Surviving a Zombie apocalypse?

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    FocusZing wrote:
    Yacht-Eclipse-3.jpg

V-Tech's safe then, maybe if we're nice to him he'll find room for us :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Arran aka Roger the Cabin Boy.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

That's an urban myth, it's Tom the Cabin Boy :P

But if we're sticking to the urban myths I'm more of a Master Bates :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Beware of Seaman Staines then.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Well and Pugwash for that matter :shock:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Well and Pugwash for that matter :shock:

Never mind Arran, you would soon get your turn in the barrel. :shock: :shock:
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Christ! I think I will let the zombies get me, rather than step aboard the sexual innuendo boat.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    If I were a Zombie, i'd eat Wombles.(literally).
    :oops:

I think you'd be safe from the brain eating Zombies hollow head.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    FocusZing wrote:
    Christ! I think I will let the zombies get me, rather than step aboard the sexual innuendo boat.

Join the Navy!
    Rum, bum and baccy!
  • seanoconn
    FocusZing wrote:
    Don't give up FZ, the floating fortress is a great idea, as long as the hull is impossible to climb by submerged Zombies.

A cricket bat to the head will put a stop to any sexual innuendo.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Don't give up FZ, the floating fortress is a great idea, as long as the hull is impossible to climb by submerged Zombies.

:shock:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

:shock:
    It's for for the best arran.
  • ballysmate
    Ballysmate wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Join the Navy!
    Rum, bum and baccy!

A warning to all you who want to join Sean on his floating fortress, he doesn't drink nor smoke. :shock: :shock:
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Join the Navy!
    Rum, bum and baccy!

A warning to all you who want to join Sean on his floating fortress, he doesn't drink nor smoke. :shock: :shock:
    Just because I won't take my turn in the barrel, doesn't mean I don't drink :wink:
  • seanoconn
    Needs a little modification and Zombie proofing

B09619B2-7B24-48FA-A811-760C7E97DB51-1718-000002BA8F85AB9A_zps710a584a.jpg
  • ballysmate
    Some die hard cyclists would rather suffer at the hands of the zombies than ride such a bike. Not me though, I'm not proud.
    Hope you don't get chased up hill though. :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    seanoconn wrote:
    Needs a little modification and Zombie proofing

B09619B2-7B24-48FA-A811-760C7E97DB51-1718-000002BA8F85AB9A_zps710a584a.jpg

That is a proper cummunter machine.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • stwangely i read somewhere the other day that appawently zombies would only live for a few hours, as they are undead and there hearts arnt beating, vital functions couldnt be maintained, so heawing, seeing,etc would cease once ...oh fuck it i cant be arsed with continuing this post now with all the pugwash jokes used up. that said, there were episodes entitled: 'caught in the act' 'a shot across the bows' and 'sticky moments'.
  • The Zombie Survival Guide (well worth a read) recommends a bike (MTB preferred) or a horse as the best mode of transport should it all kick off with the shuffling hordes.

The best weapons are a machete, samurai sword, WW1 Trench spike (probably only available if you live next to the Imperial War Museum) and the gun of choice is the M1 Carbine.
  • seanoconn
    The Zombie Survival Guide (well worth a read) recommends a bike (MTB preferred) or a horse as the best mode of transport should it all kick off with the shuffling hordes.

The best weapons are a machete, samurai sword, WW1 Trench spike (probably only available if you live next to the Imperial War Museum) and the gun of choice is the M1 Carbine.
    Nice one :D

I'm liking the MTB option. Never needing petrol and avoiding getting chomped on while visiting a petrol station restroom, is a big plus. Horses would be able to bash through a crowd of Zombies but could quite easily get spooked and throw the rider.

An extra sharp, Hattori Hanzo samurai sword, now we're talking! :D

E8EBB55D-62FF-4FD0-BB40-5996E96A019E-1953-000002F6F63CF6A6_zps01c851c5.jpg

That's evil! :D

Right, I'm off to the War Museum, laters
  • Interestingly in Max Brooks’ follow up to the guide 'World War Z' (a trillion times better than the film) the UK comes off quite well compared to the rest of the world. We know how handle the moaners.

And FYI – Zombies can’t run!
  • FocusZing
    Interestingly in Max Brooks’ follow up to the guide 'World War Z' (a trillion times better than the film) the UK comes off quite well compared to the rest of the world. We know how handle the moaners.

Yes but they can ride a bike slowly, thus catching up with foot bound zombie evaders.

Zombie+1cc.jpg
  • A zombie peloton!

Zombie TDF - juice them up and watch them go!
  • arran77
    FocusZing wrote:
    Interestingly in Max Brooks’ follow up to the guide 'World War Z' (a trillion times better than the film) the UK comes off quite well compared to the rest of the world. We know how handle the moaners.

Yes but they can ride a bike slowly, thus catching up with foot bound zombie evaders.

Zombie+1cc.jpg

Feck me, is that the Crudcatchers monthly ride out :shock: :wink:

seanoconn
  • There's definitely a few variables for survival, first of all are they slow or fast zombies? You'll only get caught out by the slow ones through lack of preparation and stupidity, where as the fast ones, well, you may as well top yourself.

There was a guide I read once over about your chances of survival if a zombie apocalypse struck which wasn't about surviving zombies, but how the introduction of certain types of people could upset the balance of a successful survival group. If a good looking man/women joins, you'd get relationships forming with the chance of jealousy resulting in conflict. Introduce an intelligent person, older members of the group might not like having the second best ideas, or a strong leader character being introduced will upset the current alpha members of the group. All these things lead to potential conflict and the destruction of group cohesion. Essentially as long a you're pretty average at everything you'll do fine, but outliers aren't wanted.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • FocusZing
    Can you survive the zombie apocalypse?

If you see any zombies starting to attack just run, don't try and complete the test to see if you will survive, it takes a while.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    RonB wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    This'll do the job

Not sure about the cassette tape for a codpiece though :shock:

That's to play Ride of the Valkyries and scare the zombie mofos witless.
  • ballysmate
    It appears that we already have beasts walking amongst us. (Walthamstow)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -hair.html
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It appears that we already have beasts walking amongst us. (Walthamstow)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -hair.html

That's a bloke in drag :shock:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    FocusZing wrote:
    Can you survive the zombie apocalypse?

If you see any zombies starting to attack just run, don't try and complete the test to see if you will survive, it takes a while.
    83.2% survival prospect 8)