Are ALL Range Rover (Sport/Vogue) drivers disabled?

124»

Comments

• Mr Goo wrote:
    Range Rover. The choice of the discerning....

2243259.jpg?type=articleLandscape

..... Irish Pikey.

Sorry I meant Ethnic Southern Irish Traveller.

what i dont get is where there get all the money from for plush caravans and top end cars. tarmaccing drives isnt that lucrative is it?

This comment is either tongue in cheek or your innocence is touching in this day and age!

you have seen some of my other posts around these boards havent you?...
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    I'll admit I've had numerous Land Rovers, but not Range Rovers. I agree with the OP that mainly RR's are driven by twonks, but the vast majority of us Land Rover owners are decent people! (I pay tax and the only tan I have is from bib shorts)

Current Land Rover fleet:

Freelander 2
    1950s Series 1
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Range Rover Sports make me laugh, how good are low profile tyres off road? One of my customers that deals in Land Rover and Range Rover was laughs all the way to the bank when it snows as he makes a fortune repairing front end panelwork on them. Whilst 4 wheel drive may help them accelerate in slippery conditions, it doesn't help them stop.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Range Rover Sports make me laugh, how good are low profile tyres off road? One of my customers that deals in Land Rover and Range Rover was laughs all the way to the bank when it snows as he makes a fortune repairing front end panelwork on them. Whilst 4 wheel drive may help them accelerate in slippery conditions, it doesn't help them stop.

Thats odd as in braking tests they come out incredibly well.
    Active 4wd braking is a sweet system.
    Living MY dream.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    VTech wrote:
    Thats odd as in braking tests they come out incredibly well.
    Active 4wd braking is a sweet system.

You'll be even more amazed to find that they've been fitting brakes to each corner of 'normal' cars too ;-)

Judging by the tw@ts in 4x4s driving on sheet ice with normal tyres these last few winters, most don't seem to understand that a big, heavy vehicle takes longer to stop than a lighter one. I had one trying to pass me as I was riding down a narrow lane on my CX bike with studded tyres - he'd accelerate to overtake and get lots of wheelspin and then skidded as he braked.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I am surprised that we dot adopt a compulsory winter tyre programme like other Europeans do. Would be much safer.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Exactly. No amount of clever electronics will overcome the laws of physics when some tool thinks he can drive on ice the way he can on a dry road with low profile tyres because he has 4 wheel drive. The fact that it is a 4x4 lulls people into a false sense of security.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    VTech wrote:
    I am surprised that we dot adopt a compulsory winter tyre programme like other Europeans do. Would be much safer.
    I guess they do more damage to the roads to counter what is only a sporadic problem in the UK.
    Walking around Sweden in winter, what amazes me is how courteous drivers are. It's a totally different approach. In Gothenburg there is a large crossroads that has no traffic lights and absolutely no road markings and yet people navigate it with considerate driving. It simply couldn't happen here.