Shand Skinnymalinky

124»

Comments

• Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Don't mind the 70's colour scheme but Saddle angle isn't to my liking ouch! :roll:
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Moonbiker wrote:
    Don't mind the 70's colour scheme but Saddle angle isn't to my liking ouch! :roll:

saddle (Gilles Berthoud Aspin leather ) tilt has come down a bit but nose is still 15mm higher than back---I know it looks ouch ! but is extremely comfortable ---on Stoater my B17 saddle looks similarly ouch ! but having ridden 600km single ride (30 hours) I had no complaints at all re comfort :D
  • JamesB
    Wound Up carbon forks , which were taking a while to arrive, now fitted---27mm tyres with guards fit easily, nice sharp ride with them too.

Bars and tape replaced after having a heavy crash / fall on them :(

16494699619_db8d973f8a_b.jpgS-malinky woundup forks by jamesld8, on Flickr
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    That saddle angle looks rather painful to me. Do you get on with it?
  • JamesB
    holiver wrote:
    That saddle angle looks rather painful to me. Do you get on with it?

Yes others have commented too !! It is however very comfortable as set (15mm rise on nose), even when riding on they drops. Both my other bikes have leather saddles set similarly, and are equally comfortable to perch upon---if not equally comfortable on the eye :D
  • ^^ said in a slightly high pitched voice...^^
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    'For the record'... and for those of you who hated the 35mm fulcrum wheels:

16911165816_9edc4c304f_o.jpg

Everything the same except wheelset upgraded to American Classic road tubeless (although running clinchers and tubes atm until funds allow for new tyres). Not ridden them yet, and probably won't for at least another week as all the rain in the sky is going to fall down over the next few days.