Newbie-ish girl :)

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    welshkev wrote:
    I bet you went there, and all.

I wouldn't have gone there using yours :lol:
    well, no, obviously, since it's about 180 miles away. The moment would e lost by the time you came to get it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    siancara wrote:
    Do you know what year they started there? Would probably know them!

thinking about it, my other brothers ex went there too :lol:

um, my mate is 32 and my brothers girlfriend is 28 I think. i'm not sure when they would've started/left there
  • siancara
    siancara Posts: 29
    Ah fair do's, I'm 22 so maybe not!
  • welshkev
    siancara wrote:

my mate does have younger sisters so you may very well know them, but for the life of me I can't remember their names :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sian, Sien, Siin, Sion, Siun?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    welshkev wrote:
    siancara wrote:

my mate does younger sisters so you may very well know him
    Dude, not cool.
  • siancara
    welshkev wrote:
    siancara wrote:

my mate does younger sisters so you may very well know him
    Dude, not cool.

Ha

:mrgreen:
  • welshkev
    I take it your family still live in wales? if so when you come home and you fancy going for a ride there quite a few girls ride with the club I ride with, check out www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk

*I know yeehaa will edit about fancying a ride :lol:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    welshkev wrote:
    I take it your family still live in wales? if so when you come home, there are a few in the club who check out and ride quite a few girls. If you fancy it.

Pfft, MOI?
  • siancara
    welshkev wrote:
    I take it your family still live in wales? if so when you come home and you fancy going for a ride there quite a few girls ride with the club I ride with, check out http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk

Awesome! Yep I'm home quite a bit in Caldicot... only problem I have is lack of car = lack of ability to get me and my bike places.

My new bike arrived yesterday (the one I previously had was a piece of crap!). Put it all together, was quite impressed with myself, but I have yet to ride it. I have visions of it falling apart as I pedal away... It looks pretty anyway :lol:
  • welshkev
    siancara wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I take it your family still live in wales? if so when you come home and you fancy going for a ride there quite a few girls ride with the club I ride with, check out http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk

Awesome! Yep I'm home quite a bit in Caldicot... only problem I have is lack of car = lack of ability to get me and my bike places.

My new bike arrived yesterday (the one I previously had was a piece of crap!). Put it all together, was quite impressed with myself, but I have yet to ride it. I have visions of it falling apart as I pedal away... It looks pretty anyway :lol:

what'd you get?

i'm not sure if anyone else is from your way, there's like 90 members or something so there very well may be, join the forum and see :)
  • siancara
    Ok will do!
    It's nothing great... but hopefully at least adequate for what I'm gonna be doing. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamondback-Pea ... B007EMXUI6

Was the most I could afford unfortunately... but I really like it anyway! Given that my last bike was this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499 it's a very welcome improvement!

But I live in apartments, and all the places to lock it in the garage are taken... err, not sure what I'm gonna do with it!
  • welshkev
    my bike lives in the downstairs toilet, sod keeping it in the shed. makes going to the toilet kinda awkward though :lol:
  • siancara
    Haha! well I'd love to keep mine in the flat but the big signs on all the doors into the building saying 'no bicycles' kinda rules that out. Though I'm tempted to just do that, if management complains, I'll ask them where else they expected me to keep it as there's no storage in the communal garage...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ignore the signs - they are normally concerned about bikes in passages etc.
    What you get up to in the privacy of your flat is your business.
    Although if you want to link to your webcam feed feel free.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • siancara
    Guess so, there is CCTV though.. but luckily my flat is right next to the pedestrian garage entrance meaning i could at least bring it through the garage to my flat not through the main doors, which might give management less to complain about! Only one way to find out...
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    siancara wrote:
    Haha! well I'd love to keep mine in the flat but the big signs on all the doors into the building saying 'no bicycles' kinda rules that out. Though I'm tempted to just do that, if management complains, I'll ask them where else they expected me to keep it as there's no storage in the communal garage...

Remove front wheel, then its not a bicycle....
  • siancara
    zx6man wrote:
    siancara wrote:

Remove front wheel, then its not a bicycle....

:lol:
    Hey, I do have quick release wheels...
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Going back to the original bit about Cannock, it really isn't that difficult and most rocky or technical sections have a bypass if you don't fancy doing them :)
  • siancara
    ej2320 wrote:
    Going back to the original bit about Cannock, it really isn't that difficult and most rocky or technical sections have a bypass if you don't fancy doing them :)

Thanks, plan on going there in the next week or so :)
  • ej2320
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Word of advice, it gets very busy after lunchtime and even in the morning it's busy.. :L It's started to put me off Cannock and I stick to the welsh trail centres, cross country rides and quite trails such as hopton woods red route..
  • siancara
    ej2320 wrote:
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Word of advice, it gets very busy after lunchtime and even in the morning it's busy.. :L It's started to put me off Cannock and I stick to the welsh trail centres, cross country rides and quite trails such as hopton woods red route..

Thanks for the heads up! Would it alright around 4pm?
  • ej2320
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Hard to say really, I normally get there quite early to avoid the familys who shouldn't really be riding it. The hardcore riders get there early morning or late at night so you shouldn't see many of them.. I think it will mainly be familys or less experienced riders there about 4pm :) If you can go on a weekday as it's not quite as busy, but don't be surprised if you get a few guys behind you trying to get past :L
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    ej2320 wrote:
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    siancara wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Hard to say really, I normally get there quite early to avoid the familys who shouldn't really be riding it. The hardcore riders get there early morning or late at night so you shouldn't see many of them.. I think it will mainly be familys or less experienced riders there about 4pm :) If you can go on a weekday as it's not quite as busy, but don't be surprised if you get a few guys behind you trying to get past :L

It's not that bad on weekdays, once the schools go back it'll become very quiet again. If you head up there weekday mornings you can ride and not see people for ages. Again, by 4pm at the weekend it should be starting to quieten down a bit too, busisest times are mid morning through to mid afternoon.

But if I were you I'd turn up whenever and just ride. Personally I only get to ride there at weekends during uni holidays because of placements and stuff. As such I really can't be arsed with getting up early to get there and beat the rush as it's the one chance I get to sleep in a bit if I want to… sure there's a fair few people around but they tend to be quite friendly and it's not a massive issue, and at least you know if you crash or have a problem there'll always be someone along in a few minutes. The problem I have this time of year isn't volume of cyclists, it's families away on holiday walking along on the bike trails :evil:
  • siancara
    Ok cool. My boyfriend's home is in Cannock so we're gonna go check it out when we're there next week!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    And that's the end of that thread
  • welshkev

in your shallow world. i'm old enough to be her dad!!
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:

Are you male? Gaaay
  • YeehaaMcgee
    welshkev wrote:

Ditto :lol:
    There's some children here, impressed that any man will actually talk with a girl. Get a life, guys.
  • pesky_jones
    Look at how many views this thread has got compared to the thread started the same day which didn't have "girl" in the title.

And for what looks like someone attempting to chat up a girl on the internet, it's funny to hear "get a life" anywhere in your comment.