Homeland (no spoilers yet)

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,088
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
My suspicion was that Saul had something to do with the bomb at the end of Series 2. I think that this is the twist in the coming plot.
Just a suspicion.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I think it was all Jonny bleedin foreigners fault.
  • Probably the most boring series on tv and how anyone would want to go with that ugly bird with the big nose and the looks of a japanese hyena before the fit bird he already has at home is beyond comprehension.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i'm with Frank here.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Franks hit the nail on the head. :wink:
    Still watching it though. :oops:
    And yes, Saul is involved IMHO.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I think Saul has been planning to become a great swordsman and then to be able to avenge his father with the words "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Although to be fair I don't have a TV so could be a bit off :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    I think Saul has been planning to become a great swordsman and then to be able to avenge his father with the words "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

^ This. Saul needs to catch the six fingered man.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daviesee
    team47b wrote:

:lol:
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    The one to keep your eye on is the weirdy beardy guy who keeps advising Saul.

Spoilers

He murdered Mozart in an earlier episode
  • pinno
    Why did Saul hang out Carrie to dry ? If he was serious about the terrorism threat, Carrie would be his No1 ally.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Why did Saul hang out Carrie to dry ? If he was serious about the terrorism threat, Carrie would be his No1 ally.

he's nailed her and now moved on?
  • mrfpb
    Two episodes in and it's just more confusing. The (presumably) Muslim lady with the head covering getting big time CIA secret access just eight days into the job is a bit of a credibility stretching plot detail.
  • Was waiting for the last episode to start, but then it ended, wtf.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Prediction for next week: Saul's ninja-assassin guy leaves the agency in disgust after killing small boy, breaks Carrie out of hospital and they both go on the lamb, hunting down Brodie to prove his innocence and nail the bad guy.
    That's what i would do if I was a scriptwriter which I'm not, or an International Superspy and Man of Mystery.

What does a ninja-assassin-with-a-conscience do after retiring?
  • daviesee
    MichaelW wrote:
    Prediction for next week: Saul's ninja-assassin guy leaves the agency in disgust after killing small boy, breaks Carrie out of hospital and they both go on the lamb, hunting down Brodie to prove his innocence and nail the bad guy.
    That's what i would do if I was a scriptwriter which I'm not, or an International Superspy and Man of Mystery.

From films, they usually buy a log cabin in the wilderness and get a dog. Fact.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    These thread posts are actually more exciting than the first two episodes of series two. Fact.
  • MichaelW wrote:

Yes, Carrie going on the run seems inevitable. However if it's Ninja or Saul himself who gets her out is the question.

In any case, wouldn't the guys they send to do killings not be completely seperate from the CIA people in headquarters. Not hang around during meetings etc? You would think the only information they would get is "target is here", "kill him at this time", and that's it.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Islwyn wrote:
    These thread posts are actually more exciting than the first two episodes of series two. Fact.

I came to watch a series about terrorism, spying, and such.... and now its about mental health :?
  • mrfpb
    In any case, wouldn't the guys they send to do killings not be completely seperate from the CIA people in headquarters. Not hang around during meetings etc? You would think the only information they would get is "target is here", "kill him at this time", and that's it.

I think all the "sitting in meeting" bods were killed in the explosion. Now they need the Ninjas to come in and take the minutes, do the typing etc. I think they'll contract out the bumping off to G4S or Blackwater.
  • daviesee
    mrfpb wrote:

I think all the "sitting in meeting" bods were killed in the explosion. Now they need the Ninjas to come in and take the minutes, do the typing etc. I think they'll contract out the bumping off to G4S or Blackwater.
    G4S?
    If this was real life I would be locking myself in a room for the duration. :wink:
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Definitely left me pretty darn confused so far. Not as impressed by it so far.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Islwyn wrote:

I came to watch a series about terrorism, spying, and such.... and now its about mental health :?

This made me LOL.
  • It's like sitting down to watch a film about an airline crash and finding it's actually about alcohol addiction. Yawn. Flight - don't do it, it's crap.
  • It's like sitting down to watch a film about an airline crash and finding it's actually about alcohol addiction. Yawn. Flight - don't do it, it's crap.

However the first 60 secs are superb if you're a My Name Is Earl fan!!! ;-)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    It seems to be going downhill.

Sauls outburst about the headscarf seemed well out of the norm for him.
    And I'd have checked the VT to see who it was moved the car bomb round to where it went off.
    Maybe that's too obvious though.
  • But surely the big question is when will Mrs Brodie get her kit off?
  • morstar
    I might well have missed the pertinent bit of dialogue as a result of my family having verbal diarrhoea, however...
    Why is Brodie now captive to some people who know of Carrie and the bounty on his head but don't want to do anything with him other than keep him prisoner?

Please explain as it makes no sense at the moment.
  • pinno
    morstar wrote:
    I might well have missed the pertinent bit of dialogue as a result of my family having verbal diarrhoea, however...
    Why is Brodie now captive to some people who know of Carrie and the bounty on his head but don't want to do anything with him other than keep him prisoner?

Please explain as it makes no sense at the moment.

I don't know. perhaps it will come clear next week.
  • morstar
    I assumed I'd missed something! Will have to be a damn good reason for a bunch of apparent gangsters to not cash in a $10M bounty dead or alive.

As an aside, I wonder if the gangster daughter is going to be a love rival for Carrie. Can't quite figure that dynamic.
  • pinno
    morstar wrote:
    I assumed I'd missed something! Will have to be a damn good reason for a bunch of apparent gangsters to not cash in a $10M bounty dead or alive.

As an aside, I wonder if the gangster daughter is going to be a love rival for Carrie. Can't quite figure that dynamic.

Can't wait for the gangster daughter to get her kit off.
  • morstar
    morstar wrote:

Can't wait for the gangster daughter to get her kit off.
    I'll be surprised if you are disappointed. I reckon it will be in the next two episodes.