :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Gutter? I thought we were just talking about fancy eateries and a good nosh. I think MSM may well have a one track mind.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested a trip up The Oxo Tower as an alternative.

It's expensive and not very good for the money
    :lol:
    Such innocence is always funny.

I chose to ignore that particular alleyway
    I've never heard it called that before.

will be using it though
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Well I was expecting at least one forum member to come along and try to drag it back out of the gutter, but then I remembered where I got the idea from :wink:
    :lol::mrgreen::lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    You should all be ashamed you fat fcucks :shock:

ie...
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/disposse ... 21114.html
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • daviesee
    team47b wrote:

ie...
    Thats what happens when you pave the roads with gold.

You cant plant anything in the mud anymore.
    It may be grim up north but at least we can grow stuff.
  • team47b
    ...and whilst I'm ranting...
    msmancunia wrote:
    Depends who's asking (and whether they can put up shelves, lay turf and fit a new shower...) :wink:

When did it become OK to reinforce gender stereotypes?

After all the fuss before can we post any offensive thing now as long as we add a wink :wink:

ps turf not rocket science - green side up :wink:
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Depends who's asking (and whether they can put up shelves, lay turf and fit a new shower...) :wink:

I think you'll find it's you who's inferred the gender there. You terrible misogynist.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I think you'll find it's you who's inferred the gender there. You terrible misogynist.
    Maybe those are the kind of jobs UE's freelance lesbian would undertake.
  • team47b
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You are right that I assumed the gender, as her other dates were with blokes I assumed she wanted a bloke to do blokey DIY jobs.

I apologise, of course it could equally be a woman that she is after now.

I could now be inferring misandry, or even philandry :roll:
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Veronese68 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

UE's got a pet lesbian army?!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    davis wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

UE's got a pet lesbian army?!
    I believe it's just the one and she's a fan of his.
  • msmancunia
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

After all the fuss before can we post any offensive thing now as long as we add a wink :wink:

ps turf not rocket science - green side up :wink:

I was actually taking the mickey out of my own DIY skills - shelves - done but not quite straight, turf - laid but not level, shower - well, the less said about that the better! Lets just say I had a angry one-woman wet t-shirt competition one afternoon....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    msmancunia wrote:
    I can't do things like eat meat and fruit in the same dish, or weird flavour combinations, or sweet and savoury together.

So if you were given a beef burger and it had a slice of tomato in it....?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • msmancunia
    team47b wrote:

ie...

And re this (above) yeah, I actually do feel guilty about it. I'm not paying for it, and to be honest, I'd never ever pay that much for a meal. Spending some time in India a few years ago completely changed my outlook on money.

But, I've been invited by a former boss, who is now a very good friend. She's had a big birthday, really loves nice restaurants, and wanted to take me to say thank you for being the Worlds Best PA and celebrate her 70th, and a late celebration for my 40th. Yes, I'm that old.

If it makes you feel any better, I do sponsor two little girls through a scheme called "It's because I'm a girl" overseas in the absence of having my own. It feeds, clothes and educates girls in countries where the only alternative is to get married at 14, work in the fields and have kids. Hopefully the two I sponsor may have be able to choose a different life.
  • msmancunia
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    I can't do things like eat meat and fruit in the same dish, or weird flavour combinations, or sweet and savoury together.

So if you were given a beef burger and it had a slice of tomato in it....?

I'd pick it out. I don't like raw tomato. I don't like the consistency of it. Cooked are ok though.

Told you I was a fussy eater.
  • team47b
    ...or aubergine (fruit) in your mousaka?
  • msmancunia
    team47b wrote:
    ...or aubergine (fruit) in your mousaka?

Ditto - I'd pick it out. I can't do pineapple on pizza, raisins in curry, or anything Chinese or Thai.

I have made this chocolate and aubergine cake though - it was awesome: http://hungryglutenfreevegetarian.wordp ... heartache/
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    msmancunia wrote:

Ditto - I'd pick it out. I can't do pineapple on pizza, raisins in curry
    That's because they are abhorrent and wrong in all the ways
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    team47b wrote:

ie...

I particularly like the links to the royal baby and macca stories next to it... pure gold

People spend their money as they want, having a nice meal doesn't make you fat, as sad as it is kids will always be starving all over the world people will always have money to spend..

Right I'm off to dine at an exclusive club

oh btw that bike you ride.. starving kids could have done with that money
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    team47b wrote:
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You are right that I assumed the gender, as her other dates were with blokes I assumed she wanted a bloke to do blokey DIY jobs.

I apologise, of course it could equally be a woman that she is after now.

I could now be inferring misandry, or even philandry :roll:

i fancy dating a hermaphrodite

surely everybody wins that way?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • daviesee
    davis wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You must improve team47b and become a better misogynist. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    In the interests of equality we also need to think about this from the point of view of MsManc's ever so generous date. If you were on a fifth date and shelling out the equivalent of the Gross National Product of a small third world nation on lunch, what would you expect to get out of the deal? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • msmancunia
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In the interests of equality we also need to think about this from the point of view of MsManc's ever so generous date. If you were on a fourth date and shelling out the equivalent of the Gross National Product of a small third world nation on lunch, what would you expect to get out of the deal? :)

But it's not a date! She's a mate! And she's getting a very nice pair of Tiffany earrings for her birthday thank you very much!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I can't believe you are even debating. Go. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO!
  • Stevo_666
    msmancunia wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In the interests of equality we also need to think about this from the point of view of MsManc's ever so generous date. If you were on a fourth date and shelling out the equivalent of the Gross National Product of a small third world nation on lunch, what would you expect to get out of the deal? :)

But it's not a date! She's a mate! And she's getting a very nice pair of Tiffany earrings for her birthday thank you very much!
    Well that'll teach to read the whole thread in future :P

Like has been said above - go, enjoy. And take the train if you can so you can get trolleyed :)
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    what is the "fat duck" place then?

as a Neanderthal northerner, it sounds like a Chinese take away?

So it cant be that pricey, if its an early date an im trying to impress i might shell out on starters - you know flash the cash

but if its 4th or 5th she will get fried noodles an enjoy em

to be fair, 4th or 5th date you should have already hit a home run so you dont need to be lavish??

see i understand wimmim
    Keeping it classy since '83