Homeland (no spoilers yet)

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I was really looking forward to this third series after thoroughly enjoying the first two. Have to admit it is a bit slow so far. I know a lot of the plot is inferred and much is supposed to have happened since the attack but my wife and I both thought we had missed an episode as there is such a void. It almost feels like a new programme.
    Not sure of the link between the gangsters and Carrie but I'm sure it will come out in the wash. Hopefully, it will pick up a bit, it's too good a programme to just fizzle out.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Similar comments were made during the first few episodes of Season 2.

I would bet on it picking up.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • My first season watching it properly having only caught half episodes here and there but the wife has persuaded me to watch Season 3 properly, disappointed so far.
  • daviesee
    My first season watching it properly having only caught half episodes here and there but the wife has persuaded me to watch Season 3 properly, disappointed so far.
    To complicated a storyline to dip in and out of.
    You either get fully immersed, or give up.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I think the long, slow, inexorable descent into their own personal hell is a brilliant device: Carrie deprived of her mind, Brody, stuck in a hole in the sky, his faith no longer believing in him. The pacing makes for uncomfortable viewing, even the tones in this episode were all greys, no colours (except for perky gangstress).
    We don't know what Carrie did for the gangsters that they would shield Brodie but is must have been something big.
    Still waiting for Ninja Pete to spring into ass-kicking action but maybe that is too obvious.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Not seen any of it. Looking forward to return of Boardwalk Empire this weekend though.
  • I'm still not sure how Brodie ended up in a sink estate in Wolverhampton.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    I'm still not sure how Brodie ended up in a sink estate in Wolverhampton.

I beg to differ - it is Brierley Hill.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Saw that coming a mile off 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    seanoconn wrote:

Show off. I missed that one along with 6th sense, although I did get the usual suspects long before the finish.
    I assume we're keeping scores!?
  • seanoconn
    morstar wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Show off. I missed that one along with 6th sense, although I did get the usual suspects long before the finish.
    Ok I lied. But I got the 6th sense really early, which spoiled the film and the usual suspects before the finish also :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    So what's the connection between the Iranian criminal who owns a football team and is embezzling money through it, and Venezuela ?
    Has Dana fallen in love with a proper psycho and is she in danger?
    Will Saul now protect Carrie now she has 'inside' access?
    Was it a little OTT storyline that Carrie got access to this Iranian Businessman bloke who is also the CIA's prime suspect?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    seanoconn wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ok I lied. But I got the 6th sense really early, which spoiled the film and the usual suspects before the finish also :D
    Ah, but did you guess the titanic?
  • daviesee
    So what's the connection between the Iranian criminal who owns a football team and is embezzling money through it, and Venezuela ?
    Was it a little OTT storyline that Carrie got access to this Iranian Businessman bloke who is also the CIA's prime suspect?
    A football tean in Venezuela?
    Yes.
    No.
    The plan.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    daviesee wrote:
    A football tean in Venezuela?
    Yes.
    No.
    The plan.

What plan? Surely we should have seen Saul and Carrie having a conversation about the plan before. Otherwise this show will turn into an Agatha Christie rip off with random things happening.
    Bring back the Wire.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • daviesee
    symo wrote:
    What plan? Surely we should have seen Saul and Carrie having a conversation about the plan before. Otherwise this show will turn into an Agatha Christie rip off with random things happening.
    Bring back the Wire.
    Now your getting the hang of it.
    It is called a plot surprise. The whole idea is that you are not supposed to know what is going to happen next. The reveal comes later.
    You may not like it, but your getting the hang of it.
  • MichaelW
    Homeland is in need of a Basil Exposition.
  • daviesee
    MichaelW wrote:
    Homeland is in need of a Basil Exposition.
    BOOM! BOOM!
  • seanoconn
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if it would effect the program/ viewing figures much, if the replaced Claire Danes (Carrie) with someone fitter and more likeable?
  • daviesee
    seanoconn wrote:
    I wonder if it would effect the program/ viewing figures much, if the replaced Claire Daines (Carrie) with someone fitter and more likeable?
    Probably.
    You have to concede that she does going nuts pretty well though.
    Though not pretty. :wink:
  • seanoconn
    daviesee wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I wonder if it would effect the program/ viewing figures much, if the replaced Claire Daines (Carrie) with someone fitter and more likeable?
    Probably.
    You have to concede that she does going nuts pretty well though.
    Though not pretty. :wink:
    I see what you mean.

"And the Emmy for most haunted, shadowy face, goes to... Claire Danes, for her portrayal of a nutty woman that used to look ok, (Romeo & Juilet) but doesn't anymore. "
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    She was fit enough in Stardust, which was made just before Homeland. Perhaps she's playing the "haunted, shadowy face" with help from the make up team. She's also playing a grown up version of her "My So Called Life" character (just to reference everything I've seen her in).
  • MichaelW
    It is well known that the best intelligence analysts are all total hotties. The same with police forensic technicians.
  • mrfpb
    MichaelW wrote:
    It is well known that the best intelligence analysts are all total hotties. The same with police forensic technicians.

http://media.zoom-cinema.fr/photos/1281 ... 30_q95.jpg

Yeah, right!
  • I didn't see it coming; so much so I was still thinking that she was being tricked, and she may well be. Waiting for him to be like, thanks for your help, back you go... ;)
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Putting the moralities aside for a second. I wish they had the balls to just kill off Dana Brody. I mean what the show needs is much much more of her not eating her din dins.
  • Might as well have killed off Brody himself for all the difference it's making at the moment.
  • Watched latest (US) epsiode last night - expecting next week's to go all Trainspotting...
  • mrfpb
    Anyone still sticking with it. I came close to not watching last night. I don't think I'll be watching series 4 if they bother making it.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    mrfpb wrote:
    Anyone still sticking with it. I came close to not watching last night. I don't think I'll be watching series 4 if they bother making it.

I just finished series 3... the second half of the series was excellent... the first half not so much; will be interesting to see where/if they go with series 4.