I though cyclists were friendly?

124»

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Squints
  • Giantmike your comment knocks me sick, I can't believe you would ignore someone if they were fat or riding a carrera :?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Critch wrote:
    Mostly friendly here in Norfolk, always get a wave, nod, hi, or a flick of the fingers off the hood. One or two have focused only on staring at my bike as they approach from 40 metres away and stared at it as if it was riderless, completely ignoring me which is not very civil or sociable - these are guys I'd stop for if they had problems.... The last guy to do it I shouted "there is a person on this bike, asshole!" It took him by surprise and he wobbled a bit. I kept going with a cheery wave. Thats the kind of snobbery I detest, but as with most things in life, there are always assholes around the corner.

Must be getting old as i read that as "there is an asshole on this bike, person!"
  • GiantMike wrote:
    If I'd seen you today I'd have waved. I normally do. Unless you look like a fat sack of st!t on a crappy Carrera 'thing' in which case I'd ignore you to save us both the embarrassment of acknowledging I'm a significantly better cyclist than you.

Oh dear your post and your sig seem to contradict each other, you might want to change that! I am one of those who currently ride a crappy carrera, been road cycling for about 8 weeks and clocked up over 200 miles in the last few weeks alone averaging 16.5 mph. When i am cycling the vast majority of cyclists i see wave, nod, shout morning none of this bike snobbery lark.
  • Mikey23
    I detected a touch of irony ...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    GiantMike wrote:
    If I'd seen you today I'd have waved. I normally do. Unless you look like a fat sack of st!t on a crappy Carrera 'thing' in which case I'd ignore you to save us both the embarrassment of acknowledging I'm a significantly better cyclist than you.

Oh dear your post and your sig seem to contradict each other, you might want to change that! I am one of those who currently ride a crappy carrera, been road cycling for about 8 weeks and clocked up over 200 miles in the last few weeks alone averaging 16.5 mph. When i am cycling the vast majority of cyclists i see wave, nod, shout morning none of this bike snobbery lark.
    suzygarbo wrote:
    Giantmike your comment knocks me sick, I can't believe you would ignore someone if they were fat or riding a carrera :?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, there is an outside chance that comment wasn't 100% serious?!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Mikey23
    I've told you before, don't call me Shirley
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    nevman wrote:
    Recently travelled through Cambs and Essex-miserable lot,apart from the lady riders who all waved.
    And the males could do with less pies.

Strange, I've found women cyclists have the highest proportion of 'non-wavers.'

Maybe because lots of women are relatively new to the sport and haven't learned the etiquette

the etiquette of waving at some completely random bloke who happens to be cycling past you, no they dont teach us that when we go buy our bikes :lol: Ive just been following what everyone else does to me and paddington staring intently back at you through my sunglasses 8)
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Chris Bass wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

suzygarbo wrote:
    Giantmike your comment knocks me sick, I can't believe you would ignore someone if they were fat or riding a carrera :?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, there is an outside chance that comment wasn't 100% serious?!

Coffee just came out of my nose.
  • Mikey23
    Nice trick if you can do it!
  • The Amazing Human Espresso Machine!
    FCN 7

"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate, Watson"