Newbie-ish girl :)

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Look at how many views this thread has got compared to the thread started the same day which didn't have "girl" in the title.

And for what looks like someone attempting to chat up a girl on the internet, it's funny to hear "get a life" anywhere in your comment.

this thread has got a lot of replies as she's from a similar area to a few of us, look at the comments and you'll see there's nothing suggestive about them....
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Look at how many views this thread has got compared to the thread started the same day which didn't have "girl" in the title.

And for what looks like someone attempting to chat up a girl on the internet, it's funny to hear "get a life" anywhere in your comment.
    Here it is again, get a life.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    cooldad wrote:
    Aaaaw how cute, young love.

Sion and Sian, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
    First comes love, then comes marriage.
    Then comes an abrupt, tragic miscarriage.
    Then comes blame, then comes despair.
    Two hearts damaged beyond repair...
    Sian leaves Sion, and takes the tree. D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Even your boyfriend could see what you were up to!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cooldad wrote:
    Aaaaw how cute, young love.

Sion and Sian, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
    First comes love, then comes marriage.
    Then comes an abrupt, tragic miscarriage.
    Then comes blame, then comes despair.
    Two hearts damaged beyond repair...
    Sian leaves Sion, and takes the tree. D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Even your boyfriend could see what you were up to!
    Here we are again, another thread where you aren't actually contributing anything of worth to it.
    Tell me, why are you here, exactly?
  • pesky_jones
    Because if I make a comment, you guys jump on it. Seriously - look at other comments - you guys must feel compelled or somehting.

And also, it's great fun.

And one more, I'm pretty sure they're are more users who would say exact thing that about you, Yeehaa.
  • welshkev
    Because if I make a comment, you guys jump on it. Seriously - look at other comments - you guys must feel compelled or somehting.

not compelled, it's just I do fark all in work so I have to do something :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:

not compelled, it's just I do fark all in work so I have to do something :lol:

+1!!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Because if I make a comment, you guys jump on it.
    That's because you're a bucket full of fail. Nothing you ever say can be left uncorrected.
    you're a clueless parasite.
  • pesky_jones
    And you, are a lonely, lonely man.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And you, are a lonely, lonely man.
    That is a sweeping assumption.

How do you know he's a man?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • siancara
    siancara Posts: 29
    Oooh dear. For the record, the replies were all about biking, and everyone answered my questions/helped me out. (err, minus a few.)

Plus, for all you know, I could be hideously ugly.

:)
  • Send me some pics and I will let the young boys know ! P.S my daughter's your age . :D .when you're a Welshman in the land of scared sheep any girl on a mountain bike is attractive !
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    siancara wrote:
    Oooh you lucky person. I do love North Wales, visit there a few times a year, mainly for surfing/other watersports! Really nice. Still haven't got round to climbing Snowdon though...

Where is good to surf in North Wales, I used to surf loads in south wales but would have thought any further North would have been a write off due to Ireland being in the way.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Where is good to surf in North Wales, I used to surf loads in south wales but would have thought any further North would have been a write off due to Ireland being in the way.

Sorry about that! :lol:
  • siancara
    siancara wrote:
    Oooh you lucky person. I do love North Wales, visit there a few times a year, mainly for surfing/other watersports! Really nice. Still haven't got round to climbing Snowdon though...

Anglesey! Rhosneigr is good, plenty of other places too.
  • cooldad
    siancara wrote:
    Oooh dear. For the record, the replies were all about biking, and everyone answered my questions/helped me out. (err, minus a few.)

Plus, for all you know, I could be hideously ugly.

:)
    All Welsh woman are gorgeous, just like all Welshmen are ugly midgets like Yeehaa.
    It's a fact.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I'll give you ugly, that's a given. Where did the whole "midget" thing come from though? I've never quite understood that.
  • cooldad
    I thought all Welshmen were dwarf miners called Gimli, or something like that, who talk in runes.
    And all women look like Cathgerine Zeta Jones.

Really.

Anyway it always seems to bug you, so that's good enough for me.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    No, doesn't bug me at all, I find it quite amusing. I just didn't understand where it originated from, since I've not heard of that stereotype before.

And we're not all called Gimli, you spazwangle, we're called Jones or Williams.
  • cooldad
    It's not a stereotype. just a mental picture.
    For example most people visualise me as a combination of Robert Redford and Terminator. Which is quite accurate really.
    I imagine you as something out of a Dalek.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    See, the dwarf thing had me visualising something akin to this...
    Dwarven-Miner.png

Whereas, since you're old, and posh (obviously since you're from daarn saarf in the land of Ings), cranky, and possibly insane, I visualised you as something like this...
    img_2.jpg

Which is probably quite accurate, am I right?
  • cooldad
    Not quite accurate, uncannily so. That is me except I'm not as cheerful looking as that.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why do Welsh women bleach their hair?

So they look more like sheep!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cyd190468 wrote:
    I would like to make an official apology to the OP as yet another thread has wandered off into oblivion.
    Actual pic of cyd
    ugly-moron-idiot-27546308239.jpeg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    cooldad wrote:
    cyd190468 wrote:
    I would like to make an official apology to the OP as yet another thread has wandered off into oblivion.
    Actual pic of cyd
    ugly-moron-idiot-27546308239.jpeg

I would.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • siancara
    No, doesn't bug me at all, I find it quite amusing. I just didn't understand where it originated from, since I've not heard of that stereotype before.

And we're not all called Gimli, you spazwangle, we're called Jones or Williams.

I'm a Williams, wahayyy. And as a Welsh woman who grew up in Wales I can confirm I've seen no welsh men who resemble Gimli/dwarves/miners... Need I go on.
    And for the welsh women bleaching their hair sheep joke, most welsh women have black hair, Celtic thing apparently... Never bleached my hair personally ;)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Ahhh, good to see you're all on top form here lads :wink::lol:

And fab to have another girl joining the testosterone-fest that is BR - hello and welcome to the mad house siancara :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thanks! :D
  • And that's the end of that thread

GO HOME PEOPLE THE SHOWS OVER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil

this is the funnyiest thread ive seen in a while well done guys and girl take a bow
  • welshkev
    miss notax wrote:
    Ahhh, good to see you're all on top form here lads :wink::lol:

And fab to have another girl joining the testosterone-fest that is BR - hello and welcome to the mad house siancara :D

I have no idea what you mean, we're always most welcoming of the female species here :lol: