Ride London Classic **Spoiler**

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Offredo so classy on a bike. Topsort lad is very eager and doing great for a youngster. Wish the moto would do a sweep of the peloton so we could see who is left and whether Sagan is there. Sagan is either suffering or playing it Freire style.
    Can imagine Offredo's frustration though - the Flemish lad doesn't have anything to contribute to the break.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Offredo so classy on a bike. Topsort lad is very eager and doing great for a youngster. Wish the moto would do a sweep of the peloton so we could see who is left and whether Sagan is there. Sagan is either suffering or playing it Freire style.
    I think I just saw him but his national champs kit is so subtle it's hard to tell!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, but the poor lad has nothing left after all that effort and he isnt f licking his elbow. Hopefully he will take some turns soon.

It would be amazing if Offredo took this. What a win that would be.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Given the lack of Liquigas at the front I wouldnt be surprised if Sagan was not there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Sagan was in a group a fair way off the back. They haven't showed them getting back in.
  • Yeah, but the poor lad has nothing left after all that effort and he isnt f licking his elbow. Hopefully he will take some turns soon.

He wont be happy if Waeytens jumps him on the Mall :)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Yeah, but the poor lad has nothing left after all that effort and he isnt f licking his elbow. Hopefully he will take some turns soon.

He wont be happy if Waeytens jumps him on the Mall :)
    The way he reacted angrily to Offredo trying to lose him, I imagine he's told Offredo he's more than happy to hang on and won't contest the win
  • frenchfighter
    Offredo hasnt had any bottles for ages. He must be suffering a ton here. Racer.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Hayles just said that the French had a win at the Tour for years which was why they were trying so hard this year :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    God the background finish line noise on BBC is infuriating.
  • Paul 8v
    Hayles just said that the French had a win at the Tour for years which was why they were trying so hard this year :roll:
    Haha, glad to see they've done their research. My viewing has been relegated to the iPad so I have BBC coverage now, that music is irritating, the annoying "come on now, hup, hup, hup" man must be the one from the tour series, unless all announcers do that....
  • F*cking BBC. Cycling coverage atrocious as usual.
  • If Demare gets this....!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    STuck at work w/o access to a TV.

Must be less than 20 kms to go now?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Hayles has got the most boring voice. Life and soul of the party not !!!
  • Paul 8v
    Shame they're getting caught, if Waeytens had done a few more turns they might have stood a bit more of a chance. Shame to see it end in a sprint after all the activity earlier
  • Bauer 's always chucking his bike around
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D:D:D
  • What a team
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    and Demare (FdJ) led out by Soupe Can see Offredo going on the attack nearer the line then its up to Cannondale Green Edge Sky to chase

Well called SGS
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Great BBC. Camera finish position in a kinda stick yer camera over the barrier and hope for the best
  • Paul 8v
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Great BBC. Camera finish position in a kinda stick yer camera over the barrier and hope for the best
    Yeah that was a bit poor, along with the shot of the guy just sitting up after he'd finished his part of the leadout
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Who ever the tv director for this event was he needs to go on a fact finding trip with ASO. Terrible camera choice in closing 20km.
  • FransJacques
    who was it? Sagan?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • frenchfighter
    Well a sprint win is a sprint win so not that much respect can be heaped on Demare however I like the guy and his team animated the race so I am happy for him.

Danny Van Poppel in 5th!

Swift 10th, oh well Sky.

Decent race and good to see Uk teams representing as well as many youngsters. However I feel like if the WT teams sent some better riders and some riders who could be bothered to ride then it would have been a harder, faster race in the last 2hrs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:

The whole race coverage was a rather half arsed from a camera point of view. Mainly served to show just how well the French do the tv coverage of cycle races.
  • FransJacques
  • Was that a McQuaid translating Arnaud Demare on BBC?
  • Licence fees payers robbed again. Woeful camera work and joking captions. Pity the commentators, again, trying to decipher the rubbish presented to them.

No improvement since the pitiful coverage last year.

Now stupid questions to the winner.

Dear, oh dear!
  • Valedoc44 wrote:
    Licence fees payers robbed again. Woeful camera work and joking captions. Pity the commentators, again, trying to decipher the rubbish presented to them.

No improvement since the pitiful coverage last year.

Now stupid questions to the winner.

Dear, oh dear!

better than Tour of Poland though!