2014 Gear

1868788899092»

Comments

• type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Better view of the shoes:
    aaa_zps055d8f04.jpg

The 'pistolero' logos on the toes aren't the same. That would annoy me no end.

He must've stubbed his left foot against the bedpost on the way to the sign on. Bloody inconsiderate since FF could have done with the lie in.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    The stem on that looks really clumsy, because it is so much larger than the bars where it meets them.

I had that frame in my hands last week (the white is actually lime green). Lovely quality but the graphics are bit basic. Nice aero bars.

This sort of begs the question "would you buy an extremely ugly bike IF it were faster than the pretty ones"? Or does pretty trump everything? :?

You're asking the wrong person. It's my job to make things that look nice (and work well. It's called good design) :wink:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The Cervelo S5 is ugly as sin but it is a good bike. You don't nice what it looks like when your riding it though
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    62g now :shock:
    QQ+Photo20140712224647.jpg

Greipel's bike:
    Bsa3pi5IMAEbrYg.jpg
    BsVgc33IcAAiIWY.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    Those shoes look nice. Are they Hansen's?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    OPQS wrote:
    Those shoes look nice. Are they Hansen's?

Yes. And to comply with UCI equipment regs, he's now selling them. At €2000-€2500 a pair. "42 hours to make a pair, 8 individual molds and 4-8 week leads time".
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    inseine wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    The stem on that looks really clumsy, because it is so much larger than the bars where it meets them.

I had that frame in my hands last week (the white is actually lime green). Lovely quality but the graphics are bit basic. Nice aero bars.

This sort of begs the question "would you buy an extremely ugly bike IF it were faster than the pretty ones"? Or does pretty trump everything? :?

You're asking the wrong person. It's my job to make things that look nice (and work well. It's called good design) :wink:

Guess I've always been a function first, then form, kind of person. Sort of a, if it performs it's function really well(above the others) then it is beautiful. Even if it's butt ugly. Plus the fact that beauty for one person doesn't necessarily equate to beauty for another. :wink:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:

Guess I've always been a function first, then form, kind of person. Sort of a, if it performs it's function really well(above the others) then it is beautiful. Even if it's butt ugly. Plus the fact that beauty for one person doesn't necessarily equate to beauty for another. :wink:

Good design should work well and look good. It's only 'butt ugly' if its over styled with no function.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    inseine wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:

Good design should work well and look good. It's only 'butt ugly' if its over styled with no function.

Can't imagine any cycling related product that is "overstyled with no function". Well, there have been a few over the years but...... :wink:
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    Talk of UCI rules Im after the aero jersey Orica Greenedge has but I have searched for hours and cant find any! Any ideas what the actual rule is?
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    DiscoBoy wrote:

garmin-sharp not using their vectors to measure power, instead using rotor SRMs
    1404747245506-u17lq1qfcmeo-700-80.jpg

Wonder if this has anything to do with the report/rumour that Garmin may be moving to Cannondale next year?
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    CGRenn wrote:
    Talk of UCI rules Im after the aero jersey Orica Greenedge has but I have searched for hours and cant find any! Any ideas what the actual rule is?

Not sure if they have to supply them with OGRE written on them or not..?

But as a guide, Rapha don't make the full mesh Sky Jerseys that the riders use (do they?) hey do a more wearable version for us punters. Same with Castelli and those aeroroad suit thingums...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    ddraver wrote:
    CGRenn wrote:

Not sure if they have to supply them with OGRE written on them or not..?

But as a guide, Rapha don't make the full mesh Sky Jerseys that the riders use (do they?) hey do a more wearable version for us punters. Same with Castelli and those aeroroad suit thingums...

Ohh really! is that how they get passed it.

Rapha do now! I really like it also, £150 though....
    http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/team-sky ... duct/SCB01
  • Paul 8v
    Oh god! They released it to the mass MAMIL market. they make this in an XXL size, who here wants to see an 18 stone guy in a see-through jersey... any takers? Coming soon to a Box Hill sportive...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Oh my bad...

Hey Some us are thankful for Rapha's XXL!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh my bad...

Hey Some us are thankful for Rapha's XXL!
    That's absolutely fine for their normal clothing but I don't want to see anyone in a see through jersey!
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    brettjmcc wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:

garmin-sharp not using their vectors to measure power, instead using rotor SRMs
    http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/new ... 700-80.jpg

Wonder if this has anything to do with the report/rumour that Garmin may be moving to Cannondale next year?

I doubt it very much indeed. It must be to do with function.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • frenchfighter
    Wiggins' son tocking the OPQS kit. Nice.

10543570_918718358155145_2084763808_n.jpg

He has been picking up a few retro bikes as well:
    http://instagram.com/bradwiggins
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Vino with orange spec's...not seen these before:
    201407150617226682715_zps8e0b1a68.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Vino with orange spec's...not seen these before:
    201407150617226682715_zps8e0b1a68.jpg

Orange or gold? Gold to match the bike and gold medal in London perhaps?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    orange specialized shoes.

Took me a while to get it as well....
  • frenchfighter
    Ah missed pokerface's post. Yes I meant the shoes. He has had the bike for a while now and yes it is for the Olympics win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Wiggins' son tocking the OPQS kit. Nice.

10543570_918718358155145_2084763808_n.jpg

He has been picking up a few retro bikes as well:
    http://instagram.com/bradwiggins

Sunnies arms under helmet straps? Call yourself a pro?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875